Eczema on Lips: Causes, Symptoms, and TreatmentAug 01, 2020 12:58 PM eczema on lips - Photo by silviarita from Flickr
Tripboba.com - Eczema can appear anywhere in your body. It can be inside or outside the skin, or any area in your face. Sometimes eczema also occurs in your lips. Eczema is a skin condition where it causes severe flare-up on your skin.
When people have eczema on their bodies, they may have symptoms like flaky skin, dry, itchy to painful blister. Eczema is uncomfortable for most people. Even more, it can happen at any age like from baby to older people.
Since eczema is disturbing, people usually looking for some home remedies and medical treatment to get rid of it as soon as possible. Keep reading to know more detailed information about eczema on lips, causes, symptoms, as well as the treatment for it.
What Is Eczema On Lips?
Lip eczema is noticed by chapped, dry, peeling lips, or sometimes painful breaks of the lips. This skin condition is usually more serious than another case of chapped lips.
Though eczema on lips is not contagious, people who witness symptoms of eczema on their skin must see the doctor or dermatologist as soon as possible. They will directly be diagnosed and treated to prevent more serious effects.
Symptoms of Eczema On Lips
There are various symptoms of eczema, including:
- dryness or flakiness of the skin
- redness or a rash around the skin
These symptoms mentioned above can be noticed not only on both of your lips but also around the lips, particularly in the inner and outer part of the mouth.
Moreover, when people have eczema on lips, they may also experience pigmentation changes around the lips. Reddish or brown skin will appear in fair-skinned people, while in the darker ski. eczema may turn lighter or darker.
The causes of Eczema On Lips
Talking about the causes of eczema on lips, the actual factors of this skin condition is often unknown. But, it is usually a sign of irritant, allergy, or another history of eczema.
Below are some factors that may cause eczema on lips:
- eating particular foods
- respiratory infection
- contact with animal dander
- having an allergy with heat or cold
- hormone levels alteration
- certain lips products or overuse of lip balm that contain irritating ingredients
- fragrances, soaps, household cleaners, and fabrics
Eczema is an allergic reaction. Doctors usually perform a patch test to diagnose the cause of this skin condition. A range of chemicals will be applied on your skin, usually on the back during the patch test. These chemicals will last for 2 days on your skin. It aims to determine whether you experience any reaction or not.
Treatment and Home Remedies for Eczema On Lips
The most bothering things of eczema are itchy and dryness. But you can treat it with medical treatment or some remedies at home including:
- medicated creams
- lip balms
- antifungal creams
While for remedies at home, you may need:
- Vitamin D
- coconut oil
- sunflower seed oil
- apple cider vinegar
It is important to see the doctor if over the counter medications do not work for your skin condition. Your doctor will prescribe an antihistamine to reduce the serious itching.
Of all the treatments, the best way to prevent eczema on lips is to understand the factors and triggers that can cause eczema. You can minimize the risk of developing eczema by :
- Moisturize your lips frequently using skin creams. You may apply on lips in the morning and before you sleep. Moreover, avoid licking your lips
- Lowering stress level that can lead to an allergic response. To prevent stress you may do some yoga, meditation, or learning breathing techniques. You may also something you like to reduce the level of stresses
- Avoid any foods or certain products that may trigger your allergic reaction. You can make a reading labels habit before consuming food or use skin products. It is also suggested to switch to natural products that contain fewer chemicals
- Washing hands and face regularly to remove any bacteria from your skin
- Avoid being in extreme weather. The sweating can also cause flare-ups. You may also keep yourself out of the over cold and heat weather.
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers