50+ Feeling Hurt Quotes That Hit You Straight in the HeartAug 05, 2021 05:30 PM Feeling Hurt Quotes - Photo by Anete Lusina from Pexels
Tripboba.com - “Being hurt is a part of being alive.” — Sam Robert
Though unpleasant, we often experience pains in our life. Though it hurts, it’s actually what makes us humans, and there’s nothing wrong with it! All pains are temporary, so understand that if you’re feeling miserable right now, that too shall pass.
Thankfully some words can help you cope. Here Tripboba has selected some relatable feeling hurt quotes which hopefully can console you at your worst time. Scroll down and see the feeling hurt quotes that truly hit home!
Words and feeling hurt quotes: when words hurt
Words hold immense power, and carelessly choosing your words can hurt others. If you’ve ever been hurt by someone verbally, you might find that the following feeling hurt quotes are quite relevant to you.
- “Because even the smallest of words can be the ones to hurt you, or save you.” ― Natsuki Takaya
- “A torn jacket is soon mended, but hard words bruise the heart of a child.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me.” This is a lie. What we say matters. The unkind things we communicate can soil the best of relationships; even with the deepest of regrets…what lingers is a stain of hurt that may fade but will never truly go away. The wounding words we say are like feathers released in a harsh wind, once said; we will never get them back.” ― Jason Versey, A Walk with Prudence
- “Strange how mean words can return to ones thoughts, years after they’ve been callously thrown at you. They replay in your mind, spiking a sense of remembered pain. Nasty name calling can be an ugly memory that stabs unexpectedly—not unlike a nightmare where you wake up crying. Sticks and stones, may break your bones—yet, cruel names can hurt you.” ― Nikki Sex, Abuse
- “Yes, a person can accept your apology and forgive you for what you’ve said, but they will never forget how you made them feel at that very moment. Words can stick in a person’s mind, heart, and spirit long after the words have been spoken. Don’t be in denial; words have GREAT power. Be wise when you speak!” ― Stephanie Lahart
- “Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can never hurt you…unless you believe them. Then, they can destroy you.” ― Charles F. Glassman, Brain Drain The Breakthrough That Will Change Your Life
- “There are some people that should stay quiet, because they understand. As there are those that should stay quiet, because they don't understand. Some things are better left unsaid or voiced.” ― Anthony Liccione
Quotes about feeling hurt
- “Mason knew what it was like to say things you didn’t mean, to just have them vomit out, and then feel that crushing ache when you realized you could never pull them back.” ― Dan Krokos, The Planet Thieves
- “I am accountable for every lie that I tell, but I am also accountable for the effects of every harsh truth I deliver.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich, Being Bold: Quotes, Poetry, & Motivations for Every Day of the Year
- “Dogs bite sometimes, people bite at all times, with their hurtful words” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Honesty hurts and depending on the situation you should really think twice about your words. They can be hurtful and have a bad influence. Once they leave your mouth they can cause allot of soul damage and heartache.” ― Lily Amis, Leo Mousi, Refugees Unwanted!
Feeling hurt love quotes
It’s beyond sad whenever someone who’s important to us hurts our feelings—either intentionally or not. Here are some feeling hurt quotes that may be so relatable to you right now and find that can help comfort you.
- “Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.” ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
- “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” ― Nicholas Sparks
- “I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.” ― C. S. Lewis
- “You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- “The worst type of crying wasn't the kind everyone could see--the wailing on street corners, the tearing at clothes. No, the worst kind happened when your soul wept and no matter what you did, there was no way to comfort it. A section withered and became a scar on the part of your soul that survived. For people like me and Echo, our souls contained more scar tissue than life.” ― Katie McGarry, Pushing the Limits
- “Pain is a pesky part of being human, I've learned it feels like a stab wound to the heart, something I wish we could all do without, in our lives here. Pain is a sudden hurt that can't be escaped. But then I have also learned that because of pain, I can feel the beauty, tenderness, and freedom of healing. Pain feels like a fast stab wound to the heart. But then healing feels like the wind against your face when you are spreading your wings and flying through the air! We may not have wings growing out of our backs, but healing is the closest thing that will give us that wind against our faces.” ― C. JoyBell C.
- “Just because one person's problem is less traumatic than another's doesn't mean they're required to hurt less” ― J.A. Redmerski, The Edge of Never
- “Do you know the feeling, when your heart is so hurt, that you could feel the blood dripping?” ― Lady Gaga
- “I'm not really sure why. But... do you stop loving someone just because they betray you? I don't think so. That's what makes the betrayal hurt so much - pain, frustration, anger... and I still loved her. I still do.” ― Brandon Sanderson, The Final Empire
- “Why is there ever this perverse cruelty in humankind, that makes us hurt most those we love best?” ― Jacqueline Carey, Kushiel's Chosen
- “Warriors should suffer their pain silently.” ― Erin Hunter, Into the Wild
- “I still own my heart, which I know because it hurts so much.” ― Emilie Autumn
- “Yes, I understand why things had to happen this way. I understand his reason for causing me pain. But mere understanding does not chase away the hurt. It does not call upon the sun when dark clouds have loomed over me. Let the rain come then if it must come! And let it wash away the dust that hurt my eyes!” ― Jocelyn Soriano, Mend My Broken Heart
- “In a perverse way, I was glad for the stitches, glad it would show, that there would be scars. What was the point in just being hurt on the inside? It should bloody well show.” ― Janet Fitch
- “A void in my chest was beginning to fill with anger. Quiet, defeated anger that guaranteed me the right to my hurt, that believed no one could possibly understand that hurt.” ― Rachel Sontag, House Rules
- “Everyone always wants to know how you can tell when it's true love, and the answer is this: when the pain doesn't fade and the scars don't heal, and it's too damned late.” ― Jonathan Tropper, The Book of Joe
- “Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.” ― Wallace Stegner, The Spectator Bird
- “The worst wounds, the deadliest of them, aren't the ones people see on the outside. They're the ones that make us bleed internally.” ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Infamous
- “As the light begins to intensify, so does my misery, and I wonder how it is possible to hurt so much when nothing is wrong.” ― Tabitha Suzuma, Forbidden
Forgiveness and feeling hurt quotes: forgiving someone who hurt you
Holding grudges to people who’ve hurt us wastes our time and energy, and the only thing that set us free is to forgive them and move on. Here are some relatable feeling hurt quotes for you brave souls who’ve decided to put an end to all the pettiness people try to throw at you.
- “Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Manon, Ballerina
- “When you hold a grudge, you want someone else’s sorrow to reflect your level of hurt but the two rarely meet.” ― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
- “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you're allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “So the fact that I’m me and no one else is one of my greatest assets. Emotional hurt is the price a person has to pay in order to be independent.” ― Haruki Murakami, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running
- “There will always be someone willing to hurt you, put you down, gossip about you, belittle your accomplishments and judge your soul. It is a fact that we all must face. However, if you realize that God is a best friend that stands beside you when others cast stones you will never be afraid, never feel worthless and never feel alone.” ― Shannon Alder
- “To be rejected by someone doesn't mean you should also reject yourself or that you should think of yourself as a lesser person. It doesn't mean that nobody will ever love you anymore. Remember that only ONE person has rejected you at the moment, and it only hurt so much because to you, that person's opinion symbolized the opinion of the whole world, of God.” ― Jocelyn Soriano, Mend My Broken Heart
- “Those who really love you don't mean to hurt you and if they do, you can't see it in their eyes but it hurts them too.” ― Holly Black
- “Because they are mean is no reason why I should be. I hate such things, and though I think I've a right to be hurt, I don't intend to show it. (Amy March)” ― Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
- “You are not a victim. No matter what you have been through, you're still here. You may have been challenged, hurt, betrayed, beaten, and discouraged, but nothing has defeated you. You are still here! You have been delayed but not denied. You are not a victim, you are a victor. You have a history of victory.” ― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
- “Cuz how do you know yer alive if you don't hurt?” ― Patrick Ness, The Ask and the Answer
- “Don't lock yourself away from those who care about you because you think you'll hurt them or they'll hurt you. What point is there in being human if you don't let yourself feel anything?” ― Sabaa Tahir, A Torch Against the Night
- “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness