How to Make an Envelope out of Paper: 4 Easy Peasy Step-by-Step DIY Tutorials!Mar 03, 2021 11:30 PM How to Make An Envelope - Photo by Castorly Stock from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Is learning how to make an envelope out of paper necessary? Yes, it is! Making your very own DIY envelopes can add a personal touch to any card or letter. Who will not love to receive them? You can easily make an envelope at home using a few basic supplies of paper and glue.
You can learn how to make an envelope out of paper using home supplies. Notebook paper, scrapbook paper, and other interesting printing papers will also do. As long as the size is large enough and strong, any size paper can be used for envelope making. Regarding the method of making envelopes using various materials, Tripboba has provided 4 different methods. Try it now!
How to Make an Envelope Out of 85x11 Paper
Here is how to make an envelope out of paper, with 85x11 paper:
- Step 1. Prepare tools like a cutter, pen, and scale. Cut and remove half an inch of paper from the long edge of the letter.
- Step 2. Create a center crease by folding the paper in half with the long side at the top. Then, do the same on the other side, and then unfold all. Now you have a center crease.
- Step 3. Fold the upper right corner down to the center crease. Repeat the same move to the upper left corner.
- Step 4. Fold the bottom of the paper up to make it a triangle. Fold it up to fit the bottom corner of the triangle you just made.
- Step 5. Now make a boat-like shape by folding the bottom again.
- Step 6. Then, make a cap-like shape from paper by folding the triangle-down. Fold it until the tip of your triangle meets the bottom edge.
- Step 7. Make a cap from paper by Folding the sides to create a straight edge to the paper.
- Step 8. Fold the tabs up so that the crease line is roughly perpendicular to the line of your triangle piece. Make sure that the distance from the short edge of the envelope is slightly less than a square. Repeat on the other side.
- Step 9. Lift the triangular flap, and then fold it back onto the tabs and under the flap under the envelope. Complete!
How to Make an Envelope Out of 12x12 Paper
Here is how to make an envelope out of paper, with 12x12 paper:
- Step 1. Start your project by making a mark on both sides of the 5” paper from the bottom up. Then fold the paper at the mark. Stack the remaining paper on top of the other.
- Step 2. Mark one inch at each fold. Measure up to 4 small notches on the inside of the envelope and leave a mark on them.
- Step 3. Draw a line that connects the previous mark to show where to cut. Cut along the crease and also drawn a line.
- Step 4. Measure an inch at the bottom of the paper and mark it. Draw a line to connect the mark to the end of the triangle cut. Cut along the line.
- Step 5. Take the protractor from the end of the triangle cut and measure any angle you want, then draw a line on both sides of the top crease. You can use a 60/120-degree angle. Cut along the angle line you drew. Fold the middle flap inward to form a crease.
- Step 6. Fold up the bottom and place it under the cover. Glue the flap down to the top of the bottom crease. Complete!
How to Make an Envelope Out of Scrapbook Paper
Here is how to make an envelope out of paper with your scrapbook:
- Step 1. Place the scrapbook paper with the decorative side down and rotate it to make it look like a diamond.
- Step 2. Fold the three points toward the middle. These points should meet in the center of the paper and should overlap slightly. Fold the left, right, and bottom corners into a diamond shape.
- Step 3. Apply on the glue down like a line in the inner edge of the corner and press to close it.
- Step 4. Trace the outside of the envelope on the other page of the envelope and cut it off with scissors.
- Step 5. Once it's done, remove the insert, put glue on the back, and then fix it to the inside of the envelope. Done!
How to Make an Envelope Out of Paper Without Tape
Here is how to make an envelope out of paper without any tape:
- Step 1. Start your project by folding the paper in half with the pattern on the outside.
- Step 2. Open it again and fold the bottom edge up to fit the middle crease. Now the lower half will be divided into two halves to get 2 quarters.
- Step 3. This time you need to open it again and fold the bottom edge up to meet the crease you just made dividing the bottom section in half again.
- Step 4. Fold the bottom edge and meet the middle again. Fold down the top edge to meet this crease.
- Step 5. Open the fold again and then fold in the bottom corners, making a small triangle on each side. Use the edges of the triangle to fold the sides.
- Step 6. Fold in the upper corner to form 2 triangles, these triangles will form the closed fold of the envelope. Use the crease you made in step 5.
- Step 7. Fold the top flap to the downside and then refold it along the crease.
- Step 8. To close the envelope, insert the top tip under the bottom flap. Done!
Enjoy these tutorials on how to make an envelope out of paper? Find more DIY tutorials to boost your creative skills on Tripboba!
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers