How to Do Split Screen on Mac: Make Your Apps Side by Side!May 20, 2020 09:14 PM Pexels - Photo by Photo by Lee Campbell from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Sometimes when we’re working on our laptop or computer, we need to see multiple windows at once. For example, you need to read from an internet browser and then transfer it to a document, or a spreadsheet. Or, you just want to do your assignment while watching your favorite music videos on Youtube (yes, we do that here as well).
If you are using Mac, you can manually set the windows so they will be side by side by adjusting the window’s borders. But, this method has a limitation. You might still end up with multiple windows floating around. You want to focus on certain windows at once, but they’re covering each other.
In this situation, split screen is very useful. The split view will make 2 windows neatly fit your entire screen and you won’t be distracted by other windows. This way, you will be able to focus on your work and get it done.
In this article, Tripboba will tell you about how to do split screen on Mac with step by step tutorial. Scroll down to find out how!
1. How to do split screen on Mac: macOS Catalina
To do split screen or get a split view mode on Mac, your OS has to be OS X El Capitan or later and the steps are slightly different, depends on which macOS that you are using.
Here’s how to do split screen on Mac with macOS Catalina
Step 1. Navigate your pointer to the green button in your window, it’s located on the upper-left side of the window. Click and hold the button.
Step 2. Choose “Tile Window to Left of Screen” or “Tile Window to Right of Screen” from the options, depending on your preference. The window will fill that side of the screen neatly.
Step 3. Click another window you want to see on the split screen mode. You’ll be able to use both windows side by side by now.
2. How to do split screen on Mac: other macOS versions
If your Mac is using another operating system, here’s how split the screen
Step 1. Navigate your pointer to the green button in your window which located on the upper-left side. Click it and hold.
Step 2. The window will shrink as you hold the button. You can drag it to the left or right side of the screen.
Step 3. Release the button and then click a window on the other side of the screen to begin using both windows side by side.
If the steps above don’t work, here’s what you need to do:
Step 1. Choose Apple menu
Step 2. Click System Preferences, and then click Mission Control
Step 3. Make sure the “Displays have separate Spaces” is selected.
3. How to do split screen on Mac: what you can do while in split view
While working in split view mode, here are the things you can do to make sure you can work smoothly:
- Activate a window to work by clicking anywhere in the window area.
- Move the pointer to the top of the screen to show the menu bar.
- Drag a window to the other side to swap window positions.
- Drag the vertical line between windows to adjust the window’s width.
- Switch to other applications or to your desktop using Mission Control, or you can also use a Multi-Touch gesture such as swiping left or right with four fingers on your trackpad.
4. How to do split screen on Mac: exit split screen mode
If you’re done with your work and wish to exit the split screen mode, here’s what you need to do:
Step 1. Reveal the menu bar by moving the pointer to the top of the screen.
Step 2. Click the green full screen button in either window. That window will exit split view.
Step 3. As the other window exits split view, the other window will become full screen. You can switch to the full screen window with Mission Control, or using a Multi-Touch gesture such as swiping left of right with four fingers on your trackpad.
That’s all about how to do split screen on Mac! Hopefully, this tutorial works for you and you’ll be able to set your windows to split screen mode.
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers