40+ Best Roald Dahl Quotes: Get Yourself Some Inspiration and Wisdom from His ThoughtsJul 30, 2021 08:45 PM Best Roald Dahl Quotes - Photo by Victor from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Most of us have watched "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" as well as "Matilda" while grew up. But do you know who is the author behind those legendary stories? He is Roald Dahl.
Roald Dahl is one of the most famous children’s book authors in the world. Many of his works have been turned into films and television series. His works have been highlighted in various media and encouraged a slew of individuals to be creative.
As one of the world's finest storytellers, it's no wonder that Roald Dahl has generated a plethora of inspirational quotes to learn. So, if you want to be inspired by his works, we’ve collated some wise words from Roald Dahl Quotes.
Famous Quotes from Roald Dahl
- “The witching hour, somebody had once whispered to her, was a special moment in the middle of the night when every child and every grown-up was in a deep deep sleep, and all the dark things came out from hiding and had the world all to themselves.” — Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “‘Meanings is not important,’ said the BFG. ‘I cannot be right all the time. Quite often I is left instead of right.'” — Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “‘The matter with human beans,’ the BFG went on, ‘is that they is absolutely refusing to believe in anything unless they is actually seeing it right in front of their own schnozzles.'” — Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “Let your love out.” — Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “Dreams is full of mystery and magic . . . . Do not try to understand them.” — Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “‘Do you like vegetables?’ Sophie asked, hoping to steer the conversation towards a slightly less dangerous kind of food.
- ‘You is trying to change the subject,’ the Giant said sternly. ‘We is having an interesting babblement about the taste of the human bean. The human bean is not a vegetable.'” — Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “‘Words,’ he said, ‘is oh such a twitch-tickling problem to me all my life.’ — Best Roald
- “‘What I mean and what I say is two different things,’ the BFG announced rather grandly.” — Best Roald Dahl Quotes
Roald Dahl Book Quotes
- “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”-Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. He taught me that if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it, and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be.”-My Uncle Oswald, Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “The witching hour, somebody had once whispered to her, was a special moment in the middle of the night when every child and every grown-up was in a deep deep sleep, and all the dark things came out from hiding and had the world all to themselves.”-The BFG, Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “Never do anything by halves if you want to get away with it. Be outrageous. Go the whole hog.”-Matilda, Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “There are a whole lot of things in this world of ours you haven’t started wondering about yet.”-James and the Giant Peach, Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”-The Twits, Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “I understand what you’re saying, and your comments are valuable, but I’m gonna ignore your advice.” -Fantastic Mr. Fox, Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “Most of the really exciting things we do in our lives scare us to death. They wouldn’t be exciting if they didn’t.” -Danny, The Champion of the World, Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “‘We must hurry!’ said Mr. Wonka. ‘We have so much time and so little to do! No! Wait! Strike that! Reverse it!'” -Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “‘The matter with human beans,’ the BFG went on, ‘is that they is absolutely refusing to believe anything unless they is actually seeing it right in front of their own schnozzles.'” -Matilda, Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “There are a whole lot of things in this world of ours you haven’t even started wondering about yet.” -James and the Giant Peach, Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “Nothing is any fun if you can get as much of it as you want. Especially money.” -The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More, Best Roald Dahl Quotes
Roald Dahl Matilda Quotes
- “And don’t worry about the bits you can’t understand. Sit back and allow the words to wash around you, like music.”— Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “I’m right and you’re wrong, I’m big and you’re small, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”— Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “There is little point in teaching anything backwards. The whole object of life, Headmistress, is to go forwards.”— Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “The books transported her into new worlds and introduced her to amazing people who lived exciting lives. She went on olden-day sailing ships with Joseph Conrad. She went to Africa with Ernest Hemingway and to India with Rudyard Kipling. She travelled all over the world while sitting in her little room in an English village.”— Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “Matilda said, ‘Never do anything by halves if you want to get away with it. Be outrageous. Go the whole hog. Make sure everything you do is so completely crazy it’s unbelievable…'”— Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “I’ve always said to myself that if a little pocket calculator can do it why shouldn’t I?”— Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “What she needed was just one person, one wise and sympathetic grown-up who could help her.”— Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “It’s a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.”— Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “‘I’m wondering what to read next.’ Matilda said. ‘I’ve finished all the children’s books.'”— Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen. If only they would read a little Dickens or Kipling they would soon discover there was more to life than cheating people and watching television.”— Best Roald Dahl Quotes
- “If you are good life is good.”— Best Roald Dahl Quotes
Roald Dahl Quotes Charlie and The Chocolate Factory
- “The kids who are going to find the Golden Tickets are the ones who can afford to buy bars of chocolate every day. Our Charlie gets only one a year. There isn’t a hope.”
- “Everything in this room is eatable, even I am eatable! But that is called cannibalism and is in fact frowned upon in most societies. Yeah, Enjoy!”
- “Chewing gum is really gross. It's what I hate the most.”
- “Oh, my sainted aunt! Don’t mention that disgusting stuff in front of me! Do you know what breakfast cereal is made of? It’s made of all those little curly wood shavings you find in pencil sharpeners!”
- “Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.”
- "Uh I just want to ask about the chocolate. Uh the lifetime supply of chocolate for Charlie. When does he get it?"
- “In the town itself, actually within sight of the house in which Charlie lived, there was an ENORMOUS CHOCOLATE FACTORY! Just imagine that! And it wasn’t simply an ordinary enormous chocolate factory, either. It was the largest and most famous in the whole world!”
- "The only meals they could afford were bread and margarine for breakfast, boiled potatoes and cabbage for lunch, and cabbage soup for supper.”
- “Everything in this room is edible. Even I’m edible. But, that would be called canibalism. It is looked down upon in most societies.”
- “That's just it, isn't it. I make the candy, I fell like, but now I fell terrible so the candy's terrible! You're very good.”
- “But there was one other thing that the grown-ups also knew, and it was this: that however small the chance might be of striking lucky, the chance is there. The chance had to be there.”
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness
36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers
100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids Between the Age of 4-15 Years!
36 Instagram Story Questions to Get Closer With Your Followers