45+ Mind-blowing Shawshank Redemption Quotes For Your Best Daily Inspiration About Hope!Aug 16, 2021 05:00 PM Photo by capitalgazette.com
Tripboba.com - The Shawshank Redemption is an all-time great movie with its highest rank on IMDb. It was released back in 1994 with a super plot twist at the end of the movie.
These Shawshank Redemption quotes might be your best inspiration not to give up on life.
Quotes from Shawshank Redemption
The struggle of Andy Dufresne had urged the other characters in the movie, especially Red, the inmate of him. Massive change in the mind and how they see the world of prison had massively influenced by Andy's escape.
Let's check out these Shawshank Redemption quotes with meaningful messages!
- "Andy Dufresne - who crawled through a river of s*** and came out clean on the other side."
- "Bad luck, I guess. It floats around."
- "Every man has his breaking point."
- "Get busy living, or get busy dying."
- "I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged."
- "I hope I can make it across the border."
- "I like to think the last thing that went through his head other than that bullet…"
- "I tell you those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream."
- "I’m telling you, these walls are funny."
- "That’s the beauty of music. they can’t get that from you."
- "That’s where I want to live the rest of my life — a warm place with no memory."
- "The funny thing is, on the outside i was an honest man."
- "The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry."
- "There's not a day goes by i don't feel regret."
- "They send you here for life, and that's exactly what they take."
The Shawshank Redemption QuotesPhoto by imtarunsingh.com
The Shawshank Redemption quotes are the best source of inspiration for those who is losing hope. You can always learn from what Andy Dufresne did to escape the prison. Let's check these out!
- “Bad luck, I guess. It floats around. It’s got to land on somebody. It was my turn, that’s all. I was in the path of the tornado. I just didn’t expect the storm would last as long as it has.”
- “Believe what you want. These walls are funny. First, you hate ‘em, then you get used to ‘em. After long enough, you get so you depend on ‘em. That’s ‘institutionalized.’”
- “By the year Kennedy was shot, Andy had transformed a broom closet smelling of turpentine into the best prison library in New England.”
- “Dear Warden, you were right. Salvation lay within.”
- “Every man’s got a breaking point.”
- “Geology is the study of pressure and time. That’s all it takes, pressure and time. That and a big damn poster.”
- “Get busy living, or get busy dying. That’s goddamn right.”
- “He had enough rocks to keep him busy ‘til rapture.”
- “His first night in the joint, Andy Dufresne cost me two packs of cigarettes. He never made a sound.”
- “I could see why some of the boys took him for snobby. He had a quiet way about him, a walk and a talk that just wasn’t normal around here. He strolled, like a man in a park without a care or worry in the world, like he had on an invisible coat that would shield him from this place. Yeah, I think it would be fair to say I liked Andy from the start.”
- “I don’t waste time on losers, Tommy.”
- “I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really: Get busy living, or get busy dying.”
- “I have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they’re gone. I guess I just miss my friend.”
- “I like to think the last thing that went through his head, other than that bullet, was how the hell that Andy Dufrense got the best of him.”
- “I remember thinking it would take a man 600 years to tunnel through the wall with it. Andy did it in less than 20.”
- “I think a man working outdoors feels more like a man if he can have a bottle of suds. That’s only my opinion.”
- “I’m a rockhound. At least I was in my old life. I’d like to be again, on a limited scale.”
- “In prison, a man’ll do most anything to keep his mind occupied.”
- “It’s funny. On the outside, I was an honest man. Straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook.”
- “It’s my life. Don’t you understand? It’s my life!”
Shawshank Redemption Movie Quotes
If you're in need of more inspiration and motivation, these lists of Shawshank Redemption quotes should be your best reminder. Let's check 'em out!
- “Hope is a dangerous thing. Drive a man insane.” — Ellis “Red” Redding
- “Mr. Stevens visited nearly a dozen banks in the Portland area that morning. All told, he blew town with more than $370,000 of Warden Norton’s money. Severance pay for 19 years.”
- “My wife used to say I’m a hard man to know. Like a closed book. Complained about it all the time.”
- “Not long after the warden deprived us of his company, I got a postcard in the mail. It was blank, but the postmark said Fort Hancock, Texas. Fort Hancock… right on the border. That’s where Andy crossed. When I picture him heading south in his own car with the top down, it always makes me laugh. Andy Dufresne: the man who crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side. Andy Dufresne… headed for the Pacific.”
- “Remember, Red: Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.” — Andy Dufresne
- “Same old shit, different day.”
- “She was beautiful. God, I loved her. I just didn’t know how to show it; that’s all. I killed her, Red. I didn’t pull the trigger, but I drove her away. And that’s why she died, because of me.”
- “That’s the one thing they can’t confiscate, not ever. That’s the beauty of it. Haven’t you ever felt that way about music, Red?”
- “There’s a big hayfield up near Buxton… one in particular. It’s got a long rock wall with a big oak tree at the north end. It’s like something out of a Robert Frost poem. It’s where I asked my wife to marry me. We went there for a picnic and made love under the oak, and I asked and she said yes. Promise me, Red. If you ever get out, find that spot. At the base of that wall, you’ll find a rock that has no earthly business in a Maine hayfield. Piece of black, volcanic glass. There’s something buried under it I want you to have.”
- “There’s a con like me in every prison in America, I guess. I’m the guy who can get it for you. Cigarettes, a bag of reefer if you’re partial, a bottle of brandy to celebrate your kid’s high school graduation. Damn near anything, within reason. Yes, sir, I’m a regular Sears & Roebuck.”
- “There’s a harsh truth to face. No way I’m gonna make it on the outside. All I do anymore is think of ways to break my parole, so maybe they’d send me back. Terrible thing, to live in fear. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won’t have to be afraid all the time. Only one thing stops me: a promise I made to Andy.”
- “There’s not a day goes by I don’t feel regret. Not because I’m in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed a terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try to talk some sense into him, tell him the way things are. But I can’t. That kid’s long gone, and this old man is all that’s left. I got to live with that.”
- “They send you here for life, and that’s exactly what they take. The part that counts, anyway.”
- “We sat and drank with the sun on our shoulders and felt like free men. Hell, we could have been tarring the roof of one of our own houses. We were the lords of all creation. As for Andy, he spent that break hunkered in the shade — a strange little smile on his face — watching us drink beer.”
- “What you hear isn’t even the half of it. He’s got scams you haven’t even dreamed of. Kickbacks on his kickbacks. There’s a river of dirty money running through this place.”
- “What’s that going to earn you? Two-and-a-half, three percent a year? We can do a lot better than that. So tell me, Mr. Dekins. Where do you want to send your kids? Harvard? Yale?”
- “Whatever mistakes I made, I paid for them and then some.”
- “Yes, sir, Andy was a regular H&R Block. In fact, he got so busy at tax time, he was allowed a staff… got me out of the woodshop a month out of the year, and that was fine by me.”
- “You need it so you don’t forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren’t made out of stone. That there’s a — there’s a — there’s something inside that’s yours, that they can’t touch.”
- “Zihuatanejo. It’s a little place in Mexico on the Pacific Ocean. Do you know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That’s where I want to live the rest of my life — a warm place with no memory.”
Famous Quotes from Shawshank RedemptionPhoto by independent.co.uk
The Shawshank Redemption is absolutely a masterpiece, adapted from a short story and it really was the best escape prison movie. These Shawshank Redemption quotes will blow your mind! Let’s check ‘em out!
- “I believe in two things: Discipline and the Bible. Here you’ll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord. Your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.” — Warden Samuel Norton
- “I find I’m so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think that’s the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.” — Ellis “Red” Redding
- “I’m not gonna count to three, I’m not even gonna count to one. You will shut the fuck up or I’ll sing you a lullaby!” — Capt. Byron Hadley
- “It’s a miracle — man up and vanished like a fart in the wind!” — Warden Samuel Norton
- “Red, I do believe you’re talking out of your ass.” — Floyd
- “So, I’m backing out the door, right, and I got the TV, like this; it was a big old thing. I couldn’t see shit. Suddenly, I hear this voice, ‘Police, kid! Hands in the air.’ You know, I was standing there, holdin’ on to that TV, so finally, the voice says, ‘You hear what I said, boy?’ And I say, ‘Yes sir, I sure did. But if I drop this fucking thing, you got me on destruction of property too.” — Tommy Williams
- “The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry.” — Brooks Hatlen
- Andy Dufresne: “Ah, chess. Now there’s a game of kings, knights, strategy…”
- Andy Dufresne: “I understand you’re a man who knows how to get things.”
- Andy Dufresne: “Since I am innocent of this crime, sir, I find it decidedly inconvenient the gun was never found.”
- Andy Dufresne: “What do you think?”
- D.A.: “You recall Lt. Mincher’s testimony? He and his men dragged that river for three days and nary a gun was found. So no comparison can be made between your gun and the bullets taken from the bloodstained corpses of the victims. That’s also rather convenient, isn’t it, Mr. Dufresne?”
- Ellis “Red” Redding: “And a total fucking mystery. I hate it!”
- Ellis “Red” Redding: “I’m known to locate certain things from time to time.”
- Ellis “Red” Redding: “King me.”
- Ellis “Red” Redding: “Rumor has it you’re a real cold fish. You think your shit smells sweeter than most. Is that right?”
- Ellis “Red” Redding: “Well, to tell you the truth, I haven’t made up my mind.”
- Ellis “Red” Redding: “You gonna open it or stand there with your thumb up your butt?”
- I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don’t wanna know. I would like to think they were singing about something so beautiful it can’t be expressed in words and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man at Shawshank felt free.” — Ellis “Red” Redding
- Tommy Williams: “Thumb up my butt sounds better.”
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness
36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers
100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids Between the Age of 4-15 Years!
36 Instagram Story Questions to Get Closer With Your Followers