30+ Friedrich Nietzsche Quotes About Life, Love, Woman, and GodJun 18, 2021 08:30 PM Photo by gallery.ca
Tripboba.com - Friedrich Nietzsche is a German philosopher known for his phenomenal statement “God is dead.” He is also popular for his Nihilism idea about life.
These Nietzsche quotes below will give you some of its famous perspectives on life, love, women, and many more. You can learn from his words that the complexity of life is merely human made.
Friedrich Nietzsche Quotes
Nietzsche is also a controversial figure in the world of philosophy, especially in the West. Many critics from different scholars have also colored his life.
But a wise man never really ended up in bad ways. Yet these Nietzsche quotes can be your best reference in contemplating life. Let’s check ‘em out!
- "Blessed are the forgetful: for they get the better even of their blunders."
- "He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you."
- "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
- "He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
- "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
- "There are no facts, only interpretations."
- "To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."
- "When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you."
- "Without music, life would be a mistake."
- "Woman was God's second mistake."
Those are 10 of many Nietzsche quotes for your reference. You can also check some of his best and wise words on different topics on the next page. Lets’ jump into it!
Nietzsche Love QuotesPhoto by theguardian.com
Nietzsche is popular for his thoughts on life and philosophy, yet he also concerns the relationship between humans, that is love.
These Nietzsche quotes about love can be your reference in contemplating the world and its element, including love. You can check some of his best and wise words below!
- "And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
- "I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."
- "I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you."
- "In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."
- "It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
- "It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages."
- "No one can construct for you the bridge upon which precisely you must cross the stream of life, no one but you yourself alone."
- "Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed."
- "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
- "The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time."
- "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
- "The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends."
- "The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind."
- "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."
- "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
- "We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once."
- "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
- "Without music, life would be a mistake."
- "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
- "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star."
Best Nietzsche Quotes About Death
- "Death is close enough at hand so we do not need to be afraid of life."
- "Death. The certain prospect of death could sweeten every life with a precious and fragrant drop of levity- and now you strange apothecary souls have turned it into an ill-tasting drop of poison that makes the whole of life repulsive."
- "Men after death ... are understood worse than men of the moment, but heard better."
- "One has to pay dearly for immortality; one has to die several times while one is still alive."
- "One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
- "One should part from life as Odysseus parted from Nausicaa-blessing it rather than in love with it."
- "Some die too young, some die too old; the precept sounds strange, but die at the right age."
- "The living is a species of the dead; and not a very attractive one."
- "To die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly. Death freely chosen, death at the right time, brightly and cheerfully accomplished amid children and witnesses: then a real farewell is still possible, as the one who is taking leave is still there; also a real estimate of what one has wished, drawing the sum of one's life--all in opposition to the wretched and revolting comedy that Christianity has made of the hour of death."
- "We should turn our death into a celebration, even if only out of a malice towards life: towards the woman who wants to leave--us!"
Nietzsche Quotes ReligionPhoto by medium.com
Nietzsche also concerns with the women which is kinda strange to know that he was an absolute nihilist.
In certain cases, these Nietzsche quotes about women can be your inspiration to know better about other people. Let’s check ‘em out!
- "A woman's pity, which is talkative, carries the sick person's bed to the public marketplace."
- "Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent."
- "Contentment preserves one from catching cold. Has a woman who knew that she was well dressed ever caught a cold? No, not even when she had scarcely a rag on her back."
- "Everyone carries within himself an image of womanliness derived from his mother: it is this that determines whether, on the whole, he will revere women, or despise them, or remain generally indifferent to them."
- "Generally speaking, the greater a woman's beauty, the greater her modesty."
- "If you go to see the woman, do not forget the whip."
- "Let woman be a plaything, pure and fine, like a precious stone, illumined with the virtues of a world not yet come."
- "Many people, especially women, never experience boredom because they have never learned to work properly."
- "The happiness of man is: I will. The happiness of woman is: he wills."
Famous Nietzsche Quotes About Religion
- "The perfect woman perpetrates literature as she perpetrates a small sin: as an experiment, in passing, glancing around to see whether anybody notices--and to make sure that somebody notices."
- "The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
- "The woman and the genius do not work. Up to now, woman has been mankind's supreme luxury. In all those moments when we do our best, we do not work. Work is merely a means to these moments."
- "There are two things a real man likes - danger and play; and he likes woman because she is the most dangerous of play things."
- "Where neither love nor hatred is in the game, a woman's game is mediocre."
- "Woman learns to hate to the extent to which her charms decrease."
- "Woman understands children better than man does, but man is more childlike than woman."
- "Women and egoistic artists entertain a feeling towards science that is something composed of envy and sentimentality."
- "Women are considered deep - why? Because one can never discover any bottom to them. Women are not even shallow."
- "Women are quite able to make friends with a man; but to preserve such a friendship - that no doubt requires the assistance of a slight physical antipathy."
- "Women want to serve, and this is where their happiness lies: but the free spirit does not want to be served, and this is where his happiness lies."
Phenomenal Nietzsche Quotes God is Dead
- "God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?"
Well, those are the 40+ Nietzsche quotes you should know. The last one about the death of God is one of the most phenomenal.
Friedrich Nietzsche is one of the most prominent philosophers in the West. You can learn something, the least, from the quotes above. Good luck!
- This Japanese Couple Always Wear Some Matching Outfits In 41 Years Married Life And It's Just Too Adorable (14 Pictures)
- This Instagram Account Illustrated The 12 Famous and Funniest Cat Pictures On The Internet
- 75 Birthday Wishes for Cousin Sister, Best to Funny Messages
- These 20 Pictures of Adorable Kittens Under a Cozy Blanket Will Make Your Heart Warmer Than Ever!
- 12 Moments When This Talented Makeup Artist Turning Herself Into Famous Celebrities From Around The World