How to Make a Bow Out of Ribbon for Your Perfect Christmas DecorationFeb 01, 2021 10:30 PM How to Make a Bow Out of Ribbon - Photo by Negative Space from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Tying our own shoelaces is easy since it has become a part of our essential routines, but when it comes to making a beautiful bow for a decoration or a gift topper, it might come across as an intimidating thing to do.
Fret no more, though! Whatever kind of bows you want to make, you can actually make them by yourself! No need to buy pricey (sometimes tacky) pull bows at the store when you can choose your own favorite ribbons and make some cute DIYs out of them to decorate a gift for a friend! It’s even a good idea to decorate your own wedding day décor with some self-made big bows!
Wondering how to make a bow out of ribbon? You’ve come to the right place! Tripboba has got you covered with some tutorials on how to make a bow out of ribbon, so keep reading and craft a beautiful bow—all by yourself!
How to make a bow out of wired ribbon
We love the festivity of Christmas, and making our own Christmas décor, like a wreath, is undoubtedly such a fun thing to do. When it comes to how to make a bow out of ribbon for a wreath, the wired ribbon is a perfect choice as it helps the design maintains its shape and beauty.
Here’s how to make a bow out of ribbon as a touch for your wreath:
- Prepare some wire edged ribbon and a pipe cleaner or two.
- Make a loop as the center for your bow.
- From that center loop, create a bigger loop on each side. Going back and forth while holding the center together. You can make 4 loops or more—whatever you like!
- Finish off the bow create one large loop that goes down and will loop back up to the bow.
- Gather the middle of the bow together, insert the pipe cleaner into the center loop, then pull it back. Tighten the center of the bow and twist the pipe cleaner together.
- Trim off the end of the ribbon and fluff the bow. Since you’ve learned how to make a bow out of ribbon, now it’s time to attach the bow to your wreath!
You can also follow this tutorial to know how to make a gift bow out of ribbon and décor a package for your beloved ones!
How to make a big bow out of ribbon
If you ever made a bow with soft, non-wired ribbon, you know that the loops simply hang and don’t look very festive. This is absolutely a big no no for your Christmas decoration.
So, if you’re wondering how to make a big bow out of ribbon without wire which still results in a beautiful, fluffy piece of bow—we’ve got your back! In this tutorial, we’re going to show you how to make a gift bow out of ribbon without any wire needed! Simply follow these tips and tricks below:
- Prepare white glue or fabric stiffener, paint brush, water, and plastic grocery bags along with the ribbon you’re going to craft.
- Make a bow.
- Mix a tablespoon of water into 6 tablespoons of white glue, then brush it onto the inside of the bow’s loops evenly.
- Stuff the loops with bunched up plastic produce bags. When the glue is dry, simply remove the bags.
You’ve learned how to make a bow out of ribbon without any wire needed! Now the bow is no longer limp!
How to make a hair bow out of ribbon
Making a hair bow is even a lot easier, especially if you’re using ribbon as the side edges are already finished. No sewing skill required—some folds and nips and knots and gluing are all that you’ll need.
Your kids will love to have some cute bows attached to their hairpins, so without further ado, follow this tutorial on how to make a bow out of ribbon to polish your hair accessories!
- For simple barrettes, take a 3-inches long, ¾-inch wide ribbon, and another 1/4- or 1/8-inch wide ribbon which is 1 inch long.
- Fold the short edges to the middle overlapping slightly about 1/4 inch. Tie around the middle with thread first and then tie over it with the small piece of ribbon.
- Attach the bow to a hairpin with some glue.
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers