Tripboba.com - We all know that slime has become a trend among kids. Your children may have easy access to this phenomenal toy since it’s sold everywhere. You probably have ever made one for your kids at home because it's an exciting DIY project for kids.
While slime can be a fun thing to play with, the issue we often face as parents is that this substance is just too messy. Things will get really troublesome if it sticks on your children’s– heck, even your own hair. Don’t worry, though! In this article, you’ll learn how to get slime out of hair, all hassle-free!
How to get slime out of hair fast using hair conditioner
If slime ever gets on your little ones’ hair, here’s how to get slime out of hair fast just by using hair conditioner.
1. Take a warm shower and apply conditioner to the hair conditioner.
2. If the slime is near the ends and doesn’t mess with the scalp so much, you can also just dip the hair in warm water.
3. Massage the conditioner in with your fingers, going the same direction as the hair growth. Use your fingers to break up the slime as much as possible.
4. Oil helps break down the slime, and since conditioner is oil-based it can be used to break down the slime so you can pull it out of the hair. But, if using your fingers alone doesn’t do much, then use a comb instead. Let the water run over the area and run a comb through it gently, as you don't want to yank your son’s hair out in the process.
5. Rinse out the conditioner. Once the slime is mostly gone, run more warm water over the hair. Use your fingers to rinse the conditioner out of the hair.
6. Apply shampoo to the area with your fingers, going the same direction as hair growth. This helps remove the last of the slime from the hair.
How to get slime out of hair with oil-based products
If you want to get rid of the slime which has stuck on hair for too long to the point it’s dried already, don’t rush to cut it! Instead, learn how to get slime out of hair by applying a good amount of oil-based products like baby oil, coconut oil, or olive oil. Simply follow the steps below:
1. Rub a dollop of oil into the hair as you would do with shampoo.
2. Massage it into the area with the slime. Use your fingers to work the oil fully into the hair, moving in the same direction as the hair growth.
3. Comb the hair out gently with a fine-tooth comb to help you break down the slime.
4. Once the slime is mostly gone, wash the hair with shampoo and conditioner in warm water.
How to get slime out of hair with diluted vinegar
Do you know that vinegar can do the job getting rid of that persistent, sticky slime on your kids’ hair? Simply follow these steps to learn how to get slime out of the hair using diluted vinegar:
1. Before you pour the vinegar all over the hair, have your kids put some goggles to protect their eyes. This is because vinegar can sting quite a bit. Make sure not to put the strap over the area where the slime is.
2. Next, rub a mixture of 2/3 vinegar and 1/3 warm water into the hair. If the slime is near the ends, you can simply dip the hair into the mixture. But if the slime has messed with the scalp or has just stuck messily all over the hair, then you have to pour the mixture on the hair.
3. Massage in the diluted vinegar with your fingers to loosen the slime.
4. Use conditioner to rinse out the remaining slime. After applying some good amount of hair conditioner, run a comb to the hair to gently break up the remaining slime.
5. Lastly, wash the hair like you normally would.
How to get slime out of your pet hair
If none of your son or daughter has got slime stuck on their hair and instead your pets do, then you have to be sure to handle it with care. You can hold ice cubes on it because this will freeze the slime. Then you can crack the frozen slime off. If this doesn't help, you may have to cut the slime out or take your cat or dog to a professional groomer.