Paper football is a classic popular American game. This is also referred to as flip football or finger football. While you're on this page, have you ever made a paper football before? Or are you looking for the steps on how to make a paper football?
If you don’t know yet, you are now on the right page since Tripboba is going to give you a simple guide on how to make a paper football. Are you excited to make it? Here's how to make a paper football!
How to Make a Football Out of Paper
- One sheet of 8.5 inches by 11-inch sheet of paper
- Thin wood craft sticks
- 2.5-inch styrofoam ball
- A kitchen knife
- Hot glue gun
1. The first step on how to make a paper football is to fold and cut an 8.5 by 11-inch sheet of paper in half.
2. Now you will have a paper triangle about 4.25 "tall and 11" long. In this task you do not use the other half of the book, so you may use it to develop second paper soccer or a whole project.
3. Fold the paper rectangle lengthwise. To sharply flatten the plunge, use the bone folder.
4. Drag the upper right corner down from the right end of a half sheet of paper such that the correct top is now matched with the lower bottom. Move your bone folder down to press each continuous fold.
5. Fold to the left and grip the lower right lip.
6. Grab the bottom right and fold upwards to align the point with the top edge.
7. Fasten up the top right and fold it to the end of the line.
8. Fasten up the top right and flip to the bottom to the left.
9. Grasp the bottom right then fold so that the bottom edge is centered.
10. Grasp the bottom right point and fold so that it is aligned with the top edge.
11. Fold the remaining paper diagonally to the right and align the corner with the middle fold from the bottom left corner.
12. The last step on how to make a paper football is to place your middle pocket on the left side of the triangle. You have to fold over the left bottom to move to the middle pocket quickly. This can even help squeeze the inside pocket open and allow you to have enough space and move the left side of the triangle towards the paper football.
How to Make a Paper Football Helmet
Supplies and materials:
1. The first step on how to make a paper football helmet is to place five cups of hot water in a saucepan. Then, stir with the whisk in one cup of flour and three teaspoons of salt. Steam the mixture over low pressure, continuously stirring until all the lumps disappear. Allow the mixture simmer for about three minutes, or before it becomes thick.
2. Cool the mixture of glue when preparing the paper. Cut or tear the newspaper into small long strips.
3. Blow up the balloon to the size required. Position the balloon in a mixing pot, the pointy end is down so it is protected.
4. Move it into a wide bowl when the glue is cool. Dip each newspaper strip in the glue mixture separately so that each will saturate fully.
5. The next step on how to make a paper football helmet is to place the strip on the balloon carefully. Dip strips and drape them on the form.
6. Once you have completely covered the surface, allow the helmet to dry.
7. Apply another coat of newspaper stripes after the first layer is dry. Allow the sheet to dry and add a third layer.
8. Pop the balloon when the final coating is fully dry, then remove the parts of the balloon from the helmet. Use strong scissors to cut the helmet's face opening and the edges. Then, add a new layer of newspaper strips to smooth those cut areas.
9. Finally, the last step on how to make a paper football helmet is to paint the helmet with the colors of your squad.