45 Gatsby Quotes on Love and Life That Will Blow Your MindJul 29, 2021 10:30 PM Gatsby Quotes - Photo by yoppy from Flickr
Tripboba.com - Published in 1925, The Great Gatsby was one of the masterpieces of F. Scott Fitzgerald. The novel was about Jay Gatsby who is a millionaire and has Long Island as the setting. The novel mostly narrates about love and life, even until nowadays it still captivates the younger generations.
Here are 45 the Great Gatsby quotes handpicked by Tripboba just in case you are looking for them. You can freely add your favorite Gatsby quotes in the comment section below if you can not find them in this article.
Let's check out all of those Gatsby quotes handpicked by Tripboba first!
The Great Gatsby QuotesGatsby Quotes - Photo by Eva Rinaldi from Flickr
- "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - The Great Gatsby
- "She’s got an indiscreet voice,’ I remarked. ‘It’s full of—’ I hesitated. ‘Her voice is full of money,’ [Gatsby] said suddenly." - The Great Gatsby
- "Americans, while occasionally willing to be serfs, have always been obstinate about being peasantry." - The Great Gatsby
- "You make me feel uncivilized, Daisy,’ I confessed on my second glass of corky but rather impressive claret. ‘Can’t you talk about crops or something?’" - The Great Gatsby
- "Angry, and half in love with her, and tremendously sorry, I turned away." - The Great Gatsby
- "‘Oh, you want too much!’ she cried to Gatsby. ‘I love you now—isn’t that enough? I can’t help what’s past.’ [Daisy] began to sob helplessly. ‘I did love him once—but I loved you too.’" - The Great Gatsby
- "It excited him too that many men had already loved Daisy—it increased her value in his eyes. He felt their presence all about the house, pervading the air with the shades and echoes of still vibrant emotions." - The Great Gatsby
- "I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life." - The Great Gatsby
- "I couldn’t forgive him or like him but I saw that what he had done was, to him, entirely justified. It was all very careless and confused." - The Great Gatsby
- "Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther." - The Great Gatsby
- "There is no confusion like the confusion of a simple mind..." - The Great Gatsby
- "Human sympathy has its limits." - The Great Gatsby
The Great Gatsby QuotesGatsby Quotes - Photo by yoppy from Flickr
- "I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy." - The Great Gatsby
- "She wanted her life shaped now, immediately—and the decision must be made by some force—of love, of money, of unquestionable practicality—that was close at hand." - The Great Gatsby
- "At the enchanted metropolitan twilight I felt a haunting loneliness sometimes, and felt it in others—poor young clerks who loitered in front of windows waiting until it was time for a solitary restaurant dinner—young clerks in the dusk, wasting the most poignant moments of night and life." - The Great Gatsby
- "In my younger and more vulnerable years, my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since. ‘Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone,’ he told me, ‘just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.’" - The Great Gatsby
- "There must have been moments even that afternoon when Daisy tumbled short of his dreams—not through her own fault but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart." - The Great Gatsby
- "They had never been closer in their month of love nor communicated more profoundly one with another than when she brushed silent lips against his coat’s shoulder or when he touched the end of her fingers, gently, as though she were asleep." - The Great Gatsby
- "I can’t describe to you how surprised I was to find out I loved her, old sport. I even hoped for a while that she’d throw me over, but she didn’t, because she was in love with me too... Well, there I was, way off my ambitions, getting deeper in love every minute, and all of a sudden I didn’t care. What was the use of doing great things if I could have a better time telling her what I was going to do?" - The Great Gatsby
- "Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead." - The Great Gatsby
- "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." - The Great Gatsby
- "All I kept thinking about, over and over, was ‘You can’t live forever; you can’t live forever.’" - The Great Gatsby
- "Do you always watch for the longest day of the year and then miss it? I always watch for the longest day of the year and then miss it." - The Great Gatsby
Quotes from Great GatsbyGatsby Quotes - Photo by Dan Taylor-Watt from Flickr
- "My dear, most of these fellas will cheat you every time. All they think of is money. I had a woman up here last week to look at my feet and when she gave me the bill you’d of thought she had my appendix out." - The Great Gatsby
- "I bought a dozen volumes on banking and credit and investment securities and they stood on my shelf in red and gold like new money from the mint, promising to unfold the shining secrets that only Midas and Morgan and Maecenas knew." - The Great Gatsby
- "There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired." - The Great Gatsby
- "I wasn’t actually in love, but I felt a sort of tender curiosity." - The Great Gatsby
- "For a moment I thought I loved her. But I am slow-thinking and full of interior rules that act as brakes on my desires." - The Great Gatsby
- "He hadn’t once ceased looking at Daisy and I think he revalued everything in his house according to the measure of response it drew from her well-loved eyes. Sometimes, too, he stared around at his possessions in a dazed way as though in her actual and astounding presence none of it was any longer real. Once he nearly toppled down a flight of stairs." - The Great Gatsby
- "Then it was all true. I saw the skins of tigers flaming in his palace on the Grand Canal; I saw him opening a chest of rubies to ease, with their crimson-lighted depths, the gnawings of his broken heart." - The Great Gatsby
- "I usually find myself among strangers because I drift here and there trying to forget the sad thing that happened to me." - The Great Gatsby
- "Can’t repeat the past?... Why of course you can!" - The Great Gatsby
- "It takes two to make an accident." - The Great Gatsby
- "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library." - The Great Gatsby
Jay Gatsby Quotes
- "The transactions in Montana copper that made him many times a millionaire found him physically robust but on the verge of soft-mindedness, and, suspecting this, an infinite number of women tried to separate him from his money." - The Great Gatsby
- "I am still a little afraid of missing something if I forget that, as my father snobbishly suggested, and I snobbishly repeat, a sense of the fundamental decencies is parcelled out unequally at birth." - The Great Gatsby
- "They were careless people, Tom and Daisy—they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made." - The Great Gatsby
- "I hope she’ll be a fool—that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool." - The Great Gatsby
- "The exhilarating ripple of her voice was a wild tonic in the rain." - Teh Great Gatsby
- "Once in a while I go off on a spree and make a fool of myself, but I always come back, and in my heart, I love her all the time." - The Great Gatsby
- "And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees—just as things grow in fast movies—I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer." - The Great Gatsby
- "So we drove on toward death through the cooling twilight." - The Great Gatsby
- "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." - The Great Gatsby
- "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - The Great Gatsby
- "This isn’t just an epigram—life is much more successfully looked at from a single window, after all." - The Great Gatsby
That’s all Gatsby quotes handpicked by Tripboba, now it’s time to share yours!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness
36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers
100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids Between the Age of 4-15 Years!
36 Instagram Story Questions to Get Closer With Your Followers