How to Clear Cache on Windows 10: 3 Easy Methods to Free Storage Spaces on Your PC/Laptop!May 05, 2021 11:08 PM Photo by cnn.com
Tripboba.com - Cache is actually needed by the computer to speed up applications when they run for the first time, especially on Windows 10. However, for laptops with limited hard disk capacity, too much cache is also a burden. Then, you need to know how to clear cache on Windows 10.
Thus, there is no other solution besides deleting the cache which is deemed useless. Windows 10 has several different caches, depending on the applications and tools. In this article, Tripboba will try to give several ways how to clear cache on Windows 10.
How to Clear Update Cache on Windows 10: Windows 10 Update cache
By default, Windows will save any previously downloaded update files. The goal is that users can reinstall these updates at any time. However, if it lasts a long time these files will actually burden the hard disk. Let’s take a look at how to clear cache on Windows 10 Update below!
- Step 1. To clear this type of cache, first turn off Windows 10 update with a command prompt.
- Step 2. Right-click on the Start Menu button, then click Command Prompt (admin). Then type the command: net stop wuauserv and hit enter.
- Step 3. After that copy this directory: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and paste it into the Cortona column.
- Step 4. Press Enter and an explorer window will appear containing files like this.
- Step 5. Delete all these files and reactivate Windows 10 Update via the command prompt with the command: net start wuauserv
- Step 6. Click Enter. You're done!
How to Clear App Cache on Windows 10: Using Disk Cleanup ToolPhoto by microsoft.com
The other method of how to clear cache on Windows 10 is by using Disk Cleanup Tool. This tool is available on any Windows versions. It allows you to clean up any cache and unnecessary files and junk files on your OS. You can delete junk files such as cache using the disk cleanup tool that has become a built-in feature since the first generation of Windows.
- Step 1. Type Disk Cleanup in the Cortana box and press enter if a result like this appears.
- Step 2. Select the disk you want to scan and click OK.
- Step 3. Finally, just check the Temporary Files and Thumbnails options. The size of cache, junk files, and unnecessary files depend on the length of your laptop usage. It may larger if you never perform clean up before.
You can also find cache files at the Windows Store stalls. To accommodate this need, Microsoft has prepared a tool called WSReset.exe.
- Step 1. Same as before, type WSReset.exe in the Cortana box and hit enter.
- Step 2. When it is run, WSReset.exe will run automatically and often only displays a blank window and then closes a few seconds later. When finished, the Windows Store will usually run as a sign that the cache has been cleared successfully.
Another place that you can also cleaning up is the by deleting File Explorer history. You can follow the steps below!
- Step 1. Access the "File Explorer" menu in the menu bar located at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 2. Then click the "View" tab at the top of the screen and select the "Options" tab.
- Step 3. In the "General" option, scroll down to the "Privacy" tab and click "Clear."
How to Clear Cache On Windows 10 Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge
One of the applications that holds a lot of cache is browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla, and also Microsoft Edge. You can follow the easy step of how to clear cache on Windows 10 browsers Google Chrome browser:
- Step 1. Click the three dots icon (...)located on the top right side of the screen.
- Step 2. On the next page, scroll down until the "History" option appears.
- Step 3. Click "Clear browsing data" and select "Clear data."
Meanwhile for Mozilla Firefox browser users:
- Step 1. Select the three vertical stripes icon and select "Options."
- Step 2. After that scroll down and look for the option "Privacy and Security."
- Step 3. To delete cached files, click "Clear history" and click "Clear now."
Meanwhile, Microsoft Edge browser users:
- Step 1. Select the three dots icon and select the option "Settings."
- Step 2. On the "Clear browsing data" tab, select "Choose what to clear" and click "Clear."
- 40+ Funny Mothers Day Messages to Celebrate The Day With Laughter
- 50+ Powerful Good Luck Messages to Encourage and Motivate Your Beloved!
- 60 Heartfelt Happy Birthday Papa Wishes and Messages
- 80+ Hilarious Chuck Norris Jokes That You Can Never Get Enough Of!
- 130+ Funny This or That Questions for Kids, Teens, and Adults