How to Wipe an iPhone: What to Know Before Reset Your iPhone and How to Do ItFeb 23, 2021 11:37 PM Photo by Tyler Lastovich from Pexels
Tripboba.com - iPhone is one of the most popular smartphones in the world with million users. One of the best features of iPhone is its backing-up process. This feature allows user to store their data to the iCloud and can be restored to another new iPhone. Before going to how to wipe an iPhone, it is better to know how to back up data. Let’s take a look!
- Before knowing how to wipe an iPhone, you should back up your data so you don't regret it. You can do this with the following steps.
- Make Backup Files from iPhone to iCloud
- Open the settings menu ("Settings").
- Then select your Apple ID. The ID will appear in the upper section of the menu and contain the name and photo (if you have uploaded it).
- If you are not signed in to your Apple ID, tap the "Sign in to your iPhone" option, enter your Apple ID and password, then tap "Sign In".
- If you are running an older version of iOS, you don't need to follow this step.
- Tap iCloud. This option is in the second menu segment.
- Scroll down and tap iCloud Backup. This option is under the "APPS USING ICLOUD" section.
- Slide the switch "iCloud Backup" to the "On" position (marked in green) if the switch has not been shifted.
- touch Back Up Now.
- Wait for the backup file creation process to complete.
- You must be connected to a WiFi network to create and save a backup file from your iPhone.
How to Wipe an iPhone 7: Easy Tutorial to Reset Your iPhone 7Photo by Owner from appletoolbox.com
After knowing how to back up your data, it is safe now to how to wipe an iPhone 7 with some simple steps. You can do it easily and the steps below are practical with less risk to lose the data. These steps are also applicable to other iPhone series, such as iPhone 5s to iPhone X. Let’s jump into it.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and tap General.
- Scroll down and tap Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- iPhone data wiping is the right choice if you want to sell or give away the device and don't want other people to access your information stored on the device. However, if you just want to restore the default settings without deleting any data or media, touch "Reset All Settings."
- Enter the passcode. Type in the passcode that is used to unlock your phone.
- If prompted, enter restrictions passcodes.
- Tap Erase iPhone. After that, all settings will be reset, and media and data on the device will be deleted.
- If you haven't created a backup file from your iPhone and stored it in iCloud, you will permanently lose all data and media stored on your device.
- The phone will display the message "Swipe to set up" when finished erasing content, just like when the device was first purchased.
Those are the steps of how to wipe an iPhone 7 with easy way. After wiping out the whole data, your phone is set up to be a new iPhone. That means you can sell it without worrying your personal data being attached.
How to Remote Wipe an iPhone Using Find My iPhonePhoto by Owner from makemac.grid.id
If you have your phone lost or in somewhere you can’t reach and you want to know how to wipe an iPhone, you can actually apply this method. This method requires you to use another device to assist and also requires your Apple ID. Let’s see how it works!
- Open the Find My iPhone app on another device. You can run this application from a mobile device or visit iCloud via a web browser.
- The "Find My iPhone" feature must be activated on the iPhone and the device must be active and connected to the internet for you to perform a remote reset.
- Sign in with your Apple ID. Use the Apple ID and password you use to log into iPhone.
- If you're using an app on someone else's device, you may need to tap the "Sign Out" button in the upper-right corner of the screen to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Touch Your iPhone. Your iPhone will appear in the list of devices at the bottom of the map. Its location will be displayed on a map which, later on, will be enlarged when you select iPhone.
- If the device is turned off, or the charge has been exhausted, the map will show the last known location of the device, but cannot show its current address or location.
- Tap Actions.
- Tap Erase iPhone.
- This action will erase all data on the iPhone. This means that you will no longer be able to use the Find My iPhone feature to locate the device.
- Make a backup file regularly and save it to iCloud or iTunes in case you need to restore deleted data at any time.
So, those are all the easy methods of how to wipe an iPhone to make it into a new iPhone. Make sure to always create back up to avoid losing data. Good luck!
How to Wipe an iPhone without Passcode Using iDevice ManagerPhoto by Owner from getintopc.com
If you're having your iPhone locked or forgetting the Apple ID, how to wipe an iPhone with this kind of situation requires the third-party program. You can install iDevice Manager to permanently erase your Apple ID along with its data. Using this program is the last option to wipe and restore the iPhone so it can be used again. Let's take a look!
- Step 1: You have to download this program and install it on your PC.
- Step 2: Open the program, connect your iPhone to PC using USB. Make sure you have installed the latest iTunes. Your iPhone will be detected and you can see its detail on the program.
- Step 3: Click "Delete" and you will be shown "Security Level Options" tab. You can choose whether the "High Level," "Medium Level," or "Low Level." Each option has different wiping result, so it is recommended to choose the "High Level" to erase the whole data.
- Step 4: After choosing the level, you can click "OK" and the wiping process will start automatically.
- Step 5: It takes minutes to wipe the whole data. After the process finished, you can unplug your iPhone from USB and it will reboot automatically. Done!
These steps of how to wipe an iPhone is useful for those who forgot the Apple ID. If you still remember your Apple ID, you can try another method in this article.
- 50+ Inspirational Happy Engineers Day Quotes and Messages to Deliver Your Appreciation
- 45+ Turkey Jokes to Lighten the Mood on Thanksgiving Day!
- 50+ Quotes About Stories to Bring Inspiration
- 45+ Fathers Day Jokes to Make This Special Day Unforgettable
- 95 Warm Good Person Quotes to Motivate You Turn Into One