How to Cook Eggplant: 3 Easy But Delicious Recipes You Must Try!Aug 15, 2020 08:00 PM Photo by deb from Flickr
Tripboba.com - Eggplant is low in calories and a great source of vitamins and minerals. It makes a delicious base for a wide array of vegetarian meals.
But, you may hate the fact that eggplant often soaks up the oil as it cooks, especially for fried eggplant. Many people avoid cooking slices because of this, and that’s perhaps why we all love roasted eggplant instead.
Then, what if we crave the taste of fried eggplant? Well, you can fry eggplant in oil without it turning soggy or greasy!
You can also cook eggplant in many ways! Keep reading this article to learn the recipes on how to cook eggplant and make it into delicious dishes!
How to Cook Eggplant in Microwave
Roasting your eggplant in a microwave is a good way to start conquering the cooking challenge given by this bitter natural sponge that soaks almost anything it comes in contact with.
Before we get down to the steps, you need to prepare 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/2 pounds), 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon smoked paprika.
Then follow the given instructions below to learn how to cook eggplant and roast it into crispy steaks!
1. First, slice the stem end off of the eggplant, then slice the eggplant lengthwise into 1-inch-thick "steaks."
2. Lay the eggplant out on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Sprinkle each side of the steaks with the salt and let the eggplant sit for 30 minutes. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F.
3. Rinse the eggplant under cool water and then dry thoroughly. You can rinse the eggplant steaks while still on the cooling rack — just flip once to get each side. Pat dry with paper towels.
4. Next, transfer the eggplant to a baking sheet and spread out into a single layer. Combine the oil, tamari or soy sauce, and paprika in a small bowl, then brush onto both sides and edges of the steaks.
5. Now, start to roast your eggplant for 20 minutes. Flip and roast until golden-brown and tender, 10 to 20 minutes more. Serve immediately.
How to Cook Eggplant Slices without Getting Soggy
Now, let’s learn another basic on how to cook eggplant with less oil by frying it! You can still have a soggy-free eggplant even if you fry it.
Simply prepare 1 pound of eggplant (about 1 medium), salt and pepper, 2 large egg whites, and oil with a high smoke point for frying (grapeseed, avocado, and peanut oil work well).
Then, follow the recipe below on how to cook eggplant:
1. Slice the eggplant into 1/2 inch rounds.
2. Place the rounds in a colander and sprinkle them with salt (sea salt, kosher salt, any kind of salt will work).
3. Let the slices sit for 20-30 minutes until beads of liquid form on the surface. This process helps to remove any bitterness that may be present in the eggplant.
4. Rinse the eggplant pieces thoroughly to remove the salt. Pat dry and spread out on a cutting board. Sprinkle the eggplant slices lightly with salt and black pepper (optional, but recommended).
5. Whisk the two egg whites in a small bowl for about 60 seconds. Brush the seasoned eggplant slices with a thin layer of egg white both sides.
6. Heat 1/4 inch of grapeseed oil in a nonstick skillet over medium until hot enough for frying. The ideal temperature for frying eggplant is about 365-375 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Place 3 slices gently into the hot oil. Let the slices fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
8. Remove slices from the hot oil and drain on a drying rack or paper towel.
How to Cook Ratatouille’s Pot Chicken
Wanna eat Ratatouille’s pot chicken? Look no more!
This comforting fall dish is the easy version of a classic French dish. Zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes cooked in one pot with seasoned chicken for a healthy, flavorful, and comforting fall dish.
There are a lot of ingredients you need to prepare, but the steps on how to cook eggplant are fairly easy!
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 eggplant cut into 1" pieces
- 2 medium zucchini cut into half-moons
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Start by heating up oil in a large saucepan. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and cook for 2 more minutes. This way your chicken will be flavorful. Remove onto a plate and set aside.
3. Heat up more oil in a pan, add garlic and onion and saute until the onion is almost translucent.
4. Add zucchini, eggplant, and chopped tomatoes. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook until tender.
5. Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and cooked chicken, stir well and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- 45+ Fresh Start Quotes: Start Your New Beginning in Life With Positive Vibes!
- 50 Best Have You Ever Questions to Play With Friends, Co-workers, or More
- 40+ Funny Mothers Day Messages to Celebrate The Day With Laughter
- 50+ Powerful Good Luck Messages to Encourage and Motivate Your Beloved!
- 60 Heartfelt Happy Birthday Papa Wishes and Messages