Tripboba.com - Have you ever wondered how to make sour cream?
As one of the most used baking ingredients, Sour Cream is essential for any cooking. This daily product is yummy, made by the fermented cream from certain lactic acid bacteria. Everyone loves the creamy and tart of the sour cream.
Sour cream is mostly used as tacos topping and also to rich chocolate cakes. You can always have this sour cream stored in the fridge to use every time you need it.
Learning how to make sour cream is actually easy and simple. Here we provide simple methods on how to make sour cream for your daily use.
- How to Make Sour Cream Sauce
- How to Make Sour Cream from Milk and Vinegar
- How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist Sour Cream
- How to Make Sour Cream Pound Cake
How to Make Homemade Sour Cream
In this article, we will share with you 4 different methods on how to make sour creams based on the popular recipes that are easy to follow.
1. How to Make Sour Cream Sauce
This sour cream sauce is usually used for gravy. It's best to be paired with some delicious baked chicken or pasta. You can also use this cream to sprinkle all over the fried potatoes.
Wait no more, here's how to make sour cream sauce:
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 1/3 cup green onions
- 2 tablespoons unbleached white flour
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1. Prepare and heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Pur in butter and let melt,
Step 2. Saute in garlic until fragrant. Then, gradually add flour and stir gently until it turns brown.
Step 3. Stir in the chicken broth slowly until it gets thickened.
Step 4. Turn off the heat and transfer to a bowl. Let sit to chill before you can actually whisk it along with the sour cream. Serve and enjoy!
2. How to Make Sour Cream from Milk and Vinegar
The second tutorial is about making sour cream from milk and vinegar. Check it out!
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup heavy cream
Step 1. Transfer the milk into a mason jar. Then, add in vinegar and shake.
Step 2. Open the lid and let sit on the room temperature for 10 minutes. Close the lid and shake it again. Stir in the heavy cream and shake it again. Open the lid and cover with a paper towel and let sit for at least 12 hours. If you desire to have a thick sour cream, you can spoon the thick mixture from the top. But, id you want it with a less thick texture, you can stir it.
Step 3. After well fermented, you can immediately use it or store it in the fridge. It will stay fresh for up to two weeks.
3. How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist Sour Cream
For the next tutorial, we are about to make Jiffy Cornbread Moist Sour Cream. Check it out!
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
Step 1. Gather all the ingredients and prepare your oven by preheating to 375 °F. Then, prepare a baking pan and grease. Set aside.
Step 2. In a mixing bowl, combine together sour cream with butter and sugar. Crack eggs in and beat until firm.
Step 3. Pour in the Jiffy mix and combine until completely incorporated.
Step 4. Pour in the mix into the prepared baking sheet evenly.
Step 5. Put into the prepared oven and set the timer to 20 minutes baking or until it turns golden brown and cooked through.
Step 6. Lift from the heat and serve!
4. How to Make Sour Cream Pound Cake
Now for the last, let's learn to make Sour Cream Pound Cake. Check it out!
- 1 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
Step 1. Gather all the ingredients and prepare your oven by preheating to 375 °F. Then, prepare a bundt pan and spray a non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
Step 2. Mix together sugar and butter using an electric mixer on high speed for 4 minutes or until it's fluffy.
Step 3. Add eggs and continue mixing. Fold the sides using a spatula.
Step 4. Low the speed down and add flour gradually into the batter. Add salt and baking soda together. Combine well, but don't over mix.
Step 5. Now pour in the sugar cream. Add vanilla extract and combine well. Turn off the mixer. Then, transfer the batter into the bundt pan.
Step 6. Place the pan into the oven and set the timer to 1 1/2 hour baking or until it cooked through. You can use a toothpick to check the inside.
Step 7. Remove from the heat and let sit on a wire rack to chill for an hour before serving. Serve onto a platter and enjoy!
- Wingaersheek Beach: An Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Destination for a Family Vacation
- Ocean Edge Resort: Experience an Unforgettable Stay in the Beautiful Cape Cod
- Soca Valley: Visit The Most Beautiful Travel Destination in Slovenia
- Ranthambore National Park: See The Beauty of Wildlife Closely!
- Surf and Sand Resort: Escape Your Busy Life to This Amazing Resort in California