Parboiled Rice: Types, Nutritions, and How to Cook ItJul 04, 2020 03:00 PM Unhusked Rice Grains - Photo by icon0.com from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Rice is a popular carbohydrate source that is famous in Asian countries. There is a variety of rice that people consume including white rice, brown rice, sticky rice, and many more.
The way to enjoy rice varies from one country to another. In Asian and some African countries, people are parboiled their rice for a long time ago to increase the health benefits, texture, and also extend the storage time of the rice.
What is exactly parboiled rice and what are the health benefits that you can get from it? Stay tuned to this article, because Tripboba will show you all about parboiled rice that you need to know.
1. What is Parboiled Rice?
2. Parboiled Rice Nutrition
When you compare 155 grams of parboiled rice and white rice, you will only get 194 calories, meanwhile, white rice contains 205 calories. This indicates that parboiled rice is better than regular white rice when you want to lose some weight.
Parboiled rice also contains 1 gram of fibers compared to regular white rice that has 0.5 grams of fiber. Not only high in fibers, but parboiled rice also has more protein, thiamine, and niacin than the white rice.
It is also rich in Vitamins B from the parboiling process. But, parboiled rice contains lower minerals, such as magnesium and zinc compared to the regular white rice.
If you want to change your daily rice consumption to parboiled rice, here are the benefits that you can get from consuming parboiled rice.
1. Parboiled rice has high nutrients contents from the parboiling process which allow the transfer of plant compounds to the endosperm of the rice kernel. This results in minimal nutrients lost from the refinery process of the rice.
2. Parboiled rice contains prebiotics that is good for your health.
3. Consuming parboiled rice may help you to reduce blood sugar level than any other type of rice.
3. How to Cook Parboiled Rice
Step 1. Firstly, you need to prepare the parboiled rice that you want to cook. Begin with soaking the rice for 30 minutes. These steps will helps you to reduce the cooking time on the stove and also to boost its flavor.
Step 2. On the stove, prepare a non-stick skillet that you have and pour w cups of water and add a pinch of salt. Adding salt to your parboiled rice is optional. If you do not want it you can skip the step.
Step 3. Bring the water to boil over medium-high heat.
Step 4. Add the soaked parboiled rice to the boiling water and give it a quick stir. Please drain the water first if you soak the parboiled rice before you add to the boiling water. Now, close the lit and wait for it to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
Step 5. After 15 to 20 minutes, turn off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes with the lit closed.
Step 6. Now, you need to fluff the rice using a fork and the cooked parboiled rice is ready to serve immediately. Enjoy it with your favorite side dishes!
That's all the information about parboiled rice and the complete steps to cook it. Do you think you will eat parboiled rice as the carbohydrate source?
How do you like your parboiled rice to be a cook? Do not forget to practice the steps on how to cook parboiled rice to try at home! Be healthy, dear readers!
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers