55 Comforting Quotes and Warm Sayings to Lift Your SpiritsJun 10, 2021 04:30 PM Comforting Quotes - Photo by Liza Summer from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Whether you want to encourage yourself during difficult times or express your deepest condolences of losing someone you cared about the most, you’ll need our collection of comforting quotes. Tripboba has gathered up to 55 comforting quotes to help you overcome grief, loss, and major disappointing moments.
So, keep scrolling and pick the best lines for your circumstance!
Quotes for comforting
All quotes about comforting
Here are some comforting quotes that give you the strength you need to recover from many adversities in your life and warm your heart.
- "Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and when it comes, hold your head high, look it squarely in the eye and say “I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me.” Then repeat to yourself the most comforting of all words , “This too shall pass.”" ~ Ann Landers
- "A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's." ~ Princess Diana
- "There is no feeling more comforting and consoling than knowing you are right next to the one you love." ~ Oscar Wilde
- "Seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go, but it's comforting to know: the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away." ~ Michael Patrick King
- "I can look at the future with anticipation. And it's comforting to know that someday, as Christians, we'll be able to look back and have a little more clarity on why certain things in life happened." ~ Amy Grant
- "The past speaks to us in a thousand voices, warning and comforting, animating and stirring to action." ~ Felix Adler
- "Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister." ~ Alice Walker
- "It makes me feel good to have some comforting effect on someone that needs comfort." ~ Juliana Hatfield
- "I love to take things that are everyday and comforting and make them into the most luxurious things in the world." ~ Marc Jacobs
- "It gives me a deep comforting sense that Things seen are temporal and things unseen are eternal." ~ Helen Keller
- "A belief may be comforting. Only through your own experience, however, does it become liberating." ~ Eckhart Tolle
- "If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion." ~ Noam Chomsky
- "It is comforting to reflect that the disproportion of things in the world seems to be only arithmetical." ~ Franz Kafka
- "And I really do believe that the most important thing is the way you live your life on earth. But I think it's enormously comforting to believe that you're going to see your loved ones." ~ Barbara Walters
- "I have an enormous fondness for delicious food. It's very comforting" ~ Teri Garr
- "The superior man thinks always of virtue; the common man thinks of comfort." ~ Confucius
- "There didn't seem to her any harm in it, and the make-believe was so comforting." ~ Rohinton Mistry
- "The interesting thing about coaching is that you have to trouble the comfortable, and comfort the troubled" ~ Ric Charlesworth
- "True evangelical faith, cannot lie dormant, it clothes the naked, it feeds the hungry, it comforts the sorrowful, it shelters the destitute, it serves those that harm it, it binds up that which is wounded, it has become all things to all creatures." ~ Menno Simons
- "Perhaps love is like a resting place, a shelter from the storm. It exists to give you comfort, it is there to keep you warm, and in those times of trouble when you are most alone, the memory of love will bring you home." ~ John Denver
Comforting quotes about death
Have a look at these uplifting comforting quotes to offer someone who is grieving.
- "The persons you long for, who have gone to heaven before you, will be waiting for you when you die. They will be ready to comfort you and escort you to heaven." ~ Howard Storm
- "There's something about death that is comforting. The thought that you could die tomorrow frees you to appreciate your life now." ~ Angelina Jolie
- "...when I was angry at God because I couldn't go to my son, hold him, and comfort him, God's son was holding my son in his lap." ~ Todd Burpo
- "I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love." ~ Leo Buscaglia
- "The song is ended, but the melody lingers on." ~ Irving Berlin
- "The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." ~ Thornton Wilder
- "Think of him still as the same, I say, He is not dead, he is just - away." ~ James Whitcomb Riley
- "In one sense there is no death. The life of a soul on earth lasts beyond departure. You will always feel that life touching yours, that voice speaking to you. He/She lives on in your life and in the lives of all others that knew him/her." ~ Angelo Patri
- "Nothing you love is lost. Not really. Things, people—they always go away, sooner or later. You can’t hold them, any more than you can hold moonlight. But if they’ve touched you, if they’re inside you, then they’re still yours. The only things you ever really have are the ones you hold inside your heart." ~ Bruce Coville
- "Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow." ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
- "Words cannot ease the pain you are feeling right now But just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you And praying for your pain to ease And for you to find sunshine when the dark clouds have passed." ~ Margaret Jones
- "What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us." ~ Helen Keller
- "Those we love don't go away, they sit beside us every day." ~ Liane Moriarty
Comforting quotes about suicidal death
Here are comforting quotes that you can say when a friend's loved one dies by suicide.
- "But the world moves on, even when you don’t want it to, even when change feels like the end of everything. It never stops. That’s harsh and magical and somewhat comforting because nothing is immutable, however much we want it to be. Moments cannot be caught like fossils in amber, ever- perfect,ever-beautiful. They go dark and raw, full of shadows, leaving you with the memories. And the world moves on." ~ Ann Aguirre
- "And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." ~ Khalil Gibran
- "Did you really want to die?" "No one commits suicide because they want to die." "Then why do they do it?" "Because they want to stop the pain." ~ Tiffanie DeBartolo
- "No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow." ~ Maya Angelou
- "Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back." ~ Marcus Aurelius
- "Suicide is man's way of telling God, 'You can't fire me - I quit.'" ~ Bill Maher
- "They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies." ~ William Penn
- "May tender memories soften your grief, May fond recollection bring you relief, And may you find comfort and peace in the thought Of the joy that knowing your loved one brought... For time and space can never divide Or keep your loved one from your side. When memory paints in colors true, the happy hours that belonged to you." ~ Helen Steiner Rice
- "Life is eternal; and love is immortal; and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight." ~ Rossiter W. Raymond
- "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
- I answer the heroic question ‘Death, where is thy sting?’ with ‘It is here in my heart and mind and memories.'” ~ Maya Angelou, When I Think of Death
- "The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of those depths." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Comforting Bible quotes about death
These comforting quotes inspired by Bible verses will give you a new perspective and comfort about someone’s loss.
- "There is a time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance." ~ Solomon
- “‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Revelation 21:4
- “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Psalm 147:3
- “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.” John 14:1
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
- “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
- “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” Matthew 5:4
- “Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.” 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14
- “After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.” 1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
- How to Tell If a Girl Likes You: 9 Signs When a Girl Is Into You!
- 40+ Best Halloween Greetings to Accompany Your Spooky Night!
- Know How to Cite A Pdf in APA with This Helpful Guide
- 3 Ways How to Make Silicone Molds at Home, Easiest Tutorials Ever!
- 40+ My Son Quotes That Illustrate The Great Love from Parents to Their Son