40 Important Sex Education Quotes to Increase Our AwarenessAug 16, 2021 07:00 PM Sex Education Quotes - Photo by cottonbro from Pexels
Tripboba.com - I think we all agree that comprehensive sex education is quite important as many young people often receive confusing and conflicting information about relationships and sex, as they make the transition from childhood to adulthood.
Sex education isn’t merely about how to have sex— it actually also talks about the cognitive, emotional, physical, and social aspects of sexuality.
The UNESCO stated that sex education aims to “equip children and young people with knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values that will empower them to realize their health, well-being, and dignity; develop respectful social and sexual relationships; consider how their choices affect their own well-being and that of others; and understand and ensure the protection of their rights throughout their lives.”
So, there’s no denying that sex ed is crucial—and that’s why Tripboba has compiled up to forty sex education quotes from notable authors and figures in this segment. Aside from that, we’ve also got you covered with funny sex education quotes to give you a glimpse into the importance of sex ed in a more fun way.
Keep scrolling through our collection of sex education quotes now!
Quotes on sex education
Here are some of our sex education quotes for you to get started with.
- "Does sex education encourage sex? Many parents are afraid that talking about sex with their teenagers will be taken as permission for the teen to have sex. Nothing could be further from the truth. If anything, the more children learn abour sexuality from talking with their parents and teachers and reading accurate books, the less they feel compelled to find out for themselves." — Benjamin Spock
- "Sex education, including its spiritual aspects, should be part of a broad health and moral education from kindergarten through grade twelve, ideally carried out harmoniously by parents and teachers." — Benjamin Spock
- "Answering questions is a major part of sex education. Two rules cover the ground. First, always give a truthful answer to a question; secondly, regard sex knowledge as exactly like any other knowledge." — Bertrand Russell
- "In fact, I believe that we need better sex education in our own culture, here in America, so that young folk learn about things like venereal disease before they encounter it." — Piers Anthony
- "Let's make sure that we are working for age-appropriate sex education in our school system." — Wendy Davis
- "We have sex education - I'm for it, I'm not against it. But any curriculum should recognize that it's young people's job to invent it themselves. You're not going to teach them; they're going to reinvent it." — Bill Ayers
- "All we are asking for is balance. I would like to think that I could walk into a public library and find not only works by Gloria Steinem but also those of Phyllis Schlafly. I would like to think a teenager could be taught in sex education that a serious alternative to abortion is teenage abstinence, or should pregnancy occur, that adoption might be preferable. I am not trying, as the ad says, to shove religion down anyone's throat. But I do think everyone has a right, and that the Christian voice is being chocked off." — Cal Thomas
- "I am dedicated to ensuring reproductive health and freedom for all. Please join me in supporting Planned Parenthood's vital work to protect access to reproductive health care and real sex education worldwide." — Kathleen Turner
- “I flip ahead in the textbook. There's an interesting chapter about acid rain. Nothing about sex. We aren't scheduled to learn about that until eleventh grade.” ― Laurie Halse Anderson, Speak
Quotes about sex education
- “I think we are doing poor sex education if we don't look at how erotic behavior actually takes place, and offer people interventions that are reasonable. - Pat Califia” ― Tristan Taormino, Ultimate Guide to Kink: BDSM, Role Play and the Erotic Edge
- “Don't castrate, but educate, at least to masturbate!” ― Himmilicious
- “When a child reaches puberty, parents become so curious about their sex lives and whereabouts, put them behind bars to their own detriment. When such a child breaks free, don't be surprised to see him/her in porn movies.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
- “Since most parents are reluctant to talk about sex, schools have tried to fill the gap. In America, when we decide to ignore a subject, our favorite form of denial is to teach it incompetently. Familiarity without true understanding is not only the basis of our families but of our educational system as well.” ― Bob Smith, Openly Bob
- “I consider it completely irresponsible that public schools offer sex education but no systematic guidance to adolescent girls, who should be thinking about how they want to structure their future lives: do they want children, and if so, when should that be scheduled, with the advantages and disadvantages of each option laid out. Because of the stubborn biological burden of pregnancy and childbirth, these are issues that will always affect women more profoundly than men. Starting a family early has its price for an ambitions young woman, a career hiatus that may be difficult to overcome. On the other hand, the reward of being with one's children in their formative years, instead of farming out that fleeting and irreplaceable experience to day care centres or nannies, has an inherent emotional and perhaps spiritual value that has been lamentable ignored by second-wave feminism.” ― Camille Paglia, Free Women, Free Men: Sex, Gender, Feminism
- “If the goal of conservatives is to discourage young people from having sex, they should change their strategy and push to make comprehensive sexual education compulsory. Our educational system has proved that if a subject is taught in a boring enough manner, Americans will make every effort to avoid it for the rest of their lives. If homosexuality was taught in the same manner as trigonometry, even most gay people would have no use for it after graduation.” ― Bob Smith
- “What's happening outside church walls is happening inside church walls. It is all part of the human experience. Ignorance and lack of education about sex, sexual orientation, gender identities, and human sexuality in general have led to harmful assumptions and poor pastoral counsel.” ― Kathy Baldock, Walking the Bridgeless Canyon: Repairing the Breach Between the Church and the LGBT Community
Famous quotes about sex education
Have a look at the following sex education quotes from famous authors and figures.
- "Regarding sex education: no secrets!" — Albert Einstein
- "Sex is... perfectly natural. It's something that's pleasurable. It's enjoyable and it enhances a relationship. So why don't we learn as much as we can about it and become comfortable with ourselves as sexual human beings because we are all sexual?" — Sue Johanson
- "Sex education should be 'relationship education', focusing on how to achieve long-term commitment." — Mal Fletcher
- "You cannot have sex education without saying that sex is natural and that most people find it pleasurable." — Bruno Bettelheim
- "Sex education has to do with what's in people's head." — Donna Shalala
- "Parents aren't sex education experts just because they are parents." — Pepper Schwartz
- "In the sex education process in schools, the one thing that they teach about is how to get pregnant and how to not get pregnant. But they don't really talk about sex as a point of pleasure for women." — Ashton Kutcher
- "There should be a class on drugs. There should be a class on sex education-a real sex education class-not just pictures and diaphragms and 'un-logical' terms and things like that.....there should be a class on scams, there should be a class on religious cults, there should be a class on police brutality, there should be a class on apartheid, there should be a class on racism in America, there should be a class on why people are hungry, but there are not, there are classes on gym, physical education, let's learn volleyball." — Tupac Shakur
- "I was really lucky because I went to an all-girl school and that single sex education really helped me because I really learned to bond with women and to not compete with or compare myself as much because we were all allowed to be ourselves and be unique and kind of have our unique strengths." — Kerry Washington
- “Since most sexual abuse begins well before puberty, preventive education, if it is to have any effect at all, should begin early in grade school.” ― Judith Lewis Herman, Father-Daughter Incest: With a New Afterword
- “If children learn of sex as a relation between their parents to which they owe their own existence, they learn of it in its best form and in connection with its biological purpose.” ― Bertrand Russell, Marriage and Morals
- “Talk to her about sex, and start early. It will probably be a bit awkward, but it is necessary.” ― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions
- “Young women today are sold the idea that sexiness is the same as sexuality, that being desirable is more important than understanding their own desires.” ― Peggy Orenstein, Don't Call Me Princess: Essays on Girls, Women, Sex, and Life
- “Sex education is essential to create healthy self-knowledge and reconciliation, healthy conversation and understanding, healthy mind-sets and lifestyles.” ― Fatima Mohammed, Higher Heels, Bigger Dreams
Funny sex education quotes
Learn more about sex ed with these funny sex education quotes.
- "People want sex education out of the schools. They believe sex education causes promiscuity. Hey, I took algebra, but I never do math." — Elayne Boosler
- "The only sex education my mother ever gave me was the injunction: 'Never let a boy touch you down there.' I had no idea what she meant. She seemed to be referring to my knees." — Jeanette Winterson
- "I would think that if you understood what sex education is, you would get down on your knees and worship a condom." — Jane Fonda
- "In my day we didn't have sex education, we just picked up what we could off the television." — Victoria Wood
- "I don't worry too much about sex education in the schools. If the kids learn it like they do everything else, they won't know how." — Milton Berle
- "The best sex education for kids is when Daddy pats Mommy on the fanny when he comes home from work." — William H. Masters
- "When I went to school, sex education was mainly muttered warnings about the janitor." — Frankie Boyle
- "Sex education may be a good idea in the schools, but I don't believe the kids should be given homework." — Bill Cosby
- "I was raised in a small town. It was so small that our school taught driver's education and sex education in the same car." — Mary Sue Terry
- "My idea of the ideal sex education site doesn't exist." — Susie Bright
- "In opposition to sex education: Let the kids today learn it where we did - in the gutter." — Pat Paulsen
- “Learning to have sex from porn is like learning how to drive from the Fast and Furious. A bloody horrendous idea.” ― Jameela Jamil
- “Sex education is the only subject that will arouse the mind without illuminating it.” ― Mwanandeke Kindembo
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness