How to Change Snapchat Username: An Easy GuideApr 21, 2020 12:00 PM Flickr - Photo by Stock Catalog
Tripboba.com - Snapchat is one of the most famous social media used by people around the world. While other social media opting for a permanent post that lasts until the account owner deletes it, Snapchat offers a fresh idea: posts that only last for 24 hours.
It was then become a trend quickly especially among younger generations. Not only it offers temporary uploads (like stories on Facebook and Instagram), Snapchat also was the pioneer in bringing augmented reality to its users using filters and interactive lenses.
Do you remember the famous dog filter that everyone used? Yes, Snapchat was the one that coined it before it was cool. Not only filters and lenses, Snapchat also offers a messaging facility that will self-destruct in 10 seconds.
As of June 2019, Snapchat has over 210 million active daily users. That’s an 8 percent yearly increase from 2018. Most of the users are younger generations aged 15 to 25 or Gen Z with over 210 million snaps created every day. That’s a lot of snaps!
That also explains the 53.5 million Snapchat application download which makes it in the top 10 most popular apps worldwide. With a lot of users, there comes a lot of technical questions as well. One of the most frequent questions asked is how to change Snapchat username.
We have 2 news: good and bad. We will start with the bad news first in 6 words. You can’t change your Snapchat username. Until now (April 2020), Snapchat still doesn’t allow its users to change username due to security reasons.
Now, don’t go just yet. We haven’t told you the good news. Yes, you can’t change that impulsive username you came up with and regret. “But my username is too silly! It wasn’t me when I made this account”. We know that, and that is still not enough to change the rule.
You can look up the whole internet on how to change Snapchat username and you’ll still find no tutorial, nada. Instead of wasting your time searching about how to change Snapchat username, we should tell you that your username doesn’t matter that much – actually.
Well, it matters, but as long as you have your display name set, the display name will be the one shown to your friends, not your username unless they go directly to your profile.
“Well, can I change my display name, then?”
Yes, you can change your display name. Here’s how to change Snapchat username:
1. Go to your profile by tapping on your bitmoji in the top left corner.
2. Tap the gear icon in the top right corner.
3. You will see the ‘Name’ field. Tap on it.
4. Add in your first and last name (if you want).
5. Click ‘Save’. Your friends will see your display name instead of your username in most places.
“But I still want to know how to change Snapchat username”.
If you really want to know how to change Snapchat username, we should opt for the last resort: make a new account. Yes, it’s not possible to change the username of an existing account.
So, if you want to have a new username, make a new Snapchat account instead. Here’s how to make a new Snapchat account.
1. Open Snapchat app, and then go to your profile by clicking the bitmoji in the top left corner.
2. Open settings by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner.
3. Scroll all the way down and then you’ll find ‘Log Out’ on the very last section.
4. After you logged out, click the blue ‘Sign Up’ button. You will get guidance through the account set up when you’re creating the new account. Now is the time to make an account with your dream username.
5. Find your friends by clicking on the search bar and type their usernames in, add them. If most of your Snapchat friends are in your phone contacts, you can just sync Contact to Snapchat to save time.
6. Enjoy your new Snapchat username!
That’s all about how to change Snapchat username. Consider thoroughly which path you should pick and whether re-adding your friends is worth your new username. We honestly believe that everyone should be happy and content when playing their social media, so do you!
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers