60+ Insightful Job Interview Questions And Answers For Job Seekers!Aug 19, 2021 10:22 PM Photo by Tim Gouw from Unsplash
Job interview is one of the most important stage that everyone will face before get the job itself. For you who are preparing for it, you should know these lists of job interview questions and answers. You may have been through numbers of job interviews and they seem to be no progress. Well, you can always do it over and never give up to get your dream job and convincing the hiring manager.
Job Interview Questions
Having an ideal job is everyone's dream, no doubt about that. If you feel you need an enlightenment to what are things you should prepare before hitting the interview, these job interview questions and answers may be your best references. Are you curious in answering this question? Okay, let's check these out!
- "Describe a time when you disagreed with your boss."
- "Describe a time when you had to give a person difficult feedback."
- "Describe a time when your boss was wrong. How did you handle the situation?"
- "Describe a time when your work was criticized?"
- "Describe a time you chose to not help a teammate."
- "Describe a time you got angry at work."
- "Describe a time you went above and beyond at work."
- "Describe a time you went out of your way to help somebody."
- "Do you think you could have done better in your last job?"
- "How would you deal with an angry or irate customer?"
- "How would you feel about reporting to a person younger than you?"
- "How would you fire someone?"
- "Tell me about how you dealt with a difficult challenge in the workplace."
- "Tell me about the last mistake you made."
- "What do you really think about your previous boss?"
- "What do you want to accomplish in the first 30 days of this job?"
- "What do you want to accomplish in the first 90 days of this job?"
- "What has been the most rewarding experience of your career thus far?"
- "Would you ever lie for a company?"
These are the answers that you can say during the job interview!
Start by describing your background or previous job description with a summary of your most impressive responsibilities:
- “I've been a hostess at XYZ Restaurant for just over two years where I greet and seat customers, assess wait times, fulfill to-go orders and answer the phones. I love the lively and busy environment—we often have Friday and Saturday wait times of one hour or more...”
Next, briefly summarize your previous roles experience with key achievements:
- “...Before working at XYZ Restaurant, I worked in retail as a floor associate for five years. Working in retail developed the customer service skills that make me a great hostess, offering a top-tier dining experience from the moment customers walk in the door. It also equipped me with the ability to work quickly under pressure and I am a good fit worker..."
Lastly, express how you found the new job and why it's a good fit for you and your goals:
- “...I've enjoyed and grown in my current role, but wish to expand and utilize my customer service expertise in an elite restaurant environment. I am interested in your restaurant because of its reputation for delivering first-in-class service to your patrons in a lively, dynamic environment.”
Questions To Ask In A Job InterviewPhoto by Amy Hirschi from Unsplash
In the job interview, there will be a chance for interviewee to ask their own questions. These lists of job interview questions and answers below can be your inspiration to ask during the job interview. You might wonder of the salary and the work environment in the company. Don't be hesitate, just ask 'em all. Let's check these list out!
- "Can you show me examples of projects I’d be working on?"
- "Do you expect the main responsibilities for this position to change in the next six months to a year?"
- "Is this a new role that has been created?"
- "What are the biggest challenges that someone in this position would face?"
- "What are the most immediate projects that need to be addressed?"
- "What are the skills and experiences you’re looking for in an ideal candidate?"
- "What attributes does someone need to have in order to be really successful in this position?"
- "What does a typical day look like?"
- "What sort of budget would I be working with?"
- "What types of skills is the team missing that you’re looking to fill with a new hire?"
Common Job Interview Questions
Job interview is one scary step in job search that sometimes make most job seekers feeling down. If you're well experienced in such thing, you may are familiar with these common job interview questions and answers. The behavioral interview questions you may be asked are about the company and yourself. Let's check 'em out!
- "Are you a morning person?"
- "Are you more of a leader or a follower?"
- "Describe your perfect company."
- "Do you have a personal mission statement?"
- "Do you prefer to work alone or on a team?"
- "How do you keep yourself organized?"
- "How do you want to improve yourself in the upcoming year?"
- "How long do you expect to work for this company?"
- "How would a good friend describe you?"
- "What are some positive things your last boss would say about you?"
- "What are three skills or traits you wish you had?"
- "What character traits would your friends use to describe you?"
- "What commonly accepted view do you disagree with and why?"
- "What differentiates you from our other candidates?"
- "What do you like most about yourself?"
- "What is your favorite movie of all time and why?"
- "What is your ideal working environment?"
- "What is your proudest achievement?"
- "What makes you uncomfortable?"
- "Who are your heroes?"
Questions To Ask During Job InterviewPhoto by CoWomen from Unsplash
These lists of job interview questions and answers are the things you can ask to the interviewer. You will have your chance to get to know more about the company you will working at. It is the opportunity for long term and to find out how good the company is, salary requirements, and the work environments. Let's check 'em out!
- "Are there opportunities for advancement or professional development?"
- "How will I be trained?"
- "What are the most important things you’d like to see someone accomplish in the first 30, 60, and 90 days on the job?"
- "What are the performance expectations of this position over the first 12 months?"
- "What is the performance review process like here? How often would I be formally reviewed?"
- "What metrics or goals will my performance be evaluated against?"
- "What training programs are available to your employees?"
- "Where have successful employees previously in this position progressed to?"
- "Where is the last person who held this job moving on to?"
- "Would I be able to represent the company at industry conferences?"
Good Questions To Ask In A Job Interview
The interviewer usually will give a chance to interviewee to ask anything about the salary range and the position they are interviewed for. In this opportunity, you should be good, great candidate, and selective in questioning what you really want to know about the company. Don't make yourself as the red flag that surely will make you disqualified. Let's check the list below on job interview questions and answers!
- "Can you tell me about the gap in your employment?"
- "Can you tell me about my direct reports? What are their strengths and the team’s biggest challenges?"
- "Do you expect to hire more people in this department in the next six months?"
- "Has your role changed since you’ve been here?"
- "How long have you been with the company?"
- "I’ve read about the company’s founding, but can you tell me more about...?"
- "What are the current goals that the company is focused on, and how does this team work to support hitting those goals?"
- "What can you tell me about your new products or plans for growth?"
- "What did you do before this?"
- "What gets you most excited about the company’s future?"
- "What’s your favorite part about working here?"
- "Where do you see this company in the next few years?"
- "Who will I report to directly?"
- "Who will I work with most closely?"
- "Why did you come to this company?"
Well, those are the 60+ insightful job interview questions and answers for your career development references before interview. Good luck!
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers