53 Inspiring Dale Carnegie Quotes, The Author of ‘How to Win Friends and Influence People’Jul 28, 2021 08:00 PM Dale Carnegie Quotes - Photo by @InfluenceWins from Twitter
Tripboba.com - Best known for his 1936 bestseller ‘How to Win Friends and Influence People’, Dale Carnegie was an American writer and lecturer who developed courses in self-improvement, salesmanship, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
In this segment, Tripboba has compiled the famous, inspiring Dale Carnegie quotes on various topics, including leadership, life, happiness, and public speaking.
So, keep the ball rolling and pick your favorite Dale Carnegie quotes down below!
Dale Carnegie quotes on leadership
- “If you want to gather honey, don't kick over the beehive.”
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
- “An hour of planning can save you 10 hours of doing.”
- “The world is so full of people who are grabbing and self-seeking. So the rare individual who unselfishly tries to serve others has an enormous advantage. He has little competition.”
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.”
- “It isn't work that makes you tired, it's your mental attitude.”
Best Dale Carnegie quotes on leadership
- “If you must make a mistake, make a new one each time.”
- “Fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind.”
- “Don't ask a man what is important to him. Watch how he spends his time.”
- “Do you know the most important trait a man can have?”
- “It is not executive ability; it is not a great mentality; it is not kindliness, nor courage, nor a sense of humor, though each of these is of tremendous importance.”
- “In my opinion, it is the ability to make friends, which, boiled down, means the ability to see the best in man.”
Dale Carnegie quotes How to Win Friends and Influence People
- “Don't be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.”
- “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”
- “Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn—and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
- “When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity.”
- “Talk to someone about themselves and they'll listen for hours.”
- “Actions speak louder than words, and a smile says, ‘I like you. You make me happy. I am glad to see you.”
- “Personally I am very fond of strawberries and cream, but I have found that for some strange reason, fish prefer worms. So when I went fishing, I didn’t think about what I wanted. I thought about what they wanted. I didn't bait the hook with strawberries and cream. Rather, I dangled a worm or grasshopper in front of the fish and said: "Wouldn't you like to have that?" Why not use the same common sense when fishing for people?””
- “You can't win an argument. You can't because if you lose it, you lose it; and if you win it, you lose it.”
- “To be interesting, be interested.”
- “Names are the sweetest and most important sound in any language.”
Dale Carnegie quotes about life
- "If you are not in the process of becoming the person you want to be, you are automatically engaged in becoming the person you don't want to be." ~ Dale Carnegie
- "If you do something for someone else, never remember. If someone does something for you, never forget." ~ Dale Carnegie
- “Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.”
- “Would you sell both your eyes for a million dollars...or your two legs...or your hands...or your hearing? Add up what you do have, and you'll find you won't sell them for all the gold in the world. The best things in life are yours, if you can appreciate them.”
- “Keep your mind open to change all the time. Welcome it. Court it. It is only by examining and reexamining your opinions and ideas that you can progress.”
- “One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.”
- “When I asked him -Mr.Henry Ford- if he ever worried, he replied: "No. I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe that every-thing will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about?”
- “When we hate our enemies, we are giving them power over us: power over our sleep, our appetites, our blood pressure, our health, and our happiness.”
- “The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.”
- “If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
- “Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.”
Dale Carnegie quotes happiness
- “It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.”
- “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.”
- “It is the way we react to circumstances that determines our feelings.”
- “Did you ever see an unhappy horse? Did you ever see bird that had the blues? One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.”
- “Many people think that if they were only in some other place, or had some other job, they would be happy. Well, that is doubtful. So get as much happiness out of what you are doing as you can and don't put off being happy until some future date.”
- “Create happiness for others.”
- “Happiness doesn't depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude.”
- “If you want to be enthusiastic, act enthusiastic.”
- “The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping.”
- “Act as if you were already happy and that will tend to make you happy.”
Dale Carnegie quotes on public speaking
- "Speakers who talk about what life has taught them never fail to keep the attention of their listeners."
- "Only the prepared speaker deserves to be confident."
- "History has repeatedly been changed by people who had the desire and the ability to transfer their convictions and emotions to their listeners."
- "An effective speaker knows that the success or failure of his talk is not for him to decide - it will be decided in the minds and hearts of his hearers."
- "A talk is a voyage. It must be charted. The speaker who starts nowhere, usually gets there."
- "Tell the audience what you're going to say, say it; then tell them what you've said."
- "Your purpose is to make your audience see what you saw, hear what you heard, feel what you felt. Relevant detail, couched in concrete, colorful language, is the best way to recreate the incident as it happened and to picture it for the audience."
- “Your purpose is to make your audience see what you saw, hear what you heard, feel what you felt. Relevant detail, couched in concrete, colorful language, is the best way to recreate the incident as it happened and to picture it for the audience.”
- “If your own mind is muddled, much more will the minds of your hearers be confused.”
- "There are always three speeches, for every one you actually gave. The one you practiced, the one you gave, and the one you wish you gave."
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness