Tripboba.com - Eleanor Roosevelt or well known as Anna Eleanor Roosevelt, was an American political figure, diplomat, and activist. She served as the first lady of the United States during her husband, President Franklin D. Roosevelt's four terms in office.
In this article, Tripboba would like to share with you Eleanor Roosevelt quotes as follows to this list below. Let's check it out, and don't forget to take a note!
Quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt
Here is some Eleanor Roosevelt quotes. Make sure you write your favorite quotes.
- "Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual; you have an obligation to be one. You cannot make any useful contribution in life unless you do this."
- "What counts, in the long run, is not what you read; it is what you sift through your own mind; it is the ideas and impressions that are aroused in you by your reading. It is the ideas stirred in your own mind, the ideas which are a reflection of your own thinking, which make you an interesting person."
- "If you can develop this ability to see what you look at, to understand its meaning, to readjust your knowledge to this new information, you can continue to learn and to grow as long as you live and you'll have a wonderful time doing it."
- "Love can often be misguided and do as much harm as good, but respect can do only good. It assumes that the other person's stature is as large as one's own, his rights as reasonable, his needs as important."
- "It is a brave thing to have the courage to be an individual; it is also, perhaps, a lonely thing. But it is better than not being an individual, which is to be nobody at all."
- "Do whatever comes your way to do as well as you can. Think as little as possible about yourself. Think as much as possible about other people. Dwell on things that are interesting. Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give."
- "Every woman wants to be first to someone sometime in her life and that desire is the explanation for many strange things women do."
- "To be mature you have to realize what you value most... Not to arrive at a clear understanding of one's own values is a tragic waste. You have missed the whole point of what life is for."
- "Each time you learn something new you must readjust the whole framework of your knowledge."
- "No man is defeated without until he has first been defeated within."
- "Obedience may have its uses, but it is no substitute for willing, uncoerced co-operation."
- "When it's better for everyone, it's better for everyone."
- "If you want a world ruled by law and not by force you must build up, from the very grassroots, a respect for the law."
- "...no matter how avid they themselves may be for praise and appreciation, people are often niggardly in giving it to others, however, merited it is."
- "Cease to be a drudge. Seek to be an artist."
- "America is not a pile of goods, more luxury, more comforts, a better telephone system, a greater number of cars. America is a dream of greater justice and opportunity for the average man and, if we can not obtain it, all our other achievements amount to nothing."