Spotify is a digital music streaming service that allows its users to access songs and podcasts from artists everywhere all over the world. This application is similar to Apple Music and Amazon Music Unlimited.
This platform is easy and convenient to use for everyone. Everybody can listen to their favorite songs anytime and anywhere they like. Spotify can be accessed through mobile phones (both android and iOS), tablets, TVs, speakers, cars, and also personal computers.
Spotify is very practical for people who don’t want to waste their phone’s storage for listening to music they haven’t downloaded. With a premium subscription, the user can access every song they want without ads, listen to all the songs in very high-quality, and many other benefits.
With all the features Spotify offers, its users should feel benefited. But, if you apparently don't listen to music so often, having this music application on your phone might be useless. So, you're looking for a way to delete Spotify account.
But, is it possible to delete Spotify account? To find out the answer to your question, keep reading this page to the very end!
1. Can you delete a Spotify account?
Maybe you're wondering if you can delete your Spotify account. The answer is yes, you can delete Spotify account. Just like any other platform, you only need your registered email address and your phone number when you signed up.
Once you delete your account, it will be gone completely. But, if you want to change your mind, you can recover your account and make a new one. One thing to note, you need to wait for up to 4 weeks to make a new account again.
Also, if you're sure to delete Spotify account, you need to remember that all your playlists will be deleted permanently and so does your username.
2. How to Cancel Spotify Premium on Android
If you suddenly think that it's better to cancel your premium subscription instead of deleting your account permanently, then you can choose this tutorial. Follow these steps on how to cancel a Spotify premium account!
Keep in mind that you’re not going to use the Spotify app. Instead, you will have to use a browser on your phone.
- Open the web browser, just any browser. Whether it’s the default web browser, chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Type in https:/accounts.spotify.com on the address bar.
- Log in to your Spotify account. Tap ‘Log in’ after you’ve entered your email address and password. If you signed up through Facebook, tap the blue button labeled ‘Log In with Facebook’.
- Tap ‘Account Settings’ below your profile picture when you log in through Facebook. This will direct you to Spotify webpage.
- Tap ‘Subscription’ in the left sidebar on the Spotify page. This will show you your subscription and payment information.
- Tap ‘Change or Cancel’.
- You’ll be shown a page with ‘Spotify Free’ as the header. Tap ‘Cancel Premium’
- Spotify will show you a confirmation page. If you’re sure that you want to cancel your subscription, tap ‘Yes, Cancel’
Well, maybe you have decided to delete your Spotify account and don't want to look back anymore. Here are some steps to follow to delete Spotify account.
- Open your internet browser and type this address: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/in.
- If you are not signed in, enter your Spotify email address (or username) as well as your password. Then, click LOG IN.
- Click 'Account' option and continue by clicking "I want to close my account".
- If you're sure to delete Spotify account, click CONTACT TO CLOSE on the lower left side of the screen. Make sure to read all the conditions before you click the option.
- Follow the instructions given and wait till an email verification is sent to your account's email address.
- Once you've got the email, click the "Please affirm you need to close your Spotify account email from Spotify".
- Now, just wait until your Spotify is completely deleted by the system.
That’s all about how to delete Spotify account permanently! Remember that you can just change your subscription plan or canceling the premium subscription instead of deleting your account. We hope this tutorial works for you!