50+ Best Sherlock Quotes: The Most Famous Detective of All TimeAug 03, 2021 11:00 PM Sherlock Holmes Quotes - Photo by Julian Balogh from Flickr
Tripboba.com - Sherlock Holmes is well known as a fictional private detective that Sir Arthur Conan Dyle created. He was also known for his observation, deduction, forensic science, and logical reasoning.
Besides, Sherlock Holmes is also considered the most famous detective of all time.
Along with it, you can scroll to the best and memorable Sherlock quotes, as Tripboba has compiled below.
Let's get started!
Sherlock Holmes Quotes
Here are some Sherlock quotes that you can copy-paste.
- “You have a grand gift for silence, Watson. It makes you quite invaluable as a companion.” — Arthur Conan Doyle, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
- “Oh, hell! What does that matter?! So we go around the sun! If we went around the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference! All that matters to me is the work! Without that, my brain rots. Put that in your blog — or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world!” — Sherlock BBC series (spoken by Benedict Cumberbatch)
- “You see, but you do not observe.” — Arthur Conan Doyle, A Scandal in Bohemia.
- “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.” — Arthur Conan Doyle, A Scandal in Bohemia.
- “When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?” — Arthur Conan Doyle, The Sign of Four.
- “Watson. Come at once if convenient. If inconvenient, come all the same.” — Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Creeping Man
- “Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring.” —Sherlock BBC Series (spoken by Benedict Cumberbatch)
- “To a great mind, nothing is little.” — Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study in Scarlet.
- “Crime is common. Logic is rare.” — Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
- “The devil’s due a soul, I’d say.” — Sherlock Holmes 2009 Film Adaptation (spoken by Robert Downey Jr.)
Sherlock Holmes Quotes BBCSherlock Holmes Quotes - Photo by marcosavm from Flickr
Here are the other Sherlock quotes. Make sure you write your favorite one!
- “I don’t shave for Sherlock Holmes. - "You should put that on a t-shirt.”
- "Don't let it get to you. I always feel like screaming when you walk into a room. In fact, so do most people."
- “I'm not dead, let's have dinner."
- “Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring!”
- “Yes, thank you for your input.”
- “All lives end; all hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage, Sherlock.”
- "In a world of locked rooms the man with the key is king. And honey, you should see me in a crown.”
- “A nice murder. That’ll cheer you up.”
Sherlock Holmes Famous Quotes
Check out the following quotes of Sherlock quotes that are famous.
- “My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people do not know.” — Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
- “Ive always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof.” — Sherlock BBC Series (spoken by Benedict Cumberbatch)
- “I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation. That is why I have chosen my own particular profession, or rather created it, for I am the only one in the world.” — Arthur Conan Doyle, The Sign of the Four.
- “A good detective knows that every task, every interaction, no matter how seemingly banal, has the potential to contain multitudes.” — Elementary CBS Series (spoken by Jonny Lee Miller)
- “The game is afoot.” — Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Abbey Grange.
Best Sherlock Holmes QuotesSherlock Holmes Quotes - Photo by Pedro Cobiaco from Flickr
If you are a fan of the 21st century, you can see the following best Sherlock quotes below.
- “I’m in shock. Look- I’ve got a blanket!”
- “Don't reply, just look frightened and scuttle.”
- “Ooh, you bastard!”
- “People leave their bodies to science. I think cannibals would be so much more grateful.”
- “Marriage changes you as a person in ways that you can't imagine." - "So does lethal injection.
- “It’s OK." - "It’s not OK." - "No, but it is what it is.”
- “I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but it's usually sub-text.”
- "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them."
Best Sherlock Quotes
More about Sherlock quotes below:
- “There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.”― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Boscombe Valley Mystery - a Sherlock Holmes Short Story
- “Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.”― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Valley of Fear
- “You have a grand gift for silence, Watson. It makes you quite invaluable as a companion.”― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Sherlock Holmes
- “Education never ends, Watson. It is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, His Last Bow
- “My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people do not know.”― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle - a Sherlock Holmes Short Story
- “What you do in this world is a matter of no consequence. The question is what can you make people believe you have done.”― Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study in Scarlet
- “My mind," he said, "rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation. That is why I have chosen my own particular profession, or rather created it, for I am the only one in the world.”― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Sign of Four
- “Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
- “It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but that you are a conductor of light. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it.”― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- “I am a brain, Watson. The rest of me is a mere appendix.”― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone
- “The game is afoot.”― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Adventure of the Abbey Grange
- “To a great mind, nothing is little,' remarked Holmes, sententiously.”― Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study in Scarlet
- “I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.”― Steven Moffat, A Study In Pink
- “How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?”― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Sign of Four
- “Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.”― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches - a Sherlock Holmes Short Story
- “A man always finds it hard to realize that he may have finally lost a woman's love, however badly he may have treated her.”― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Musgrave Ritual
- “I am somewhat exhausted; I wonder how a battery feels when it pours electricity into a non-conductor?”― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Dying Detective
- “No man burdens his mind with small matters unless he has some very good reason for doing so.”― Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study in Scarlet
Thank you for visiting Tripboba and reading all those Sherlock quotes above. Hope you like it!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness
36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers
100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids Between the Age of 4-15 Years!
36 Instagram Story Questions to Get Closer With Your Followers