Tripboba.com - Do you want to eat some roasted peanuts? Well, you don’t need to wait for a carnival or come to a street vendor only to eat them! You can make roasted peanuts easily at your home. It is quite easy and simple to do.
Wondering how to roast peanuts? You have come to the right place! In this article, we have provided you with some recipes on how to roast peanuts. Check these highlights out!
How to roast raw peanuts
You may wonder about how to roast raw peanuts. In fact, there is no specific trick for roasting raw nuts in your kitchen. The largest concern is the timing, since you will have to roast them in the shell a bit longer compared to peanuts that have been shelled.
Probably, the process will take less than 30 minutes. That’s why you need to be crunching in a short time. All you need to have are a shallow baking dish and absolutely—peanuts. Dried and raw peanuts are the perfect choice for roasting.
You can decide whether or not to shell the dried peanuts. If you use the unshelled peanuts, you need to sort through them before you start. Make sure you pick the peanuts that have unbroken, clean, and unblemished shells.
Here’s how to roast peanuts that are still raw.
1 Pound peanuts. If you want to roast unshelled ones, use 1,5 pounds
1. Gather the ingredients
2. Preheat oven to 350 F
3. Put the peanuts in a single layer within a shallow baking pan
4. For peanuts that are still unshelled, you need to bake those for 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, you need to bake shelled peanuts for 15 until 20 minutes.
5. Stir the peanuts one time or twice while you cook them.
6. Cook them until they are a bit underdone since the peanuts will continue to cook when they are removed from the oven.
7. Let them cool 10 minutes before you serve them.
How to roast peanuts in a pan
As a matter of fact, you can use your pan to roast the peanuts. Here’s how to roast peanuts using a pan. In this recipe, you will need 2 minutes for the preparation time and 15 minutes for the cooking time. So, the total time you will need is 17 minutes.
3 cups raw peanuts
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F
2. Put the peanuts in a single layer in a pan. After that, put the pan in the oven. You will need to roast them for 15 to 20 minutes until the peanuts just start to turn brown. They will continue cooking after they are removed from the oven as the peanuts are cooling.
3. Take them from the oven and sprinkle with salt until they are well coated. Let them cool completely. Finally, store them in an airtight container. So, that's how to roast peanuts using a pan!
How to roast peanuts in microwave
Now, we are going to learn how to roast peanuts using a microwave. It is generally simple to cook peanuts in the microwave. And it just takes around 15 minutes to do so. Take peanuts, butter, and a glass baking dish to begin.
Here’s how to roast peanuts using a microwave you need to know:
1. Peanuts have to be shelled (shell evacuated).
2. Put 2 cups of peanuts in a 10-by 16-inch glass baking dish.
3. Put with 2 teaspoons of margarine.
4. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
6. Microwave on high an additional 2 minutes.
7. Keep cooking and stirring every 2 minutes until somewhat under the desired doneness level, as peanuts keep on cooking when expelled from the oven.
8. Cook a total of 10 minutes for a light roast. Meanwhile, you need to cook for 12 minutes for a darker roast.
9. Let cool for 10 minutes before you eat them.
10. Store cooked shelled peanuts in a water/air proof container. You can save them for 3 until 6 months as long as you save them in the freezer.
That’s all about how to roast peanuts you need to know. So, which one of those cooking methods do you want to practice?