How to Make Cheese: A Step-by-Step Guide to Make a Variety of Cheese!Aug 22, 2020 12:00 PM How to Make Cheese - Photo by stu_spivack from Flickr
Tripboba.com - Cheese is a famous food mostly made from cow's milk. But it also can be made from milk of other mammals, like goats, sheep, reindeers, buffalos, camels, and yaks.
People have started to process milk since around 4000 years ago. That's why cheese is everywhere, even there are some regions that are well-known for their cheese, like Normandy, La Mancha, Emilia Romagna, Somerset, and Vermont.
Cheese has become many people's favorite because it can be transformed into various delicious foods, or simply being a complement for other foods. There are various ways of how to make cheese.
So, stay tuned to the very end of this page to find out how to make cheese!
How to make grilled cheese
The important thing about how to make cheese in this recipe is the crust melting. Firstly, choose tasty bread and butter it up. Then, shred your favorite cheddar. Most people love this kind of grilled cheese; crunchy on the outside, melty cheddar, and great cheese pull.
Choose the best cheese! The most recommended cheese is sharp cheddar cheese because it has a good combination of firmness and flavor. This cheese has a solid structure that will be perfect when it's heated. Another cheese that you can choose is swiss cheese, gruyere, gouda, Monterey jack, pepper jack, or mozzarella.
The second thing is to choose the best bread! Sweet brioche and Hawaiian bread are our recommendations because they will complete gouda perfectly. You can also choose squaw bread too. It's great for brie, gruyere, or swiss cheese.
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) butter
- 4 slices white bread, ½ to ¾-inch thick
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
1. Use a small bowl and melt the butter in it in 15-second intervals on high power in your microwave with a duration of 10-15 seconds.
2. Brush melted butter on one side of each bread's slide. Then, add 1 or 2 slices of cheese between the unbuttered on the buttered sides of the bread to make a sandwich.
3. Now, heat your cast iron skillet or nonstick pan with medium-low heat. When the pan is already heated, put the sandwiches on the pan. Press it down with a spatula. Make sure you don't move the sandwiches. Wait until the bread is golden brown and look crisp. It may take 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Flip the sandwich over. Then cook it until the color changes into golden brown and the cheese is melted. This also takes 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Slice it in half diagonally to make a triangle shape. Done! This is one of the favorite ways of how to make cheese.
How to make nacho cheese
The combination of nacho and cheese is one of the favorite recipes of how to make cheese taste good! Here, we will show you tutorials to make a basic nacho cheese sauce. It's going to be simple but powerful.
You don't need a gelatinous block of Velveeta. You just need real cheddar cheese that is fast and easy to make. You can also do an experiment by adding your favorite ingredients, like garlic powder, cumin, or cayenne pepper.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 oz. medium cheddar, shredded (about 1.5 cups)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
1. Put the butter and flour into a saucepot. Then, heat and stir them up until they become foamy and bubbly. Do it around 60 minutes.
2. Then, add milk to the mixture of butter and flour. Turn the heat up a little bit, stir them up, and wait until the milk simmers. The mixture will thicken when the milk simmers. Turn off the heat when the mixture is already thick enough.
3. Put the shredded cheddar into the mixture until it's melted into the sauce. You can also heat it with a low flame to help the cheese melts. But, don't overheat the cheese sauce.
4. When the cheese is already melted into the sauce, add chili powder and salt. Taste it and add needed seasonings if you want. If the sauce becomes so thick, you can add milk and stir it again. Now, enjoy another way of how to make cheese taste delicious!
How to make beer cheese
One more interesting way of how to make cheese and combine it with other kinds of ingredients. But this time, we will show you how to make cheese and mix it with beer.
This beer cheese is excellent for a snack, holiday appetizers, or Saturday night activity. Follow our steps and this beer cheese will be ready in around 15 minutes!
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons (24g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (240ml) whole milk*
- 2/3 cup (160ml) beer (You can use your favorite beer)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (250g; 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese. You can use pepper jack, gouda, or Colby cheese too (avoid soft cheeses)
1. Firstly, put aside your fresh shredded cheddar cheese aside. We will use this in step 4.
2. Use a saucepan over medium heat to melt the butter. Then, pour the flour and whisk them until they are thick clumpy. This takes a minute.
3. Pour the milk and stream it slowly. Keep whisking until it thickens a little bit. Whisk it in 1 minute.
4. Pour the remaining ingredients.
5. Turn the heat off and put the beer cheese into a serving dish. Add extra cheese as needed. The sauce will be thin just after you move it from the stove. It will be so delicious. But, it will start thickening after a few minutes.
- 60 Ghost Quotes from Famous Movies You Don’t Want to Miss!
- 60 Meaningful Deep Thoughts Quotes About Life and Love to Help You Get Into Your Mind
- 55 Inspiring Buddha Quotes on Love, Marriage, Self-Love, and More
- 70 Best Cute Quotes About Love That Will Create Butterflies in Your Stomach
- 60 Amazing Noam Chomsky Quotes on Life, Education, Love, and Language That Will Make You Wonder About Things