30+ Famous Terence McKenna Quotes About Love, Life, Plants, and PsychedelicsJul 27, 2021 11:56 PM Terence McKenna Quotes - Photo by Caitlyn John Stone from Pinterest
Tripboba.com - Terence Kemp McKenna or well known as Terence McKenna was an American ethnobotanist and mystic who advocated for the responsible use of naturally occurring psychedelic plants.
He was also known for giving long, weird but strangely compelling discussions that reach over many topics however basically centers around the idea that taking large dosages of "magic mushrooms" at rare intervals is worth pursuing.
So, here's the selection of Terence McKenna quotes about nature, love, life, plants, and Psychedelics.
Let's scroll down to the following list of Terence McKenna as compiled by Tripnoba below.
Terence McKenna Quotes Love
Here are some Terence McKenna quotes about love that you can copy-paste.
- "Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."
- "We do not birth our children into the world of nature. We birth our children into the world of culture. Television is by nature the dominator drug par excellence. Control of content, uniformity of content, repeatability of content make it inevitably a tool of coersion, brainwashing, and manipulation."
- "Nobody is smarter than you are. And what if they are? what good is their understanding doing you?. "What we call reality is in fact nothing more than a culturally sanctioned and linguistically reinforced hallucination.
- "We are led by the least among us – the least intelligent, the least noble, the least visionary. We are led by the least among us and we do not fight back against the dehumanizing values that are handed down as control icons."
- "losure is a neurotic and infantile demand to make upon reality, other people, or language."
- "Art’s task is to save the soul of mankind.. anything less is a dithering while Rome burns. We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together. We are caught inside a mystery, veiled in an enigma, locked inside a riddle
- The long night of human history is drawing at last to its conclusion."
Best Terence McKenna QuotesTerence McKenna Quotes - Photo by 9gag from Pinterest
Here is the other best Terence McKenna quotes:
- "If you don’t have a plan, you become part of somebody else’s plan."
- "Every step into freedom contains within it the potential for greater bondage."
- "The surface of things is not where attention should rest."
- "Science does not deal with subjective experience… Well that’s too bad because that is all any of us ever have."
- "Chaos is what we’ve lost touch with. This is why it is given a bad name. It is feared by the dominant archetype of our world, which is ego, which clenches because its existence is defined in terms of control."
- "The discs which haunt the skies of Earth indicate that the unconscious cannot be kept waiting forever. These things are going to have to be dealt with."
- "If the words ‘life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness’ don’t include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the declaration of independence isn’t worth the hemp it was written on."
- "A hallucination is a species of reality, as capable of teaching you as a videotape about Kilimanjaro or anything else that falls through your life."
- "What is unusual about Earth is that language, literally, has become alive. It has infested matter. It is replicating and defining and building itself. And it is in us."
- "We can begin the restructuring of thought by declaring legitimate what we have denied for so long. Lets us declare nature to be legitimate. The notion of illegal plants is obnoxious and ridiculous in the first place."
- "Nothing comes unannounced, but many can miss the announcement. So it’s very important to actually listen to your own intuition rather than driving through it."
- "You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding."
- "If we could feel what we are doing to the Earth, we would stop immediately."
- "The imagination is the golden pathway to everywhere."
- "Liberate yourself from the illusion of culture."
- "Take responsibility for what you think and what you do."
- "In fact, I think when we carry out a complete analysis of time, I think what we’re going to discover is that like matter, time is composed of elemental, discrete types."
- "Nature is not our enemy, to be raped and conquered. Nature is ourselves, to be cherished and explored."
- "The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."
- "Cultures are virtual realities made of language."
- "How can we know who is the other until we know who is the self? The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of you can make of it whatever you wish."
Plants Quotes Terence McKennaTerence McKenna Quotes - Photo by vice from Pinterest
We really hope you enjoy this Terence McKenna about plants.
- “We can begin the restructuring of thought by declaring legitimate what we have denied for so long. Lets us declare Nature to be legitimate. The notion of illegal plants is obnoxious and ridiculous in the first place.”― Terence McKenna, Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge
Terence McKenna Culture Quotes
More about Terence McKenna quotes about culture.
- “We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.”― Terence McKenna
- “Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering it's a feather bed.”― Terence McKenna
- “Chaos is what we've lost touch with. This is why it is given a bad name. It is feared by the dominant archetype of our world, which is Ego, which clenches because its existence is defined in terms of control.”― Terence McKenna
Terence Mckenna Quotes on Psychedelics
In this part, you can see the only one Terence McKenna quotes about Psychedelics.
- “Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”― Terence McKenna
Thank you for visiting Tripboba and reading all about Terence McKenna quotes above. Hope you like it!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness