How to Reset Apple Watch: 5 Ways to Get Your Smartwatch Working AgainFeb 11, 2021 05:00 PM How to Reset Apple Watch - Photo by Pixabay from Pexels
Tripboba.com - For iPhone users, Apple Watch has helped so much in keeping up with notifications, track fitness, getting directions, and using apps without having to constantly reach for your phone. The stylish smartwatch is absolutely what we need on daily basis, and yet there are times when things go wrong with our tiny pocket computer.
While there are a number of things you can try if your Apple Watch stops responding, resetting the device is probably the most obvious and straightforward solution you can come up with. If you’re looking for the steps on how to reset Apple Watch, then you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, Tripboba has got you covered with anything you’ll need to get your smartwatch working. Depending on the problem you’ve found with your device, there are some different ways on how to reset Apple Watch, so make sure to keep reading!
How to reset an Apple Watch
It’s actually easy to learn how to reset Apple Watch. First, press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider on the screen, then drag the Power Off slider. Once your Apple Watch has turned off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.
If this doesn’t solve the issue, you can learn how to hard reset Apple Watch instead. Simply press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds. After that, release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.
How to factory reset Apple Watch
If you’ve got another issue and feel the need to restore your Apple Watch to its factory settings, you can unpair the smartwatch from your iPhone.
Here’s how to reset Apple Watch this way:
Step 1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
Step 2. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
Step 3. Go to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
Step 4. Tap the info button next to the watch you want to unpair and tap Unpair Apple Watch.
Step 5. For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your mobile data plan.
- If you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, keep your plan.
- If you don't want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, remove your plan. If you aren't going to pair with a different watch or iPhone, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription.
Step 6. Tap again to confirm. You may need to enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock. No worries, your iPhone will create a new backup of your Apple Watch before erasing all the content and settings.
Step 7. Set up your Apple Watch again.
How to reset Apple Watch without paired phone
You can also learn how to reset Apple Watch without a paired phone with the following tutorial:
- On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Type your password if prompted.
- For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your mobile data plan.
- Tap Erase All to confirm. This resets your Apple Watch to the factory settings.
How to reset Apple Watch without passcode
If you’ve forgotten the passcode to your Apple Watch, you'll need to reset the watch and set it up again. Follow these steps to know how:
- Put your watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete these steps.
- Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown until you see Erase all content and settings.
- Tap Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.
- Wait for the process to finish, then set up your Apple Watch again. When asked, restore from a backup.
- Even if erasing all content and settings will in turn erase all media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch, note that it does not remove Activation Lock. If you want to remove Activation Lock, you’ll need to unpair the watch first.
How to reset Apple Watch without Apple ID
Resetting your Apple Watch and other iOS devices require you to enter your Apple ID and the password for it. If you’ve forgotten these details, you can try an app called AnyUnlock – iPhone Password Unlocker which is built to help you unlock nearly all locks on your iPhone and iPad devices.
With this app, you can reset your iPhone without having to enter your Apple ID password. Once you reset your iPhone, you can then use it with another Apple ID. This way, you can use your Apple Watch with another log in identification.
- 60 Perfect Chemistry Quotes on Relationship and Science
- This Japanese Couple Always Wear Some Matching Outfits In 41 Years Married Life And It's Just Too Adorable (14 Pictures)
- 40+ Richard Feynman Quotes to Ignite Your Ideas!
- 50 Best Ungrateful People Quotes to Help Us Appreciate Our Lives More
- 40 Iconic Velveteen Rabbit Quotes That will Show You How to become Real