40 Inspiring Environment Quotes That Will Change Your Perspective on Our NatureMar 16, 2021 07:00 PM Environment Quotes - Photo by Porapak Apichodilok from Pexels
Tripboba.com - In honor of Earth Day, Tripboba has gathered up inspiring environment quotes to keep our spirit in taking care of this world we all share.
We should strive to do a better job for a more sustainable future, and we do hope that these words can motivate you even more to protect our one and only Earth.
Quotes about the environment
Protecting our planet starts with you. You can volunteer and remind others to understand the importance and value of our natural resources by spreading these environment quotes.
- “It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment.” ― Ansel Adams
- “The generation that destroys the environment is not the generation that pays the price. That is the problem.” ― Wangari Maathai
- “The world has a very serious problem, my friend' Shiva went on. 'Poor children still die by their millions. Westerners and the global rich -- like me -- live in post-scarcity society, while a billion people struggle to get enough to eat. And we're pushing the planet towards a tipping point, where the corals die and the forests burn and life becomes much, much harder. We have the resources to solve those problems, even now, but politics and economics and nationalism all get in the way. If we could access all those minds, though...” ― Ramez Naam, Crux
- “Every inhabitant of this planet must contemplate the day when this planet may no longer be habitable .. The weapons of war must be abolished before they abolish us.” ― John F. Kennedy
- “Who will bear witness to these small islands and oases of wildness as land is divided and sold to become strip malls, housing developments,and parking lots? What happens to the natural history here? We must bear witness.” ― Joni L. James, Dancing With Herons: Bearing Witness to Local Natural History
Save environment quotes
- “A hard lesson had been learned--that man himself suffers most when his hand despoils the earth and robs it of its legitimate fruits.” ― Lois Lenski, Texas Tomboy
- “A new respect for Nature had been learned, a new kinship with sun and water and soil....They had learned that while Nature is often beautiful and kind, her laws must be respected, for they are ruthless and inexorable as well. Man must accept these laws and adjust his way of living to them. Then only can he prosper.” ― Lois Lenski, Texas Tomboy
- “…environmental quality is higher where income is more equitably distributed, where more people are literate, and civil and political rights are better respected. It’s people power, not economic growth persay, that protects local air and water quality. Likewise, it is citizen pressure on government and companies for more stringent standards, not the mere increase in revenue that compels industries to switch to cleaner technologies.” ― Kate Raworth, Doughnut Economics: Seven Ways to Think Like a 21st-Century Economist
- “But what matters most is the aspiration to live in balance with nature, "walk lightly on the land," treat the earth as a mother. No surprise that to such a morality most industrial processes, work schedules, and products are suspect!” ― Ernest Callenbach, Ecotopia
- “There is no one as hypocritical as a man who massacred a tree in one place and cooled in the shadow of a tree in another place!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
Pope Francis environment quotes
Pope Francis is known to actively urge immediate steps to combat climate change, calling it imperative to act to save God’s creation. Here some environment quotes from the pontiff.
- "The earth, our home, is beginning to look more and more like an immense pile of filth. In many parts of the planet, the elderly lament that once beautiful landscapes are now covered with rubbish."
- "What kind of world do we want to leave to those who come after us, to children who are now growing up? The question not only concerns the environment in isolation; the issue cannot be approached piecemeal."
- "When I look at America, also my own homeland (South America), so many forests, all cut, that have become land... that can longer give life. This is our sin, exploiting the Earth and not allowing her to her give us what she has within her."
- "As stewards of God's creation, we are called to make the earth a beautiful garden for the human family. When we destroy our forests, ravage our soil and pollute our seas, we betray that noble calling."
- "Creation is not a property, which we can rule over at will; or, even less, is the property of only a few: Creation is a gift, it is a wonderful gift that God has given us, so that we care for it and we use it for the benefit of all, always with great respect and gratitude. Safeguard Creation. Because if we destroy Creation, Creation will destroy us! Never forget this!"
- "May the relationship between man and nature not be driven by greed, to manipulate and exploit, but may the divine harmony between beings and creation be conserved in the logic of respect and care."
- "I don't know if climate change is all man's fault, but the majority is. For the most part, it is man who continuously slaps down nature. We have, in a sense, lorded it over nature, over Sister Earth, over Mother Earth. I think man has gone too far."
- "When nature is viewed solely as a source of profit and gain, this has serious consequences for society."
- "Every creature, particularly a living creature, has intrinsic value, in its existence, its life, its beauty and its interdependence with other creatures."
- "In all religions, the environment is a fundamental good."
Leonardo DiCaprio quotes about environment
Leonardo Dicaprio is famous for two things: being an excellent actor and also being a frontman for the environment and sustainable development. Take a look at these environment quotes from him.
- “The time to answer the greatest challenge of our existence on this planet is now. You can make history or be vilified by it.”
- “We only get one planet. Humankind must become accountable on a massive scale for the wanton destruction of our collective home. Protecting our future on this planet depends on the conscious evolution of our species.”
- “As we progress into the 21st century, anyone who considers themselves realists will have to make the environment a top priority. The truth is our planet's alarm is now going off, and it's time to finally wake up and take action. Thank you."
- “This is not about just telling people to change their light bulbs or to buy a hybrid car. This disaster has grown beyond the choices that individuals make. This is now about our industries, and governments around the world taking decisive, large-scale action.”
- “We are running out of time and it now incumbent upon all of us, all of you, activists, young and old, to please get involved. Because the environment and the fight for the world’s poor are inherently linked. The planet can no longer wait, the underprivileged can no longer be ignored. This is truly our moment for action. Please take action.”
- “Climate change is real. It is happening right now, it is the most urgent threat facing our entire species and we need to work collectively together and stop procrastinating.”
- “If you do not believe in climate change, you do not believe in facts or in science or empirical truths, and therefore, in my humble opinion, should not be allowed to hold public office.”
- “No more talk, no more excuses, no more 10-year studies. This is the body that can do what is needed, all of you sitting in this very hall. The world is now watching. You will either be lauded by future generations or vilified by them.”
- "I want to share this award with all the first nation's people represented in this film and all the indigenous communities around the world. It is time that we recognize your history and that we protect your indigenous lands from corporate interests and people that are out there to exploit them. It is time we heard your voice and protected this planet for future generations."
- “You are the last, best hope of Earth. We ask you to protect it. Or we, and all living things we cherish, are history.”
Quotes on environment pollution
Here are some environment quotes on pollution to remind us of the scale of our environmental problem and inspire us to live a more sustainable life.
- “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “One must be a sea, to receive a polluted stream without becoming impure.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
- “Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans.” ― Jacques-Yves Cousteau
- “You wouldn't think you could kill an ocean, would you? But we'll do it one day. That's how negligent we are.” ― Ian Rankin, Blood Hunt
- “Because normal human activity is worse for nature than the greatest nuclear accident in history.” ― Martin Cruz Smith
- “Love is in the air but the air is highly polluted” ― Amit Abraham
- “Talking about pollution, nobody's holy. They who pollute, sinned against nature.” ― Toba Beta
- “The internal combustion engine, one of the greatest technological advancements in history, has an unfortunate downside, namely air pollution so thick that, very soon, sixty-four packs of crayons will include the color Sky Brown” ― Cuthbert Soup, A Whole Nother Story
- “Industrialization, pollution, deforestation--basically all human activity--has lessened the amount of magic left in the world.” ― Lindsey Leavitt, Princess for Hire
- “Even the ocean is scared of the small drop of water -that is contaminated, lest it should ignite a chain of deaths!” ― Priyavrat Thareja
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness