50 Top "The Outsiders" Quotes to Inspire You to Always Stay GoldAug 09, 2021 03:30 PM The Outsiders Quotes - Photo by Jumpingborders from Flickr
Tripboba.com - "The Outsiders" is a novel written by S.E Hinton. This coming-of-age novel was first published in 1967 by Viking Press.
The main story of The Outsiders is self-identity vs group identity. This novel was later made into a film directed by iconic screenwriter and filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola in 1983.
On this page, Tripboba is going to share with you a vast collection of The Outsiders quotes. These The Outsiders Quotes will inspire you to always stay gold!
Quotes from The OutsidersThe Outsiders Quotes - Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels
If you like The Outsiders quotes, let's check them up below. These The Outsiders quotes will resonate in the hearts of the readers and filmgoers.
- "Did you ever hear of having more than you wanted? So that you couldn't want anything else and then started looking for something else to want? It seems like we're always searching for something to satisfy us, and never finding it."- 'The Outsiders'
- "Why do I fight? I thought and couldn't think of any real good reason. There isn't any real good reason for fighting except self-defense."- 'The Outsiders'
- "Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold."- Johnny Cade
- "Nature's first green is gold, Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower; But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf. So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down today. Nothing gold can stay."- 'The Outsiders'
- "Maybe people are younger when they sleep."- 'The Outsiders'.
- "It's not just money. Part of it is, but not all. You greasers have a different set of values. You're more emotional. We're sophisticated - cool to the point of not feeling anything. Nothing is real with us."
- - 'The Outsiders'
- "You know a guy a long time, and I mean to know him, you don't get used to the idea that he's dead just overnight."- 'The Outsiders
- "I’d rather have anybody’s hate than their pity."- 'The Outsiders
- "In our neighborhood, it’s rare to find a kid who doesn’t drink once in a while. But Soda never touches a drop. He doesn’t need to. He gets drunk on just plain living."- 'The Outsiders'
- "But I was still lying and I knew it. I lie to myself all the time. But I never believe me."- 'The Outsiders
- "You'd better wise up, Pony... you get tough like me and you don't get hurt. You look out for yourself and nothin' can touch you… "- 'The Outsiders
- "Shut up about last night! I killed a kid last night. He couldn't have been over seventeen or eighteen, and I killed him. How'd you like to live like that?"- 'The Outsiders
- "It doesn't do any good, the fighting and the killing. It doesn't prove a thing."- 'The Outsiders
- "Johnny, I ain't mad at you. I just don't want you to get hurt. You don't know what a few months in jail can do to you. Oh, blast it, Johnny … you get hardened in jail. I don't want that to happen to you. Like it happened to me…"- 'The Outsiders
- "I liked my books and clouds and sunsets."- 'The Outsiders'
The Outsiders Movie QuotesThe Outsiders Quotes - Photo by jennyt2008 from Flickr
Other The Outsiders quotes are listed below. These quotes will take you inside the chaotic world of teenagers. They fought the demons with tough works to survive. Let's check them out.
- "Greasers will still be greasers and Socs will still be Socs. Sometimes I think it’s the ones in the middle that are the lucky stiffs."- Randy Anderson, Chapter Seven
- “Can you see the sunset real good on the Westside? You can see it on the East side too.”― S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
- “I've been thinking about it, and that poem, that guy that wrote it, he meant you're gold when you're a kid, like green. When you're a kid everything's new, dawn. It's just when you get used to everything that it's the day. Like the way, you dig sunsets, Pony. That's gold. Keep that way, it's a good way to be.”― Susan E. Hinton, The Outsiders
- "Dally didn't die a hero. He died violent and young and desperate, just like we all knew he'd die someday."- Johnny Cade,' The Outsiders'
- "There's still lots of good in the world."- Johnny Cade, 'The Outsiders'
- "Would you rather have me living in hide-outs for the rest of my life, always on the run?"- Johnny Cade,' The Outsiders'
- "Things were rough all over, but it was better that way. That way you could tell the other guy was human too."- 'The Outsiders'
- "When you're a kid everything's new, dawn. It's just when you get used to everything that it's the day. Like the way, you dig sunsets, Pony. That's gold. Keep that way, it's a good way to be."- Johnny Cade, 'The Outsiders'
- "He should never yell at Soda. Nobody should ever holler at my brother. I exploded. 'You don't yell at him!' I shouted."- 'The Outsiders
- "Even as the policemen's guns spit fire into the night I knew that was what Dally wanted. He was jerked half around by the impact of the bullets, then slowly crumpled with a look of grim triumph on his face. He was dead before he hit the ground."- 'The Outsiders'
- "It's okay. We aren't in the same class. Just don't forget that some of us watch the sunset too."- 'The Outsiders'
- "When I stepped out, into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman, and a ride home."- Ponyboy Curtis, 'The Outsiders'
- "Well, I won’t. But I gotta do something. It seems like there’s gotta be someplace without greasers or Socs, with just people. Plain, ordinary people."- 'The Outsiders'
- "Sixteen years on the streets and you can learn a lot. But all the wrong things, not the things you want to learn. Sixteen years on the streets and you see a lot. But all the wrong sights, not the things you want to see."- 'The Outsiders'
- "Why do you bother helping people, huh? It doesn't do any good."- Dallas Winston, 'The Outsiders'
- "I was crazy, you know that, Pony? I was crazy for wanting Johnny to stay out of trouble. If he was smart, like me, he wouldn't be in this mess."- Dallas Winston, 'The Outsiders
Important Quotes from the Outsiders
The stories of The Outsiders leave a lasting impression on fans. Maybe you are one of its fans, you should read the following The Outsiders quotes that describe how young people go through their journey.
- "It seemed funny to me that the sunset she saw from her patio and the one I saw from the back steps was the same one. Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset."- 'The Outsiders
- "A guy that'll listen to you, listen and care about what you're saying, is something rare."- 'The Outsiders'
- "You take up for your buddies, no matter what they do. When you're a gang, you stick up for the members."- 'The Outsiders'
- "You just don't stop living because you lose somebody."- Darrel Curtis, 'The Outsiders'
- "I hope I never see Dallas Winston again. If I do I'd... probably fall in love with him."- Cherry Valance, 'The Outsiders'
- "We gotta win that fight tonight. We gotta get even with those Socs! Let's do it for Johnny, man. We'll do it for Johnny!"- Dallas Winston, 'The Outsiders'
- "We're all we got left now. If we don't have each other, then we ain't got nothing."- Sodapop Curtis, 'The Outsiders'
- "It's just like sometimes I have to get out. It's like I'm the middle man in a tug-of-war or something between you guys. I don't know, I can't take sides."- Sodapop Curtis, 'The Outsiders'
- "I used to talk about killing myself all the time, man. But I don't wanna die now. It ain't long enough. Sixteen years ain't gonna be long enough."- Johnny Cade, 'The Outsiders'
- "It was worth saving those little kids. Their lives are worth more than mine. They have more to live for. Tell Dally it was worth it."- Johnny, 'The Outsiders'
- "Hate to tell you this, buddy, but you have to wear clothes to work. There's a law or something."- Steve Randle, 'The Outsiders'
Famous Quotes from The OutsidersThe Outsiders Quotes - Photo by Wendy van Zyl from Pexels
We still have a list of famous The Outsiders quotes. These The Outsiders quotes are best to make you nostalgic.
- "That's why people don't ever think to blame the Socs and are always ready to jump on us. We look hoody and they look decent … people usually go by looks."- 'The Outsiders
- “That's why people don't ever think to blame the Socs and are always ready to jump on us. We look hoody and they look decent. It could be just the other way around - half of the hoods I know are pretty decent guys underneath all that grease, and from what I've heard, a lot of Socs are just cold-blooded mean - but people usually go by looks.”― S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
- “Why do you like fights Darry~Ponyboy He just likes to show off his muscles~Sodapop” ― S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
- "I knew he would be dead because Dally Winston wanted to be dead and he always got what he wanted."- 'The Outsiders
- “You still have a lot of time to make yourself be what you want. There’s still lots of good in the world. Tell Dally. I don’t think he knows.”― S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
- “You take up for your buddies, no matter what they do. When you're a gang, you stick up for the members. If you don't stick up for them, stick together, make like brothers, it isn't a gang anymore. It's a pack. A snarling, distrustful, bickering park like the Socs in their social clubs or the street gangs in New York or the wolves in the timber.”― S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
- “I´d rather have anybody´s hate than their pity”― S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
- “Johnny almost grinned as he nodded. "Tuff enough," he managed, and by the way, his eyes were glowing, I figured Southern gentlemen had nothing on Johnny Cade.”― S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness
36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers
100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids Between the Age of 4-15 Years!
36 Instagram Story Questions to Get Closer With Your Followers