55 Best Sushi Quotes for Sushi Enthusiasts Out There!Aug 02, 2021 11:49 PM Sushi Quotes - Photo by Rajesh TP from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Do you love sushi and Japanese cuisine? Then consider yourself lucky as Sushi is not only palatable but also a very healthy meal!
It's a good source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids thanks to the fish. Sushi is also low in calories — means there's no added fat! It makes a perfect meal for anyone on a diet.
So, if you’ve been a big fan of the meal, you’d love our collection of sushi quotes down below. Tripboba has gathered over 50 sushi quotes for anyone who’s a little bit obsessed with this Japanese cuisine.
Famous sushi quotes
Here are some best sushi quotes for you to gets started with.
- "The fine art of preparing sushi is something that you watch and learn." — Nobu Matsuhisa
- "I'm not making art, I'm making sushi" — Masaharu Morimoto
- "I could eat my body weight in sushi." — Mikey Way
- "Just because I like sushi, doesn't mean I can make sushi. I've come to well understand how many years just to get sushi rice correct. It's a discipline that takes years and years and years. So, I leave that to the experts." — Anthony Bourdain
- "Sometimes sushi is just superb, and other times there's nothing like a great big steak. It depends where your taste buds are at the time." — Francesca Annis
- "Fashion is like food! Some people like sushi, others think hamburgers are divine! People like different things!" — Michael Kors
- "Don't dunk your nigiri in the soy sauce. Don't mix your wasabi in the soy sauce. If the rice is good, complement your sushi chef on the rice." — Anthony Bourdain
- "With sushi, it is all about balance. Sometimes they cut the fish too thick, sometimes too thin. Often the rice is overcooked or undercooked. Not enough rice vinegar or too much." — Nobu Matsuhisa
Quotes about sushi
- "Sitting eating sushi in the city, incredibly chilled out reading Nietzsche." — Joey Barton
- "You have to eat good! I eat gorgeous food. I eat sushi, I eat meat, I eat steaks. I eat more than you, I'm sure." — Tanya Dziahileva
- "I've been making sushi for 38 years, and I'm still learning. You have to consider the size and color of the ingredients, how much salt and vinegar to use and how the seasons affect the fattiness of the fish." — Masaharu Morimoto
- "One of my favorite things to make is homemade sushi. I know how to make the rolls and it's really fun to do." — Carly Rae Jepsen
- "The Kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance." — Terry Pratchett
- "I think that without sushi there would be no David Hasselhoff, because sushi is like the perfect way of describing the insides of David Hasselhoff. He is like a protein, clean and easy. That's how I feel about myself." — David Hasselhoff
- "Jiro Ono serves Edo-style traditional sushi, the same 20 or 30 pieces he's been making his whole life, and he's still unsatisfied with the quality and every day wakes up and trains to make the best. And that is as close to a religious experience in food as one is likely to get." — Anthony Bourdain
- "I don't even do anything super crazy when it comes to eating. The most I would ever do is eat some kind of sushi raw. I keep it real light when it comes to food." — Deon Cole
Jiro Dreams of Sushi quotes
Jiro Dreams of Sushi is the story of 85-year-old Jiro Ono, considered by many to be the world's greatest sushi chef. The following are some sushi quotes taken from the documentary film.
- “Even at my age, after decades of work, I don’t think I have achieved perfection. But I feel ecstatic all day––I love making sushi. That’s the spirit of the shokunin.” — Jiro Dreams of Sushi
- “I do the same thing over and over, improving bit by bit. There’s always a yearning to achieve more. I’ll continue to climb, trying to reach the top, but no one knows where the top is.”
- “The Japanese word shokunin is defined by both Japanese and Japanese-English dictionaries as ‘craftsman’ or ‘artisan,’ but such a literal description does not fully express the deeper meaning. The Japanese apprentice is taught that shokunin means not only having technical skills, but also implies an attitude and social consciousness. … The shokunin has a social obligation to work his/her best for the general welfare of the people. This obligation is both spiritual and material, in that no matter what it is, the shokunin’s responsibility is to fulfill the requirement.” – Tasio Orate.
- "Once you decide on your profession, you must immerse yourself in your work."
- "You have to fall in love with your work."
- "You must dedicate your life to mastering your skill. That’s the secret of success and is the key to being regarded honourably."
- “Ultimate simplicity leads to purity.”
- “It’s just about making an effort and repeating the same thing everyday.”
- “It has to be better than last time.”
- “Seen many chefs who are self critical. Never seen anyone who is so hard on himself as Jiro.”
- “He sets the standard for self-discipline.”
- “He is always looking ahead.”
- “He is never satisfied with his work.”
- “He is always trying to find ways to make the sushi better or to improve his skills.”
- “Even at this age now, he thinks about it every day.”
Sushi love quotes
Last but not least, these sushi quotes are dedicated for those loving the Japanese cuisine a little bit too much!
- "I love your sushi roll, hotter than wasabi. I race for your love, Shake-n-Bake, Ricky Bobby" — Drake
- "I love sushi, but I'm not going to write a column about it." — Joel Stein
- "The first time I had sushi, I hated it. And the second time was no different, and then, I just started loving it. I actually crave for sushi. It's one of the healthiest meals. My experiments with food began when I was working in New York as an architect, be it Korean or Ethiopian food or fusion food." — Riteish Deshmukh
- "Although, I didnt really like sushi until I moved out to L.A." — Scott Wolf
- "In general I love to eat anything. I enjoy anything that is well prepared, a good spaghetti, lasagna, taco, steak, sushi, refried beans." — Martin Yan
- "I love sushi. But after too much of it, it just starts to taste like a dead animal that hasn't been cooked." — Amy Lee
- "I love eating sushi and eating raw and clean - no pasta and bread. Low carbs is what works for me." — Chrissy Teigen
- "I always thought that bagels and lox was my soul food, but it turns out it's sushi." — Sara Sheridan
- "I love Chinese food, like steamed dim sum, and I can have noodles morning, noon and night, hot or cold. I like food that's very simple on the digestive system - I tend to keep it light. I love Japanese food too - sushi, sashimi and miso soup." — Shilpa Shetty
- "I love sushi, I love fried chicken, I love steak. But there is a limit to my love." — Jonathan Safran Foer
Funny sushi quotes
These hilarious sushi quotes will surely crack you up.
- “A party without sushi is just a meeting.”
- “Dream big, eat sushi.”
- “Fish, to taste right, must swim three times – in water, in butter, and in wine.”
- “Holy roller.”
- “I always thought that bagels and lox was my soul food, but it turns out it’s sushi.” Sara Sheridan
- I followed my heart and it led me to sushi.”
- “Limp Bizkit Ice Cream would taste like the sweetest pair of panties in the world. It would taste like sushi. Sushi or panties.” Fred Durst
- “Sushi doesn’t ask silly questions.”
- “Sushi, because it’s cheaper than therapy.”
- "Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Unless he doesn't like sushi, then you also have to teach him to cook." — Auren Hoffman
- “There is an I in “sushi”, so get your own.”
- “Who needs gender rolls when we have sushi rolls.”
- “Why be grouchy when there’s Hamachi.”
- “You’re the salmon to my sticky rice.”
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness