40 Heartwarming Childhood Quotes to Reminiscence the Sweet Old TimeMar 09, 2021 07:45 PM Childhood Quotes - Photo by Jessica West from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Our childhood holds lifetime memories that we often miss. You might need to revisit the sweet old time with some childhood quotes to warm your heart. Tripboba has selected the best childhood quotes for you, so make sure to keep scrolling and find your fave lines!
Quotes about childhood
Here are some childhood quotes that remind us how precious childhood friendships are.
- “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “New friends may be poems but old friends are alphabets. Don’t forget the alphabets because you will need them to read the poems.” — William Shakespeare
- “Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side.” — Ally Condie
- “You don't have to have anything in common with people you've known since you were five. With old friends, you've got your whole life in common.” — Lyle Lovett
Quotes about childhood friendships
- “The best mirror is an old friend.” — George Herbet
- “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.” — Aristotle
- “Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “As in the case of wines that improve with age, the oldest friendships ought to be the most delightful.” — Cicero
- “Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Childhood friends are the benchmark of our lives, no matter where we go, what we do. They will always come by and take you to the place where you belong.” — Burhan Din Wani
Childhood lovers quotes
Some of us might have a childhood lover in the past. Read these childhood quotes to remind you how sweet the bond was.
- “Childhood sweethearts, that is how they used to call us which I really don’t understand back then. Only when I lived decades of my life and saw our old pictures together that I noticed, we looked so perfect for each other. That longing I have for you back in college and until now is more than friendly feelings after all. Realization, I have loved you all my life.” — Unknown
- “You can’t comprehend the meaning of soul mate as an adult unless you’ll go back in time and reminisce the joy that you've felt when you where still young with your first love, your childhood sweetheart." — Unknown
- “If there is someone in the past that you'll remember for the rest of your life, it would be your childhood sweetheart. The exhilarating sensation when you hold hands, the magical feeling of that first kiss will forever linger in your heart and mind and no matter what have been; you will keep longing for those very special days with smile on your lips.” — Unknown
- "Through the rain and sunshine, hand in hand we have laughed, we have cried. Danced under the moon light, hide and seek at night and through it all, after 20 years you and I sleep on the same bed as we both take care of the fruit of our love that we nurtured way back when we were young." — Unknown
- "Nothing can be compared with the bond that childhood sweethearts share." — Unknown
- "Childhood sweetheart's affection is one of the purest forms of love as it is base on companionship rather than any worldly things." — Unknown
Childhood memories quotes
Reminiscence your memories in the past with these relatable childhood quotes.
- “Childhood memories were like airplane luggage; no matter how far you were traveling or how long you needed them to last, you were only ever allowed two bags. And while those bags might hold a few hazy recollections—a diner with a jukebox at the table, being pushed on a swing set, the way it felt to be picked up and spun around—it didn’t seem enough to last a whole lifetime.” ― Jennifer E. Smith, This Is What Happy Looks Like
- “Memories of childhood were the dreams that stayed with you after you woke.” ― Julian Barnes, England, England
- “Don't you wish you could take a single childhood memory and blow it up into a bubble and live inside it forever?” ― Sarah Addison Allen, Lost Lake
- “Childhood Is the Best of All the Seasons of Life, And the Longer It Lasts with Happy Memories, Stronger the Emotional Stability in Adulthood”.” ― Venugopal Acharya
- “We grow up but we never grow old because we are tied to the beautiful memories of our past, especially our childhood. Never loose the child in you. For me, having a heart of a child is still beautiful. It makes me feel alive.” ― Verliza Gajeles
- “Either I can go back to my childhood or my childhood can come forth to me. This is what I'm desperately wishes...” ― Hira Shahid Kazim
- “Does childhood really happen? Do we imagine it? Everyone remembers something else....” ― Kiana Davenport, Shark Dialogues
- “Aching familiar in a way that made me wish I was still eight. Eight was before death or divorce or heartbreak. Eight was just eight. Hot dogs and peanut butter, mosquito bites and splinters, bikes and boogie boards. Tangled hair, sunburned shoulders, Judy Blume, in bed by nine thirty.” ― Jenny Han, It's Not Summer Without You
- “Never stop screaming, playing and laughing, it's part of our childhood wich will always be with us.” ― Romina Noriega
- “The child I was is just one breath away from me.” ― Sheniz Janmohamed, Firesmoke
Quotes about early childhood education
Here are some valuable childhood quotes about early childhood education to remind us how children are supposed to be raised.
- “Free the child’s potential, and you will transform him into the world.” ― Maria Montessori
- “If you’re going to equalize the academic playing field, you’ve got to get the kids in early childhood programs.” ― Paul Vallas quotes
- “Never help a child with a task at which he feels he can succeed.” ― Maria Montessori
- “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” ― Frederick Douglass
- “We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.” ― Stacia Tauscher
- “Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression. ― Dr. Hiam Ginnot
- “If a child lives with approval, he learns to live with himself.” ― Dorothy Law Nolte
Childhood trauma quotes
Not all childhood memories are beautiful. Sometimes we had bitter experiences as a child. Here are some childhood quotes that are relatable to us survivors.
- “You may have terrible memories from your childhood . . . horrific memories that no one should live through. Especially not a child. If this has been your experience, and you've placed those memories in a vault, locked them away, and buried the key, who could blame you? But, by doing so, what else--besides your memories--have you placed in that vault? May I gently suggest that perhaps you've climbed in there yourself, closed the door, and locked it behind you? If so, you may be effectively locking out those who could help you.” ― Kevin Leman, What Your Childhood Memories Say about You . . . and What You Can Do about It
- “Childhood anxieties, childhood fears, never disappear entirely. They fade, but not away.” ― Lauren Bacall, By Myself and Then Some
- “As a child I felt myself to be alone, and I am still, because I know things and must hint at things which others apparently know nothing of, and for the most part do not want to know.” ― Carl Gustav Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections
- “It's never too late to have a happy childhood.” ― Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker
- “Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days.” ― Flannery O'Connor, Mystery and Manners: Occasional Prose
- “Childhood should be carefree, playing in the sun; not living a nightmare in the darkness of the soul.” ― Dave Pelzer, A Child Called "It"
- “It's not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It's our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.” ― L.R. Knost, Two Thousand Kisses a Day: Gentle Parenting Through the Ages and Stages
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness