50 Top Paris Quotes That Will Make You Inspired by The City of LoveAug 05, 2021 11:30 PM Paris Quotes - Photo by Anthony Tan from Unsplash
Tripboba.com - Are you one of those who wish to visit Paris one day? If so, great! Because we have a good collection of Paris quotes for your reading season today.
As we all know, Paris is a perfect place for couples. If you want to go there alone, though, it’s totally fine! When you are in the city, there are lots of things to enjoy and discover. From the culture, the people, the destinations, to the scrumptious foods and drinks.
Until you go there, reading the following Paris quotes by Tripboba will do you no harm. If anything, you will be inspired. Let’s get started!
Paris Attacks Quotes
In November 2015, the lovely Paris city got attacked that caused 137 deaths. What a sad day that was!
You probably want to know Paris attacks quotes to, at least, know the aftermath of the event. Here is what Tripboba found:
- “It was terrifying. There was lots of screaming, lots of panic, lots of blood. People threw themselves to the ground but then they just started firing at random at the people on the ground. That was when I thought we had to get out. We were around five metres from the stage, so we hid behind a speaker, then we ran backstage to the dressing rooms. We could still hear rounds and rounds of gunfire as we ran up flights of stairs and someone forced a trap door open onto the roof. A man from a neighbouring building took us into his apartment. There were 40 of us in the flat. We heard the shots. Later we heard the load bang of the police assault. I was separated from my son who was in a different apartment and I now just want to find him.” – Frédéric Nowak
- “It lasted for ten minutes. Ten minutes... ten horrific minutes where everybody was on the floor covering their head. We heard so many gunshots and the terrorists were very calm, very determined. They reloaded three or four times their weapons. They didn’t shout anything. They didn’t say anything. They were unmasked and wearing black clothes and they were shooting at people on the floor, executing them... I have some friends right now who are still inside the theater who are hiding, because they are not sure if there are still terrorists in there, and they are hiding in some kind of room in the dark. They texted me, and they are very afraid, of course, and they are waiting for the police to intervene, but it’s been over two hours now. This is terrible. What happened was terrible, horrific. I mean, honestly, 15 minutes, 10 minutes of gunshots firing randomly in a small concert room.” – Julien Pearce
- “Truthfully, I can’t imagine how it doesn’t change [the administration’s] approach. When you give this kind of organization this much freedom of movement and go after it this incrementally, people shouldn’t be surprised by things like the aircraft bombing.” – Michael E. Leiter
- “During the debate last week, I stated that we should not admit those claiming to be Syrian refugees and was condemned by the left for that position. I was right and the events in Paris affirm that. Even the far left and politically correct government of France has closed its borders.” – Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R)
- “Syrians left Syria in dangerous ways to live in peace, but the killers followed them to Europe.” – Moaz Shaklab
- “Europe today is in crisis — much greater crisis than France. The social fabric of Europe is coming apart. The eurozone is not going to crumble, I don’t think we are going to see lots of countries leave Europe. What it means to be Europe, the idea of shared values that matter more than just the economic interests of creating a common market — that is going away and so is the transatlantic relationship, which is at its weakest — the alliance — at any point certainly since the Soviet Union has crumbled.” – Ian Bremmer
- “Attacks like the ones tonight in Paris are committed to purposely trigger an Islamophobic backlash. That backlash is not an unintended consequence of such attacks, it is part of their logic. ISIS types want an Islamophobic backlash because it lends credence to their narrative that there is a war between the West and Islam. By strengthening and emboldening the xenophobic right-wing in Europe, they strengthen their own worldview as well. And the most tragic irony is that that backlash may target refugees who themselves had been fleeing ISIS’ reign of terror. Thoughts with everyone in Paris tonight. May the forces who wish to beget an apocalyptic “war of civilizations” be defeated.” – Nader Atassi
- “The cab ride I just had home was the saddest 25 minutes I’ve experienced from another human being. This Muslim cab driver said I was his 1st customer the past 2 hours tonight because of the Attacks in Paris. People have been scared because of NYC being on high alert. For 25 minutes, I had to tell this stranger, this human being like you & I, that he was not a part of what was happening and how sorry I was people were looking at him with fear or anger. He cried the whole way to my apartment and it made me cry too. He kept saying, “Allah, my God does not believe in this! People think I’m a part of this and I’m not. Nobody wants to drive with me because they feel unsafe. I can’t even do my job.” It was one of the most heartbreaking moments I’ve ever experienced in my whole life. He was such a sweet guy, around my age. He couldn’t have been older than 25.” – @alexmalloyy on Twitter
- “Day after day, the globalization of terrorism becomes more evident. This is the one of the biggest challenges we are facing. We must stand with the innocent people around the world who are suffering or have lost their loved ones as a result of terrorism.” ― Widad Akrawi
Paris Love Quotes
More than a half decade later after the attack, Paris is now back again in serving beauty, good memory, fun experiences, and its special self. Though it’s still limited due to COVID-19 just like the world, Paris is now still a desirable destination for many.
Until you find the right date to head to Paris, you can spend your time here to read these Paris quotes. Let’s take a look below:
- “To know Paris is to know a great deal.” – Henry Miller
- “Breathe Paris in. It nourishes the soul.” – Victor Hugo
- “Paris is a place where, for me, just walking down a street that I’ve never been down before is like going to a movie or something. Just wandering the city is entertainment.” – Wes Anderson
- “The streets of Paris had a way of making me stop in my tracks, my heart suspended. They seemed saturated with presence, even if there was no one there but me. These were places where something could happen, or had happened, or both; a feeling I could never have had at home in New York, where life is inflected with the future tense.” – Lauren Elkin
- “Paris is unquestionably a city for lovers, and it has been a privilege and a delight to discover so many of its wonders by his side.” – Mary McAuliffe
- “Paris is a city where time is best to spend by doing nothing.” – Erich Maria Remarque
- “To study in Paris is to be born in Paris!” – Victor Hugo
- “If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “There was a florist at the corner, closed for the night. I stopped in my tracks. Along with the heavy branches of lilacs and tangled stems of forsythia was a fluffy mound of tiny sleeping chicks- a living, breathing Easter basket. Paris continued to surprise me; instead of the slick consumerism of a twenty-first-century world capital, it was the little things, the living things, that made me smile.” – Elizabeth Bard
- “He who contemplates the depths of Paris is seized with vertigo. Nothing is more fantastic. Nothing is more tragic. Nothing is more sublime.” – Victor Hugo
- “Paris is a heaven for all women’s obsessions: hot men, great chocolates, scrumptious pastries, sexy lingerie, cool clothes but, as any shoe-o-phile knows, this city is a hotbed of fabulous shoes.” – Kirsten Lobe
- “There should be a name for the syndrome that occurs when you’re in Paris and you already miss it.” – Rosecrans Baldwin
- “I guess it goes to show that you just never know where life will take you. You search for answers. You wonder what it all means. You stumble, and you soar. And, if you’re lucky, you make it to Paris for a while.” – Amy Thomas
- “People wonder why so many writers come to live in Paris. I’ve been living ten years in Paris and the answer seems simple to me: because it’s the best place to pick ideas. Just like Italy, Spain or Iran are the best places to pick saffron. If you want to pick opium poppies you go to Burma or South-East Asia. And if you want to pick novel ideas, you go to Paris.” – Roman Payne
- “Paris is the only city in the world where starving to death is still considered an art.” – Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Paris Quotes in French
One can’t deny that French is among the sexiest and romantic languages. If you’re interested in learning French, these Paris quotes in French are totally lovely for your learning season.
Or you can use these French Paris quotes as your captions on your social media. Just French it, as they say!
- “Oh! si tu pouvais lire dans mon coeur, tu verrais la place où je t’ai mise! (If you could read my heart, you would see the place I have given you there)” — Gustave Flaubert
- “Car, vois-tu, chaque jour je t’aime davantage, aujourd’hui plus qu’hier et bien moins que demain. (For, you see, each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow)” — Rosemonde Gérard
- “La vie est une fleur dont l’amour est le miel. (Life is a flower, of which love is the honey)” — Victor Hugo
- “Il n’y a qu’un bonheur dans la vie, c’est d’aimer et d’être aimé. (There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved)” — George Sand
- “Quand on n’a que l’amour / Pour tracer un chemin / Et forcer le destin / A chaque carrefour. (Translation: When we have only love / to show the way / and change the course of fate / at every crossroad)” — Jacques Brel (Quand on a que l’amour)
- “Entre deux cœurs qui s’aiment, nul besoin de paroles. (Translation: Two hearts in love need no words)” — Marceline Desbordes-Valmore
- “Aimer, ce n’est pas se regarder l’un l’autre, c’est regarder ensemble dans la même direction. (Love doesn’t mean gazing at each other, but looking, together, in the same direction)” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “L’amour fait les plus grandes douceurs et les plus sensibles infortunes de la vie. (Love makes life’s sweetest pleasures and worst misfortunes)” — Madeleine de Scudéry
- “L’amour est comme le vent, nous ne savons pas d’où il vient. (Love is like the wind, we never know where it will come from)” — Balzac
- “Quand il me prend dans les bras / Il me parle tout bas / Je vois la vie en rose. (Translation: When he takes me in his arms/ and speaks to me softly, / I see the world through rose-colored glasses)” — Edith Piaf (La vie en rose)
- “Quand on est aimé on ne doute de rien. Quand on aime, on doute de tout. (Those who are loved, doubt nothing. Those who love, doubt everything)” — Colette
Paris Hilton Quotes
Before we’re sharing Paris quotes, why don’t you read these Paris Hilton quotes for your daily inspiration. Not that this is related to Paris the city, but oh well!
If you a fan of Paris Hilton, these quotes from this article of Paris quotes are perfect for your daily inspiration. By reading them, you will know more about how she is.
- “No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.” – Paris Hilton
- “The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in.” – Paris Hilton
- “Every woman should have four pets in her life. A mink in her closet, a jaguar in her garage, a tiger in her bed, and a jackass who pays for everything.” – Paris Hilton
- “The way I see it, you should live everyday like its your birthday.” – Paris Hilton
- “Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins.” – Paris Hilton
- “I think it's important for girls to be confident. Believe in yourself and... everybody's hot.” – Paris Hilton
- “There's nobody in the world like me. I think every decade has an iconic blonde, like Marilyn Monroe or Princess Diana and, right now, I'm that icon.” – Paris Hilton
- “I hate the taste of alcohol. When I'm drinking, I'm drinking Red Bull.” – Paris Hilton
- “Some people change when they think they're a star or something.” – Paris Hilton
- “I'm not a kid anymore. And I'm excited for all the amazing things to come.” – Paris Hilton
- “I'm not the same person I was. I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute. It is not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me. I know now that I can make a difference, that I have the power to do that.” – Paris Hilton
- “I get along with guys; most of my friends are guys. It's easier to trust men sometimes. I only have a few close girlfriends that I trust.” – Paris Hilton
- “I get half a million just to show up at parties. My life is, like, really, really fun.” – Paris Hilton
- “I'm blonde and tanned and normal-sized! I'm sweet, shy, funny, have a big heart and I'm nice - and I like to eat.” – Paris Hilton
- “It will work. I am a marketing genius.” – Paris Hilton
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness