What is the Glabella?
Most people express their feelings through their facial emotions. Every emotion can easily be noticed just by a quick move on your facial expression.
Sometimes when you are confused, you will raise your eyebrow to express the confusion. When you raise your eyebrows, you will make some horizontal lines on your forehead. Thus, the wrinkles show up your emotions feeling.
Meanwhile, for Glabellar lines, they are horizontal smooth midlines across your forehead between the eyebrows and above the nose. These lines can intersect with frown lines. It is located near to frontal sinuses and nasion.
If you are curious about this glabellar line, you can keep reading this article until the end.
Glabellar lines vs. Frown lines
Glabellar lines are the lines that appear horizontally above tour eyebrows. Meanwhile, frown lines typically appear vertically between your eyes.
These frown lines appear when you are making emotions like sad faces, laughing, or surprised. This happens because the glabella muscle pulls and tugs the skin that covers the lines.
How to Minimize Glabellar Lines Appearance
There are many methods you can do to minimize the appearance of glabellar lines. From the home remedies as well as medical treatments, you can do to reduce it.
A number of products are available that you can use to soften and smooth the appearance of glabellar lines. Here are some at-home remedies worth considering.
Home Remedies for Glabellar Lines
While you are at home, you can do many things including taking care of your skin health. To reduce the appearance of the glabellar line, you can use several softening and soothing skincare products. Here are the tips you can try at home:
1. Use Moisturizing Skin CaresMoisturizing skin care mostly softens skin appearance including softening the glabellar skin. The moisturizing skincare that is recommended by Dermatologists to reduce the lines is moisturizing night creams and also daily moisturizing creams.
Applying this skincare as a routine can make your skin hyaluronic. With the proper amount of moisture, your skin can maintain the shape better.
2. Use Antioxidant Skin CaresThe antioxidant content in skin care can reduce the damage of oxidative stress as well as free radical in air. The oxidative stress can especially happen when you are overexposed outside with bad air pollution.
The recommended skincare with antioxidant content you can try include green tea extract and vitamin E products. The contents will help your skin to grown and make you look younger.
3. Hyaluronic AcidProduct with hyaluronic acid can fill the gaps in the skin barrier. As a result, your skin will look flawless and smoother. If you use it in overtime periods, this hyaluronic acid will help you to reduce the appearance of the wrinkles on your faces.
4. Use Skincare with PeptidesUse skincare products with peptides will help your skin to look brighter. You can find the peptides content on the cleansers, serum, and lotions. It actually doesn't correct the wrinkles directly. But, as your skin gets brighter, this can affect the whole face complexion to look smoother.
Skincare with peptides can also help to boost the collagen level in your skin. This will help your skin tolerance from being stretched.
You can also prevent glabellar lines by doing some healthy habits, here are the tips:
- Do Diet with a lot of fiber and antioxidants
- Don't smoke cigarettes
- Drink a lot of water to keep hydrate
- Wear sunglasses while outside
- Use sunscreen in daily
- Sleep on your back
Another tips to reduce the glabellar line is by limiting the facial expressions that you make. But, you can skip this if it badly affects your life.
Medical Treatments for Glabellar Lines
If at-home skincare doesn’t smooth your forehead furrows to your satisfaction, talk to a dermatologist about medical treatments. The following options may help make your glabellar lines less noticeable.
1. Botox and other neuromodulatorsBotox is popular to reduce the appearance of aging on the face. Meanwhile, Botox is actually a brand name. It's now being used by a lot of people to refer to several injectable ingredients.
Botox is known to relax the muscles under your skin, but it actually paralyzes the skin. As a result, it can reduce wrinkles' appearance.
It's actually affordable than any other medical procedure to reduce wrinkles' appearance. The aftereffect risk is also minimal than the other.
But, this method just lasts for a couple of months after the procedures. It also results in a stiff appearance on your face that makes it hard to show your expressions.
2. Juvederm and other soft tissue fillersRestylane, Juvederm, and also Sculptra are methods to reduce the appearance of glabellar lines. In the procedures, they will insert some soft tissue as filler to mimic the collagen. This way, your skin will restore the younger look.
It has a low risk of complications and more pricey from botox. However, dermal fillers can have side effects.
3. FaceliftFacelifts are actually one of cosmetic surgery that aims to tighten the skin on your face and your neck. This surgery is of the most expensive procedure than any previous procedure.
Note also that this procedure can cause a higher risk than other procedures. But, if it's done successfully, the effect can be permanent. After the procedure, you will need some time to recover and heal the effect.