How to Use AirDrop: Easy Tutorials for Sharing Files on Apple DevicesApr 07, 2021 10:30 PM Photo by airdropalert.com
Tripboba.com - AirDrop serves as a feature to share and receive photos, documents, and so on via Apple devices. It is one of the best features that Apple provided on all its devices.
That means you can share anything from and to all Apple’s devices using AirDrop. If you still not familiar with this feature, you can follow these methods of how to use AirDrop on your Apple device.
How to Use Apple AirDrop
Before knowing how to use AirDrop, there are a number of things you need to pay attention to, namely:
- Turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on the sending and receiving devices;
- Make sure the sending and receiving devices are within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range;
- You can only send to contacts if you don't have AirDrop receiving everyone on.
After that, you can do the following steps:
- Step 1. Open the document/photo/video that you want to share;
- Step 2. Tap Share;
- Step 3. Tap the name of the recipient who is also an AirDrop user;
- Step 4. For recipients, click 'Accept' when there is an incoming file request from AirDrop;
Note: if you send a document to your own device, the content will be entered automatically to your device.
The steps above are similar to all Apple devices, which is pretty easy to do. If you’re still confusing of the brief steps of how to use AirDrop above, you can read on the next page.
How to Use AirDrop on Mac: Easy GuidesPhoto by idownloadblog.com
The next step is how to use AirDrop on Mac. The AirDrop itself is an ad-hoc service found on Apple Inc's iOS and macOS operating systems, functions as a wireless transfer of photo, video, website, location, and other data to other nearby devices and Mac computers (iOS 7, iPadOS 13, OS X 10.10 or later). When sending information via AirDrop, it requires Wi-Fi and Bluetooth which both must be turned on, and when using AirDrop, the user must sign in with his Apple ID where the transfer will be encrypted for security.
Here's what users need to do before starting to send and use AirDrop:
- Make sure the person to whom the content is being sent is nearby and that you have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi coverage.
- Make sure that both you and the person you are sending the content to have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
- Turn off Personal Hotspot if it's active.
- Make sure the person to whom the content is sent has set AirDrop to receive only from Contacts.
- If the sender does and you are in Contacts, then they must have your email address or mobile number on the contact card for AirDrop to work.
- But if you're not in Contacts, make sure they configure their AirDrop receiving settings to Everyone so they can receive files.
- You can set AirDrop receiving settings to Contacts Only or Receiving Off at any time to control who can see your device and send you content on AirDrop.
The settings of AirDrop should be set before you start using it. You should follow the steps above of how to use AirDrop to make sure everything runs smoothly. After setting up everything, you can start to send your files, and the steps are below.
- Step 1. Open the item you want to send, then tap the box icon with an up arrow, "Share", "AirDrop", select the menu with three dots (...), or another button that displays sharing options for the app.
- Step 2. Tap the WiFi icon in the sharing options bar, then tap the profile picture of a nearby AirDrop user.
- Step 3. If the person doesn't appear as a nearby AirDrop user, ask them to open Control Center on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and allow AirDrop to receive the item.
- Step 4. Meanwhile, to send someone on a Mac, ask the person to allow themselves to be found in AirDrop in Finder.
- Step 5. In addition to the items mentioned above, users can also use AirDrop to securely share app and website passwords with someone using another iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
How to Use AirDrop on iPhone You Should KnowPhoto by ioshacker.com
On iPhone itself, how to use AirDrop is pretty much the same with other Apple devices. You can just follow the previous steps. If you're the receiver, and your friend sending files, you can follow the steps below:
- Step 1. When someone shares something using AirDrop, you will get a notification with a preview by tapping "Accept" or "Decline".
- Step 2. If you tap "Accept", AirDrop will enter via the same app that sent it. For example, photos will be displayed in the Photos app and websites will be displayed in Safari. The app link opens in the App Store, where you can download or purchase the app.
- Step 3. If you send something via AirDrop to yourself, such as a photo from iPhone to Mac, you won't see an "Accept" or "Decline" option. The content will be sent automatically to your device. Just make sure that the user is signed in to both devices using the same Apple ID.
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers