How to Cook Jasmine Rice: Check Out These 3 Easy WaysApr 29, 2020 12:00 PM Rice - Photo by ImageParty from Pixabay
Tripboba.com - Rice is one of the carbohydrates sources eaten by most people in this world. It has many different varieties such as white rice, brown rice, basmati rice, jasmine rice, and many more. We are not going to talk about all the rice types in this article, we are going to focus on jasmine rice only.
What is Jasmine Rice? Jasmine Rice is the type of rice that has a long-gain and soft smell like popcorn when it is cooked. It is mainly grown in Southeast Asia, particularly in Thailand. Jasmine Rice could be white, red, brown, purple, and black. A cup of jasmine rice contains calories, protein, fat, carbs, fiber, iron, Vitamin B, and also Vitamin B3. It has a nice and sticky texture when it is cooked.
Have you ever wonder how to cook jasmine rice? Then you are in the right place. Tripboba has the steps on how to cook jasmine rice using a rice cooker, instant pot, and also cooking it on the stove. If you are curious about how to cook jasmine rice, keep sticking to the end.
There are 3 different ways on how to cook jasmine rice. You can cook it in a rice cooker, from an instant pot, or cook it on the stove. It might be a little tricky to cook perfectly done rice. So, keep reading this article to find out the best way on how to cook jasmine rice perfectly.
1. How to Cook Jasmine Rice in a Rice Cooker
The first method on how to cook jasmine rice is using a rice cooker. This is probably the easiest way to cook jasmine rice. All you need is only rice and the rice cooker itself. To be able to cook jasmine rice in a rice cooker, here are the steps you need to do:
1. Soak the jasmine rice with water that covers them all for minutes.
2. Wash to uncooked rice for several times in the running tap water. Repeat the rinsing process until the jasmine rice is clean. You need to rinse 2-3 times until you get uncloudy water.
3. Put the jasmine rice that is already washed into the rice cooker pot and add in 1 cup of clean water. You can use a 1:1 ratio to cook jasmine rice nicely.
4. Add a pinch of salt to the rice and quickly stir it.
5. Start cooking the rice on the rice cooker and let it cook for an hour.
6. When the rice cooker indicators show that the rice is done, let it rest for 10 minutes before you mix them to fluff the rice.
7. The cooked jasmine rice is ready to serve.
2. How to Cook Jasmine Rice in Instant Pot
The second method on how to cook jasmine rice is using the instant pot. If you have an instant pot at home, you can follow these steps below.
1. First, wash the rice thoroughly and then drain it.
2. Then, add the water to the pot. You can add 1 to 2 cups of water. Do not forget to add 1 cup of water to the main steel of the instant pot.
3. You need to place the trivet in the main insert.
4. Then put the pot with the rice on the trivet.
5. Close the lit. Make sure that the vent is in the sealing position.
6. Press the pressure cook button and set your timer for 8 minutes. It will cook in the high pressure.
7. When it is done, release the pressure and wait for 10 minutes until it is done. Release the remaining pressure if there is still any, then uncover the lit.
8. Lastly, fluff the rice and the nice jasmine rice is ready to enjoy.
3. How to Cook Jasmine Rice on The Stove
The last method is the most preservative method of cooking jasmine rice is cooking it on the stove. This method is probably the hardest to do. If you do not keep an eye on the cooking process, your jasmine rice might be burned. You can follow the steps to cook jasmine rice on the stove as follows.
1. Rinse the jasmine rice until the water gets clearer for about 2 to 3 times.
2. Place the washed jasmine rice into a stainless steel saucepan and add one and quarter cup amount of water.
3. Cover the saucepan and bring it to boil for a few minutes.
4. Once it boils, reduce the heat to low and let the rice simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. Then turn off the heat and leave it covered for another 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Open the lit and fluff the rice. Now, your jasmine rice is ready to serve.
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers