Tripboba.com - In Roman Catholic beliefs, the Rosary is one of the most beautiful, powerful, and holy prayers. The Rosary is a devotion to God through devotion to the Virgin Mary.
The Rosary is evangelical, Christ-centered, and the twenty Events in it reflect the life of Jesus Christ. If you’re not familiar with how to pray the Rosary, you can start to learn the way with Tripboba.
Let's get started!
How to Pray the Rosary Step by Step
In this article, Tripboba will share a complete step by step guide on how to pray the rosary. We know that the Rosary gives hope when life is hard. Keep reading for instructions on how to pray the Rosary. Let’s check it out!
Step 1. Begin by touching the Cross and making the Sign of the Cross. To make the Sign of the Cross, touch the forehead with your right hand, then touch the chest, left shoulder, then right shoulder. It doesn't matter if you don't have a rosary necklace. You can follow it silently. When making the Sign of the Cross, say:
- English: In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
- Latin: In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.
Touch your forehead when you say “Father,” touch your breastbone when you say “Son,” touch your left shoulder when you say “Holy Spirit,” and touch your right shoulder when you say “Amen.”
Step 2. Pray for the Apostles' Creed. If you are praying with a rosary necklace, keep holding the necklace by the cross. With your head bowed and in a contemplative manner, say:
- English: I believe in God, the Almighty Father, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son our Lord, who was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; who suffered under Pontius Pilate was crucified, died, and was buried; who came down to the waiting place on the third day rose from the dead; who ascends to heaven, sits at the right hand of Almighty God the Father; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the fellowship of the saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, eternal life. Amen.
- Latin: Credo in Deum Patrem omnipotentem, Creatorem caeli et terrae. Et in Iesum Christum, Filium eius unicum, Dominum nostrum, qui conceptus est de Spiritu Sancto, natus ex Maria Virgine, passus sub Pontio Pilato, crucifixus, mortuus, et sepultus, descendit ad inferos, tertia die resurrexit a mortuis, ascendit ad caelos, sedet ad dexteram Dei Patris omnipotentis, inde venturus est iudicare vivos et mortuos. Credo in Spiritum Sanctum, sanctam Ecclesiam catholicam, sanctorum communionem, remissionem peccatorum, carnis resurrectionem, vitam aeternam. Amen.
Step 3. On the first large rosary bead, say the Lord's Prayer.
- English: Our Father who is in Heaven, be glorified by Your name, come: Your kingdom, Your will will be done on earth, as it is in heaven, give us sustenance for this day. And forgive our iniquities, just as we also forgive those who offend us, and do not subject us to temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
- Latin: Pater noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adventist regnum tuum. Old Fiat voluntas, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.
Step 4. On each bead for the next three beads, say the Hail Mary. These three prayers must be said with the intention of increasing faith, hope, and love.
- English: Hail Mary, full of grace, God be with you. Praise be to you among women, and to praise the fruit of your body, Jesus. Saint Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and when we die. Amen.
- Latin: Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Jesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.
Step 5. At the next large bead, say a prayer of Glory. Technically, this prayer is said at the distance between the previous three beads and the large bead; the large bead signifies the Lord's prayer.
- English: Glory to the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, as in the beginning, now, always and throughout all times. Amen.
- Latin: Gloria Patri et Filio et Spiritui Sancto. Sicut closely in principio, et nunc et semper et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.
Those are the opening of how to pray the Rosary that you can try. Praying is not only about uttering the words, yet it involves your heart and mind to connect with God. The next steps can be followed on the other pages!