45 Sad Depressing Quotes to Help You Through the Hard TimesJun 10, 2021 05:00 PM Sad Depressing Quotes - Photo by Polina Zimmerman from Pexels
Tripboba.com - When things get hard in life, they might cause us to spiral when we do not identify and address our true feelings. Feeling sad and a little bit depressed may be a natural response, but we shouldn’t let negative emotions control us.
You can take a look at our collection of sad depressing quotes to help you recognize what’s truly going on in your mind before acting hastily just to get out of the negative voices from your head. Tripboba has got you covered with 45 sad depressing quotes relating to self-harm, broken heart, and any other adversities we often find in our life.
We do hope that from these sad depressing quotes, you can learn that negativity does more harm than good so that you can better manage your emotion.
Sad and depressing quotes
Sad depressing cutting quotes
These sad depressing quotes may quite relatable for anyone attempting self-harm. Let’s take at it from a different perspective to help you find another better coping mechanism in dealing with your adversities.
- “Other times, I look at my scars and see something else: a girl who was trying to cope with something horrible that she should never have had to live through at all. My scars show pain and suffering, but they also show my will to survive. They're part of my history that'll always be there.” ― Cheryl Rainfield, Scars
- “In case you didn't know, dead people don't bleed. If you can bleed-see it, feel it-then you know you're alive. It's irrefutable, undeniable proof. Sometimes I just need a little reminder.” ― Amy Efaw, After
- “I stopped. She was bleeding after all. Perfect lines crossed her wrists, not near any crucial veins, but enough to leave wet red tracks across her skin. She hadn;t hit her veins when she did this; death hadn't been her goal.” ― Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy
- “Throughout it all, you are still, always, you: beautiful and bruised, known and unknowable.” ― Leila Sales, This Song Will Save Your Life
- “Self-harm - the world will come at you with knives anyway. You do not need to beat them to it.” ― Caitlin Moran, How to Build a Girl
- “people say things meant to rip you in half but you hold the power to not turn their words into a knife and cut yourself” ― rupi kaur, Milk and Honey
- “Hush little baby, Dont you cry, Dont cut your arms, Dont say goodbye. Put down that razor, Put down that light, It maybe hard but, You'll win this fight.” ― Emily Giffin
- “I just want to feel better. My own body is my deepest enemy. It wants, it wants, it wants and when it does not get, it cries and cries and I punish it. How can you live in fear of your own body?” ― Kathleen Glasgow, Girl in Pieces
- “...when I look at my arms, I don't think revolutionary. I think sad, and pain, but not revolutionary.” ― Kathleen Glasgow, Girl in Pieces
- “That's when I wanted to cut. I cut to quiet the cacophony. I cut to end this abstracted agony, to reel my selves back to one present and physical whole, whose blood was the proof of her tangibility.” ― Caroline Kettlewell, Skin Game
- "My body is a journal in a way. It's like what sailors used to do, where every tattoo meant something, a specific time in your life when you make a mark on yourself, whether you do it yourself with a knife or with a professional tattoo artist." — Johnny Depp
- “Girls are always saying things like, “I’m so unhappy that I’m going to overdose on aspirin,” but they’d be awfully surprised if they succeeded. They have no intention of dying. At the first sight of blood, they panic.” ― Rachel Klein, The Moth Diaries
- "You have so much pain inside yourself that you try & hurt yourself on the outside because you want help." — Princess Diana
- "I may not be in control of anything else, but I am in control of my body." — Karen Carpenter
- "I wish adults would spend less energy freaking out about the cutting itself and work harder to understand what drives kids to self-harm." — Laurie Halse Anderson
Sad depressing love quotes
These sad depressing quotes about love should remind you to stay in a healthy relationship.
- "The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too." — Ernest Hemingway
- "You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." — Johnny Depp
- "Nothing hurts more than realizing they meant everything to you, but you meant nothing to them." — Maya Angelou
- "Everyone in life is gonna hurt you, you just have to figure out which people are worth the pain." — Bob Marley
- "Tears are words the heart can't express" — Gerard Way
- "Those who are heartless, once cared too much." — Frank Ocean
- "I was born when you kissed me. I died when you left me. I lived a few weeks while you loved me." — Humphrey Bogart
- "Walking alone is not difficult but when we have walked a mile worth a thousand years with someone then coming back alone is what is difficult." — Faraaz Kazi
- "When people can walk away from you: Let them walk." — T. D. Jakes
- "It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love." — Miguel de Unamuno
- "Part of me aches at the thought of her being so close yet so untouchable." — Nicholas Sparks
- "For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'." — John Greenleaf Whittier
- "How could an Angel break my heart? Why didn't he catch my falling star? I wish I didn't wish so hard. Maybe I wished our love apart." — Toni Braxton
- "Love can be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion." — Javan
- "We just hide from the people we love. Sad, isn't it?" — C.C. Hunter
Sad depressing quotes Tumblr
We’ve also got you covered with sad depressing quotes from Tumblr.
- “I love sleeping. You don't miss anyone and you don't feel the pain.” — Perfectfeelings
- “The worst feeling is not getting a reply from someone you really want to talk to.” — Perfectfeelings
- “Everything hits harder at night.” — Perfectfeelings
- “Sometimes holding on does more damage than letting go.” — Perfectfeelings
- “Nobody deserves to fall asleep at night wondering why they weren’t enough.” — Perfectfeelings
- “Nothing hurts more than being ignored, replaced or forgotten.” — Thebrokenquotes
- “Even when I am not sad, I am not really happy.” — Thebrokenquotes
- “Among all the toys in the world, people choose feelings to play with.” — Thebrokenquotes
- “You broke me, then you left me to clean up the pieces.” — Thebrokenquotes
- “I’m the happiest depressed person you’ll ever meet.” — Thebrokenquotes
- “Running to the same hands that broke you will not heal you.” — Thebrokenquotes
- “Sorry I didn’t text back. I was busy staring at my ceiling wondering when the pain will end.” — Thebrokenquotes
- “Reason to Live #5713: So that everything younger me suffered, hoped, and waited for doesn't go to waste, and so that someday I can look in the mirror and be happy with who I see.” — randomreasonstolive
- “its difficult being aware of the damage i inflict on myself, watching myself fall apart at my own hands and not doing anything to stop it.” — Abnormall
- "This sadness in you is rooting deep, it will kill you eventually." — lostindarknessss
- How to Tell If a Girl Likes You: 9 Signs When a Girl Is Into You!
- 40+ Best Halloween Greetings to Accompany Your Spooky Night!
- Know How to Cite A Pdf in APA with This Helpful Guide
- 3 Ways How to Make Silicone Molds at Home, Easiest Tutorials Ever!
- 40+ My Son Quotes That Illustrate The Great Love from Parents to Their Son