40 Iconic Velveteen Rabbit Quotes That Show You How to be RealJul 30, 2021 11:58 PM Velveteen Rabbit Quotes - Photo by Victoria_Borodinova from Pixabay
Tripboba.com - As one of the most popular British children's books, The Velveteen Rabbit has been awarded the IRA/CBC Children’s choice award. This book is written by Margery Williams and illustrated by William Nicholson.
Are you interested to read the book? The following Velveteen Rabbit quotes may become a good sneak peek before you read it yourself.
Or else, if you are done reading the book but missing your favorite Velveteen Rabbit quotes, you need to keep scrolling through this article. Because through this article, Tripboba will share with you 40 iconic Velveteen Rabbit quotes.
What are those 40 Velveteen Rabbit quotes? Let's check them out!
Quotes from Velveteen RabbitVelveteen Rabbit Quotes - Photo by Annie Spratt from Pixabay
- "The Rabbit could not claim to be a model of anything, for he didn’t know that real rabbits existed; he thought they were all stuffed with sawdust like himself, and he understood that sawdust was quite out-of-date and should never be mentioned in modern circles." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "Why it’s a mass of scarlet fever germs!—Burn it at once. What? Nonsense! Get him a new one. He mustn’t have that anymore!" - Velveteen Rabbit
- "For nursery, magic is very strange and wonderful, and only those playthings that are old and wise and experienced like the Skin Horse understand all about it." - The Skin Horse
- "‘It doesn’t happen all at once,’ said the Skin Horse. ‘You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept.‘" - The Skin Horse
- "That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "Between them, all the poor little Rabbit was made to feel very insignificant and commonplace, and the only person who was kind to him at all was the Skin Horse." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "He was wise, for He had seen a long succession of mechanical toys arrive to boast and swagger, and by-and-by break their mainsprings and pass away, and He knew that they were only toys, and would never turn into anything else." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "The mechanical toys were very superior, and looked down upon everyone else; they were full of modern ideas and pretended they were real." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "Even began to lose his shape, and He scarcely looked like a rabbit anymore, except to the Boy." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "And so the little Rabbit was put into a sack with the old picture-books and a lot of rubbish, and carried out to the end of the garden behind the fowl-house." - Velveteen Rabbit
The Velveteen Rabbit QuotesVelveteen Rabbit Quotes - Photo by 5311692 from Pixabay
- "For at least two hours the Boy loved him, and then Aunts and Uncles came to dinner, and there was a great rustling of tissue paper and unwrapping of parcels, and in the excitement of looking at all the new presents the Velveteen Rabbit was forgotten." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "He took the Velveteen Rabbit with him, and before he wandered off to pick flowers, or play at brigands among the trees, he always made the Rabbit a little nest somewhere among the bracken, where he would be quite cozy, for he was a kind-hearted little boy and he liked Bunny to be comfortable." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "But very soon he grew to like it, for the Boy used to talk to him, and made nice tunnels for him under the bedclothes that he said were like the burrows the real rabbits lived in." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "The Skin Horse had lived longer in the nursery than any of the others. He was so old that his brown coat was bald in patches and showed the seams underneath, and most of the hairs in his tail had been pulled out to string bead necklaces." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "He was naturally shy and being only made of velveteen, some of the more expensive toys quite snubbed him." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "That?’ said the doctor. ‘Why it’s a mass of scarlet fever germs!—Burn it at once. What? Nonsense! Get him a new one. He mustn’t have that anymore!‘" - Velveteen Rabbit
- "He gave one leap and the joy of using those hind legs was so great that he went springing about the turf on them, jumping sideways and whirling round as the others did, and he grew so excited that when at last he did stop to look for the Fairy she had gone." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "And about his little soft nose and his round black eyes, there was something familiar so that the Boy thought to himself: ‘Why he looks just like my old Bunny that was lost when I had scarlet fever!’ But he never knew that it really was his own." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "‘I don’t feel like it,’ said the Rabbit, for he didn’t want to explain that he had no clockwork. ‘Ho!’ said the furry rabbit. ‘It’s as easy as anything,’ And he gave a big hop sideways and stood on his hind legs. ‘I don’t believe you can!’ he said." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "Even Timothy, the jointed wooden lion, who was made by the disabled soldiers, and should have had broader views, put on airs and pretended He was connected with Government. Between them, all the poor little Rabbit was made to feel very insignificant and commonplace, and the only person who was kind to him at all was the Skin Horse." - Velveteen Rabbit
Velveteen Rabbit Quotes RealVelveteen Rabbit Quotes - Photo by saralcassidy from Pixabay
- "When you are Real you don’t mind being hurt." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "‘I am Real!’ said the little Rabbit. ‘I am Real! The Boy said so!’ And he nearly began to cry." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "Real isn’t how you are made,” said the Skin Horse. “It’s a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real." - The Skin Horse
- "‘He doesn’t smell right!’ he exclaimed. ‘He isn’t a rabbit at all! He isn’t real!’" - The Boy
- "'You were Real to the Boy,’ the Fairy said, ‘because he loved you. Now you shall be Real to everyone.'" - The Nursery Magic Fairy
- "‘I am the nursery magic Fairy,’ she said. ‘I take care of all the playthings that the children have loved. When they are old and worn out and the children don’t need them anymore, then I come and take them away with me and turn them into Real.‘" - The Nursery Magic Fairy
- "Of what use was it to be loved and lose one’s beauty and become Real if it all ended like this?" - Velveteen Rabbit
- "Real isn’t how you are made,” said the Skin Horse. “It’s a thing that happens to you." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "The Boy’s Uncle made me Real,” He said. ‘That was a great many years ago, But once you are Real you can’t become unreal again. It lasts for always.’" - Velveteen Rabbit
- "He longed to become Real, to know what it felt like; and yet the idea of growing shabby and losing his eyes and whiskers was rather sad. He wished that He could become it without these." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "You must have your old Bunny!” she said. “Fancy all that fuss for a toy!” The Boy sat up in bed and stretched out his hands. “Give me my Bunny!” He said. “You mustn’t say that. He isn’t a toy. He’s REAL!" - Velveteen Rabbit
Velveteen Rabbit Quotes Love
- "‘Wasn’t I Real before?’ asked the little Rabbit. ‘You were Real to the Boy,’ the Fairy said, ‘because he loved you.'" - Velveteen Rabbit
- "Weeks passed, and the little Rabbit grew very old and shabby, but the Boy loved him just as much." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "“One night, and for many nights after, the Rabbit was chosen to sleep with the Boy. The Rabbit was so happy that he never noticed his beautiful velveteen fur was getting shabbier, and his tail coming unsewn, and all the pink rubbed off his nose where the Boy had kissed him." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "One day the little Rabbit heard the Boy tell his Nanny that he was REAL. He was overcome by love in his heart." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "Over time the Rabbit grew older and despite how worn he became the Boy loved him even more." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "The boy loved him so much that his whiskers fell off and the pink lining to his ears turned grey." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "A mysterious flower began to grow where the Rabbit’s tear had fallen. It formed into a beautiful flower and blossomed and then opened. A fairy stepped out of it, came up to the Rabbit, and kissed him on his nose." - Velveteen Rabbit
- "Now you shall be Real to everyone." -Velveteen Rabbit
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness
36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers
100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids Between the Age of 4-15 Years!
36 Instagram Story Questions to Get Closer With Your Followers