50+ Best Man's Search for Meaning Quotes by Viktor FranklAug 23, 2021 03:15 PM Man's Search for Meaning Quotes - Photo by Victor from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Man's Search for Meaning is a 1946 book written by Viktor Frankl. He was an Australian psychologist who survived a concentration camp. The book tells about his experience as a prisoner in Nazi concentration camps during World War II and describing his psychotherapeutic method.
A lot of people around the globe are inspired by the book. This book had sold more than 16 million copies. If you are interested in Man's Search for Meaning Quotes, we have compiled 50 quotes by Frankl below. Enjoy reading!
Man's Search for Meaning QuotesMan's Search for Meaning Quotes - Photo by Rachel Claire from Pexels
These Man's Search for Meaning Quotes will help you to understand the meaning of love, life, suffering.
- “Man is capable of changing the world for the better if possible, and of changing himself for the better if necessary.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather must recognize that it is he who is asked. In a word, each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life; to life, he can only respond by being responsible.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “What is demanded of man is not, as some existential philosophers teach, to endure the meaninglessness of life, but rather to bear his incapacity to grasp its unconditional meaningfulness in rational terms.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life; everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. Thus, everyone’s task is unique, as is his specific opportunity to implement it.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Woe to him who saw no more sense in his life, no aim, no purpose, and therefore no point in carrying on.” ― Victor E. Frankl
- “A man who could not see the end of his “provisional existence” was not able to aim at an ultimate goal in life.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “It is we ourselves who must answer the questions that life asks of us, and to those questions, we can respond only by being responsible for our existence.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “A man’s concern, even his despair, over the worthwhileness of life is an existential distress but by no means a mental disease.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Life is not primarily a quest for pleasure, as Freud believed, or a quest for power, as Alfred Adler taught, but a quest for meaning.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor FranklMan's Search for Meaning Quotes - Photo by Pixabay from Pexels
Man's Search for Meaning book by Viktor Frankl focuses on inner freedom, love, hope, and responsibility. To understand the meaning of life, check Man's Search for Meaning below.
- “In some ways, suffering ceases to be suffering at the moment it finds a meaning, such as the meaning of a sacrifice.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “To suffer unnecessarily is masochistic rather than heroic.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Man does not simply exist but always decides what his existence will be, what he will become the next moment. By the same token, every human being has the freedom to change at any instant.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “It is not freedom from conditions, but it is the freedom to take a stand toward the conditions.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Forces beyond your control can take away everything you possess except one thing, your freedom to choose how you will respond to the situation. You cannot control what happens to you in life, but you can always control what you will feel and do about what happens to you.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Once an individual’s search for a meaning is successful, it not only renders him happy but also gives him the capability to cope with suffering.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “I believe that my handicap will only enhance my ability to help others. I know that without the suffering, the growth that I have achieved would have been impossible.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
Viktor Frankl Man's Search for Meaning Quotes
If you are questioning meaning in life, you are not alone. There are writers, thinkers, even doctors who asked themselves the same quotes about the meaning of life. We have rounded up more Man's Search for Meaning Quotes by Frankl to inspire you.
- “Life is like being at the dentist. You always think that the worst is still to come, and yet it is over already.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “So live as if you were living already for the second time and as if you had acted the first time as wrongly as you are about to act now!” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “The meaning of your life is to help others find the meaning of theirs.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Life is potentially meaningful under any conditions, even those which are most miserable. And this in turn presupposes the human capacity to creatively turn life’s negative aspects into something positive or constructive. In other words, what matters is to make the best of any given situation.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “An abnormal reaction to an abnormal situation is normal behavior.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “No man should judge unless he asks himself in absolute honesty whether in a similar situation he might not have done the same.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “I do not forget any good deed done to me & I do not carry a grudge for a bad one.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Human kindness can be found in all groups, even those which as a whole it would be easy to condemn.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Fear makes come true that which one is afraid of.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “There are things which must cause you to lose your reason or you have none to lose.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “No one has the right to do wrong, even if wrong has been done to them.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “The immediate influence of behavior is always more effective than that of words.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Long ago we had passed the stage of asking what was the meaning of life, a naïve query which understands life as the attaining of some aim through the active creation of something of value.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “For the meaning of life differs from man to man, from day to day and from hour to hour. What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person’s life at a given moment.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
Mans Search for Meaning by Viktor FranklMan's Search for Meaning Quotes - Photo by Lukas Rychvalsky from Pexels
The book depicted Frankl's experiences as a prisoner in Nazi concentration camps. You can learn everything about life from Man's Search for Meaning Quotes by Frankl.
Hopefully, these quotes can help you find the meaning of life and live with purpose and feel a sense of fulfillment.
- “As for the concept of collective guilt, I personally think that it is totally unjustified to hold one person responsible for the behavior of another person or a collective of persons.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Those who have a ‘why to live, can bear with almost any ‘how’.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “For the world is in a bad state, but everything will become still worse unless each of us does his best.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “The more one forgets himself—by giving himself to a cause to serve or another person to love—the more human he is and the more he actualizes himself.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “The truth-that love is the highest goal to which man can aspire.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “The salvation of man is through love and in love.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “It is well known that humor, more than anything else in the human make-up, can afford an aloofness and an ability to rise above any situation, even if only for a few seconds.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Humor was another of the soul’s weapons in the fight for self-preservation.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “No one can become fully aware of the very essence of another human being unless he loves him.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Love is the only way to grasp another human being in the innermost core of his personality.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
Well, those are Man's search for meaning quotes by Frankl. You can share them to those who are searching for meaning.
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness