55 Best Italian Quotes to Inspire YouJun 23, 2021 11:00 PM Italian Quotes - Photo by Griffin Wooldridge from Pexels
Tripboba.com - In case you are looking for the best Italian quotes, you are not alone! Italy does it for you.
This beautiful country is known for its beauty. From magnificent architecture, rich ancient history, to spectacular beaches overlooking the Mediterranean to food and wine, there are many reasons to fall in love with Italy.
If you are in search of Italian quotes to find the right words to describe your photos or you just want to get inspiration, you are in the right place. Let’s have a check!
Quotes About Italian
If you've just returned from one of those incredible trips to Italy, these Italian quotes will make the perfect Italian Instagram caption for your photo.
- “Italy will never be a normal country. Because Italy is Italy. If we were a normal country, we wouldn’t have Rome. We wouldn’t have Florence. We wouldn’t have the marvel that is Venice.” – Matteo Renzi
- “Your Italy and our Italia are not the same thing. Italy is a soft drug peddled in predictable packages, such as hills in the sunset, olive groves, lemon trees, white wine, and raven-haired girls. Italia, on the other hand, is a maze. It’s alluring, but complicated. It’s the kind of place that can have you fuming and then purring in the space of a hundred meters, or in the course of ten minutes. Italy is the only workshop in the world that can turn out both Botticellis and Berlusconis.” – Beppe Severgnini
- “It’s so easy for me to get caught up in the feeling of a city like Venice, where everything is just beautiful color and gorgeous buildings that are so peaceful. You can roam around and get lost in the labyrinth.” – Nanette Lepore
- “What is the fatal charm of Italy? What do we find there that can be found nowhere else? I believe it is a certain permission to be human, which other places, other countries, lost long ago.” – Erica Jong
- “Rome will exist as long as the Coliseum does; when the Coliseum falls, so will Rome; when Rome falls, so will the world.” – Venerable Bede
- "Italian cities have long been held up as ideals, not least by New Yorkers and Londoners enthralled by the ways their architecture gives beauty and meaning to everyday acts.” – Rebecca Solnit
- “Rome is the city of echoes, the city of illusions, and the city of yearning.” – Giotto di Bondone
- “In Italy, food is an expression of love. It is how you show those around you that you care for them. Having a love for food means you also have a love for those you are preparing it for and for yourself.” – Joe Bastianich
- “In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love; they had five hundred years of democracy and peace and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.” – Orson Welles
- “Italy is a dream that keeps returning for the rest of your life.” – Anna Akhmatova
Italian Family QuotesItalian Quotes - Photo by Vidal Balielo Jr. from Pexels
These Italian quotes will give us an insight on how to live in Italian family. Enjoy.
- “Growing up in an Italian family, we used our body to convey a message.” — Sebastian Maniscalco
- “All of my youth growing up in my Italian family was focused around the table. That's where I learned about love.” — Leo Buscaglia
- “I come from an Italian family. One of the greatest and most profound expressions we would ever use in conversations or arguments was a slamming door. The slamming door was our punctuation mark.” — Mario Batali
- “I grew up with an Italian family in an era when a woman's path was laid out for her: You got married and had children. Simple, right? Then I got to a point around the age of 30 when I had three little children and was a single mom, and I realized life was not so simple.” — Joy Mangano
- “Coming from an Italian family, my parents had supermarkets and they said I had to take over as any son should take over the family business - I copped a lot of flak when I said 'no.'” — Adriano Zumbo
- “I come from a big Italian family, and I grew up around wrestling.” — Carmella
- “I always, always liked children... I was very afraid of them before. Because I never really grew up, I mean, with a lot of little kids around. Even though I am from a kind of Italian family, I never really grew up with a lot of little kids around.” — Steve Burns
- “I grew up in a food-obsessed Italian family, so food was always front and center in my life. I was a food obsessed person who morphed into a comedian and tried to figure out a way to make fun of my cake and eat it too.” — Nadia Giosia
- “Growing up in an Italian family, you use a harsh tone and 10 minutes later everybody forgets about it.” — Elizabeth Edwards
- “Oh, my wife is a wonderful cook. She comes from a food-loving Italian family - her father owned a pizzeria!” — Buddy Valastro
- “My mother and father were supportive. But in an Italian family, you kind of work with your hands, or you are an engineer or a doctor. But an actor was something they couldn't get hold of. They were afraid I wouldn't be able to make a living, and for many years, they were right.” — Michael Rispoli
- “And with regard to the Italian family we portrayed on 'Everybody Loves Raymond' - Italians and Jews do share two traits: all problems are solved with food, and the mother never leaves you alone.” — Philip Rosenthal
Funny Italian Quotes
Italian language has a very unique style and sound. And there's no doubt that Italians have their own sense of humor. Just like in English, Italians have a number of expressions and idioms that they use when speaking.
Let’s learn the Italian language in a hilarious way with the following Italian quotes.
- "Hai voluto la bicicletta? E adesso pedala!" / Translation: "You wanted the bike? Now you’ve got to ride it!" —Unknown
- "Non avere peli sulla lingua." / Translation: "Without hair on his tongue." —Unknown
- "Saltare di palo in frasca" / Translation: "To jump from a post to a pile of branches." —Unknown
- "La goccia che ha fatto traboccare il vaso." / Translation: "The drop that made the vase overflow." —Unknown
- "Avere la Botte Piena e la Moglie Ubriaca." / Translation: "To have a full bottle of wine and a drunk wife. —Unknown
- "Saltare di palo in frasca." / Translation: "To jump from a post to a pile of branches." —Unknown
- "Avere le braccine corte." / Translation: "To have short arms." —Unknown
- "Prendere in giro." / Translation: "to take for a spin." —Unknown
- "Non vedo l’ora/" Translation: "Can't see the time." —Unknown
- "Rompere le scatole." / Translation: "to break boxes" or "to get on someone’s nerves." — Unknown
Italian Quotes About Strength with English TranslationItalian Quotes - Photo by Victor Freitas from Pexels
Here are some Italian quotes and proverbs that will make you stronger. Also, you will improve your Italian language at the same time.
- "A caval donato non si guarda in bocca." / "Never look a gift horse in the mouth!" — Italian Proverb
- "A chi fa male, mai mancano scuse." / "He who does evil, is never short of an excuse." — Italian Proverb
- "Belle parole non pascon i gatti." / "Fine words don’t feed cats." — Italian Proverb
- "Aiutati che Dio t’aiuta." / "Help yourself and God will help you." — Italian Proverb
- "Quando l’amico chiede, non v’è domani." / "When a friend asks, there is no tomorrow." — Italian Proverb
- "L’amore è cieco." / "Love is blind." — Italian Proverb
- "La vita è un sogno." / "Life is a dream." — Italian Proverb
- "Nulla nuova, buona nuova." / "No news is good news." — Italian Proverb
- "Una cena senza vino è come un giorno senza sole." / "A meal without wine is a day without sunshine." — Italian Proverb
- "Fuggi il piacer presente, che accena dolor futuro." / "Skip the enjoyment that you will regret." — Italian Proverb
- "È meglio qualche cosa che niente." / "Something is still better than nothing." — Italian Proverb
- "Ogni cosa si compra a prezzo." / "Everything you buy at the price." — Italian Proverb
Italian Love Quotes with English Translation
Do you want to melt your lover’s heart? You can use these Italian quotes about love below.
- "Ti amo." / "I love you." —Unknown
- "Mi sono innamorato di te." / "I’m in love with you. / I’ve fallen in love with you." —Unknown
- "Mi sono perso nei tuoi occhi." / "I’m lost in your eyes." —Unknown
- "Resta con me per sempre." / "Stay with me forever." —Unknown
- "Voglio passare il resto della mia vita con te." / "I want to spend the rest of my life with you." —Unknown
- "Farei qualsiasi cosa per te." / "I would do anything for you." —Unknown
- "Il mio cuore batte solo per te." / "My heart beats only for you." —Unknown
- "Sei il sole della mia vita." / "You are the sun in my life." —Unknown
- "Nei tuoi occhi c’è il cielo." / "Heaven is in your eyes." —Unknown
- "Da quando ti conosco la mia vita è un paradiso." / "Since I met you my life is a paradise." —Unknown
- "Dammi un bacio." / "Give me a kiss." —Unknown
- This Japanese Couple Always Wear Some Matching Outfits In 41 Years Married Life And It's Just Too Adorable (14 Pictures)
- This Instagram Account Illustrated The 12 Famous and Funniest Cat Pictures On The Internet
- 75 Birthday Wishes for Cousin Sister, Best to Funny Messages
- These 20 Pictures of Adorable Kittens Under a Cozy Blanket Will Make Your Heart Warmer Than Ever!
- 12 Moments When This Talented Makeup Artist Turning Herself Into Famous Celebrities From Around The World