50 Empathy Quotes: A Complete Collection of Quotes You Should Never Miss!May 27, 2021 12:30 PM Empathy Quotes - Photo by Anna Shvets from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Human is a unique and amazing entity God has created. They can feel various emotions that make them different from the other living creatures in the universe. It can be feelings, behavioral responses, degree of pleasure or displeasure, and many more.
One of the emotions that humans usually feel in their life is called empathy. This is the ability of a human being to understand and share the feeling. In most cases, people usually place themselves in another person's positions as if they feel the same emotions.
Tripboba has prepared 50 collections of empathy quotes just for you. Take a look at the wonderful selections of empathy quotes down below and pick the best one for you!
Quotes About Empathy
To feel various emotions is the blessings that make humans different from the other living creatures in this entire universe. There are lots of emotions that humans can feel.
Sad, happy, worry, fear, relief, joy, excitement, and many more. Not only feeling the emotions by themselves, but a human could also sharing the feelings. It is called empathy.
Here are the collections of empathy quotes that you should never miss.
- "I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization." ― Roger Ebert
- "The great gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy, we can all sense a mysterious connection to each other." ― Meryl Streep
- "Sometimes all a person wants is an empathetic ear; all he or she needs is to talk it out. Just offering a listening ear and an understanding heart for his or her suffering can be a big comfort." ― Roy T. Bennett
- "Our bodies have five senses: touch, smell, taste, sight, hearing. But not to be overlooked are the senses of our souls: intuition, peace, foresight, trust, empathy. The differences between people lie in their use of these senses; most people don't know anything about the inner senses while a few people rely on them just as they rely on their physical senses, and probably even more." ― C. JoyBell C.
- "Empathy isn’t just listening, it’s asking the questions whose answers need to be listened to. Empathy requires inquiry as much as imagination. Empathy requires knowing you know nothing. Empathy means acknowledging a horizon of context that extends perpetually beyond what you can see." ― Leslie Jamison, The Empathy Exams
- "It's the hardest thing in the world to go on being aware of someone else's pain." ― Pat Barker
- "All I ever wanted was to reach out and touch another human being not just with my hands but with my heart." ― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me
- "It’s not so much the journey that’s important; as is the way that we treat those we encounter and those around us, along the way" ― Jeremy Aldana
- "To embrace suffering culminates in greater empathy, the capacity to feel what it is like for the other to suffer, which is the ground for unsentimental compassion and love. (157)" ― Stephen Batchelor, Confession of a Buddhist Atheist
- "I call him religious who understands the suffering of others." ― Mahatma Gandhi
Quotes on EmpathyEmpathy Quotes - Photo by Howdy Hada from Pexels
Check out the amazing selections of empathy quotes that will fit your taste. Tripboba has carefully selected various quotes on empathy just for you!
- "Empathy nurtures wisdom. Apathy cultivates ignorance." ― Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
- "I felt the kind of desperation, I think, that cancels the possibility of empathy...that makes you unkind." ― Sue Miller, While I Was Gone
- "Even though I didn't think I'd like empathy it kind of creeps up on you and makes you feel all warm and glowy inside. I don't think I want to go back to life without empathy." ― Kathryn Erskine, Mockingbird
- "What dooms our best efforts to cultivate empathy and compassion is always, of course, other people." ― Tim Kreider, We Learn Nothing
- "We are what we are: a handful of dust, and although life remains a temporal enterprise, we recognize we have a mission. Through resilience and empathy, we can take a walk on the path of thought and wonder and brighten up the hazy remains of the day. (“A handful of dust”)" ― Erik Pevernagie
- "Faith keeps our ships moving, while empathy and the memories of our experiences lead to wisdom." ― Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
- "I think I'm an actor because I have a very strong imagination and empathy. I never studied acting, but those two qualities are exactly the qualities that make for an activist." ― Susan Sarandon
- "Seeing with the eyes of another, listening with the ears of another, and feeling with the heart of another." ― Alfred Adler
- "Empathy is the ability to step outside of your own bubble and into the bubbles of other people. Empathy is the ability that allows us to be useful creatures on this planet; without empathy, we are a waste of oxygen in this world. Without empathy, we are lower than animals. Empathy is the ability that allows us the perception of things around us, outside of ourselves; so a person without empathy is a limited human being, someone who will only live half of life." ― C. JoyBell C.
- "It is not learning we need at all. Individuals need learning but the culture needs something else, the pulse of light on the sea, the warm urge of huddling together to keep out the cold. We need empathy, we need the eyes that still can weep." ― Lydia Millet, Oh Pure and Radiant Heart
Quotes About Compassion and Empathy
- "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." ― Dalai Lama
- "Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little." ― Buddha
- "If it is not tempered by compassion, and empathy, reason can lead men and women into a moral void. (95)"― Karen Armstrong, Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life
- "A truly compassionate attitude toward others does not change even if they behave negatively or hurt you." ― Dalai Lama XIV
- "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." ― Henry Ward Beecher
- "Compassion, in which all ethics must take root, can only attain its full breadth and depth if it embraces all living creatures and does not limit itself to mankind." ― Albert Schweitzer
- "Our task must be to free ourselves… by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty." ― Albert Einstein
- "...It also taught me that while cruelty can be fun for a few moments, compassion has a much longer shelf life." ― Doreen Orion, Queen of the Road: The True Tale of 47 States, 22,000 Miles, 200 Shoes, 2 Cats, 1 Poodle, a Husband, and a Bus with a Will of Its Own
- "We can’t heal the world today but we can begin with a voice of compassion, a heart of love, an act of kindness." ― Mary Davis
- "Life is an exciting business, and most exciting when it is lived for others." ― Helen Keller
Famous Quotes About EmpathyEmpathy Quotes - Photo by Min An from Pexels
Do not miss the collections of famous empathy quotes down below. Take your time to check the collections of empathy quotes and pick your favorite!
- "Empathy is important, openness, honesty, and an understanding for others." – Niko Kovac
- "Empathy is a tool for building people into groups, for allowing us to function as more than self-obsessed individuals." – Neil Gaiman
- "Empathy begins with understanding life from another person's perspective. Nobody has an objective experience of reality. It's all through our own individual prisms." – Sterling K. Brown
- "Empathy is a skill like any other human skill - and if you get a chance to practice, you can get better at it." – Simon Baron-Cohen
- "An exchange of empathy provides an entry point for a lot of people to see what healing feels like." – Tarana Burke
- "Human morality is unthinkable without empathy." – Frans de Waal
- "Empathy is about finding echoes of another person in yourself." – Mohsin Hamid
- "A love of reading shows empathy, the desire to understand how others live or act or might act - and why." – Celeste Ng
- "A prerequisite to empathy is simply paying attention to the person in pain." – Daniel Goleman
Empathy Quotes for Kids
- "The opposite of anger is not calmness. It’s empathy." – Mehmet Oz
- "When you start to develop your powers of empathy and imagination, the whole world opens up to you." – Susan Sarandon
- "Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping him up." – Jesse Jackson
- "Learning to stand in somebody else’s shoes, to see through their eyes, that’s how peace begins. And it’s up to you to make that happen. Empathy is a quality of character that can change the world." – Barack Obama
- "If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours." – Dolly Parton
- "Empathy grows as we learn." – Alice Miller
- "The great gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy, we can all sense a mysterious connection to each other." – Meryl Streep
- "No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care." – Theodore Roosevelt
- "Empathy may be the single most important quality that must be nurtured to give peace a fighting chance." – Arundhati Ray
- "Leadership is about empathy." – Oprah Winfrey
Those are all the collections of empathy quotes that have been curated by Tripboba just for you. From all 50 empathy quotes above, which one you like the most?
Tripboba hopes this article about empathy quotes could bring you light. Have a wonderful day, everyone!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness
36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers
100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids Between the Age of 4-15 Years!
36 Instagram Story Questions to Get Closer With Your Followers