50+ Hurt Quotes That Hit You Straight in the HeartMar 05, 2021 05:15 PM
Words hurt quotes
Words hold immense power, and carelessly choosing your words can hurt others. If you’ve ever been hurt by someone verbally, you might find that the following hurt quotes quite relevant to you.
- “Because even the smallest of words can be the ones to hurt you, or save you.” ― Natsuki Takaya
- “A torn jacket is soon mended, but hard words bruise the heart of a child.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me.” This is a lie. What we say matters. The unkind things we communicate can soil the best of relationships; even with the deepest of regrets…what lingers is a stain of hurt that may fade but will never truly go away. The wounding words we say are like feathers released in a harsh wind, once said; we will never get them back.” ― Jason Versey, A Walk with Prudence
- “Strange how mean words can return to ones thoughts, years after they’ve been callously thrown at you. They replay in your mind, spiking a sense of remembered pain. Nasty name calling can be an ugly memory that stabs unexpectedly—not unlike a nightmare where you wake up crying. Sticks and stones, may break your bones—yet, cruel names can hurt you.” ― Nikki Sex, Abuse
- “Yes, a person can accept your apology and forgive you for what you’ve said, but they will never forget how you made them feel at that very moment. Words can stick in a person’s mind, heart, and spirit long after the words have been spoken. Don’t be in denial; words have GREAT power. Be wise when you speak!” ― Stephanie Lahart
- “Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can never hurt you…unless you believe them. Then, they can destroy you.” ― Charles F. Glassman, Brain Drain The Breakthrough That Will Change Your Life
- “There are some people that should stay quiet, because they understand. As there are those that should stay quiet, because they don't understand. Some things are better left unsaid or voiced.” ― Anthony Liccione
- “Mason knew what it was like to say things you didn’t mean, to just have them vomit out, and then feel that crushing ache when you realized you could never pull them back.” ― Dan Krokos, The Planet Thieves
- “I am accountable for every lie that I tell, but I am also accountable for the effects of every harsh truth I deliver.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich, Being Bold: Quotes, Poetry, & Motivations for Every Day of the Year
- “Dogs bite sometimes, people bite at all times, with their hurtful words” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Honesty hurts and depending on the situation you should really think twice about your words. They can be hurtful and have a bad influence. Once they leave your mouth they can cause allot of soul damage and heartache.” ― Lily Amis, Leo Mousi, Refugees Unwanted!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness
36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers
100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids Between the Age of 4-15 Years!
36 Instagram Story Questions to Get Closer With Your Followers