How to Cook a Bone-in Ribeye Roast
Bone-in ribeye roast is also a delicious meal to serve in the holiday season. It is usually served with a tempting red wine pan sauce! Here is the recipe on how to cook a ribeye roast:
- 8-pound bone-in standing rib roast
- 2 pounds of baby potatoes
- 1/2 cup of red wine cabernet sauvignon
- 2 ounces of unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- rosemary leaves from 2 sprigs
- 6 garlic cloves + 2 finely minced
- 1/2 peeled shallot, 1/2 finely minced
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
Step 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
Step 2. Prepare food processor and pure thyme, rosemary, 6 garlic cloves, 1/2 peeled shallot, and olive oil until it becomes like a paste.
Step 3. Add 3/4 garlic and paste to ribeye toast. Spread evenly. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step 4. Now bake the toast approximately for 25 minutes. After that turn down the heat to 325 degrees F and cook again for an hour.
Step 5. If you want to add potatoes, first mixture garlic, pasta, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Step 6. Then, coat the potato with the mixture. Add potatoes to the pan in the last 25 minutes of cooking ribeye roast.
Step 7. When ribeye roast and potatoes are perfectly cooked, remove them from the pan. Allow for rest.
Step 8. Add 2 finely minced cloves of garlic and shallot then sautee for 2 minutes. Then, add the wine and cook again for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.