How to Backup iPhone to Mac: 5 Easy Methods to Backup Your DataFeb 22, 2021 11:38 PM How to Backup iPhone to Mac - Photo by Firmbee from Pixabay
Tripboba.com - When your storage seems full, you will probably need to move your data to Mac. If you wonder how to backup iPhone to Mac, you have come to the right place. Keep scrolling.
How to Backup iPhone on Mac
You are able to follow the fast steps below to learn about how to backup iPhone to Mac. Here's how:
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac
2. Open Finder.
3. On the left side, choose your iPhone under "Location". (Note: If this is your first-time connecting iPhone to your computer, choose "Trust")
4. On the button bar, select "General".
5. Under "Backup", choose "Back up your most important data on iPhone to iCloud"
6. Choose “Back Up Now”.
This will immediately start backing up your iPhone to iCloud, just like you do on iPhone without plugging it in.
How to Backup iPhone Photos to MacHow to Backup iPhone to Mac - Photo by Jan Vašek from Pixabay
Now, we are going to learn how to backup iPhone to Mac in case you want to move photos to Mac from your iPhone.
1. Connect your iPhone to the Mac computer using a USB cable. Then, unlock your iPhone.
2. Open the Photos app on your Mac.
3. You can discover it by searching for Spotlight, in your Dock. Besides, you can do it by opening the Applications folder and selecting the Photos app.
4. Your iPhone needs to already be chosen in the browser on the left of the Photos page. If not, choose your iPhone.
5. Choose the photos you want to import by clicking on them.
6. Click the Import button.
7. There it is; Finder makes this process easier!
How to View iPhone Backup Files on Mac
After you know how to backup iPhone to Mac, you probably wonder how to view the files on Mac. Technically, you can just access iPhone backup files on Mac. You cannot just view iPhone backup files on Mac because it doesn't support live reading.
Here, Tripboba lists the steps for
browsing backup files on Mac.
Step 1: Connect the iPhone to the Mac
Open Finder > Go to Locations > Tap on the device.
Step 2: Manage Backups
Now you are able to tap Manage Backups on the right and a window will appear containing the backups you created on your Mac. Click on the backup and 3 choices will appear - Delete, Archive, Show in Finder.
Step 3: Show in Finder
After you pick to show backups in Finder, you'll see a backup folder on your Mac.
How to Backup iPhone on External Hard Drive MacHow to Backup iPhone to Mac - Photo by StartupStockPhotos from Pixabay
After knowing how to backup iPhone to Mac, you probably need to know how to backup iPhone on external drive Mac using AnyTrans.
1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to Mac and open AnyTrans.
2. Click on Backup Manager and see the list of files that can be backed up.
3. Check the box next to specific file categories or select all.
4. Choose your external drive as the target storage location and click the Next button to start backing up.
There it is. Everything you have backed up will now appear on your external drive.
How to Backup Contacts from iPhone to Mac
of the workable methods of how to backup iPhone to Mac if you want to
move contacts from iPhone to Mac is using Gmail. To do so, you need to
sync iPhone contacts to Gmail. After that, export contacts from Google
Contacts to your Mac.
Even though this method isn't straightforward,
it works to help you sync contacts from iPhone to Mac. Follow these steps of how to backup iPhone to Mac to do so.
1. Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down to choose "Passwords & Accounts".
3. Click "Add Account" and tap "Google".
4. Enter the required information to add your Gmail account and click "Next".
5. After your account is verified successfully, click "Save".
6. Turn on "Contacts" to sync your iPhone contacts to Gmail, then select "Save" again.
7. Open Google Contacts. Then, sign in with the account you use on your iPhone.
8. Choose the contacts you wish to import to your Mac and select "Export".
9. In the new window, tick "Selected contacts". Then, set it to export contacts according to the format you want. After that, click "Export" to export your iPhone contacts to Mac.
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers