55+ Guilt Quotes to Learn About Letting Go and Moving ForwardJun 23, 2021 10:00 PM Guilt Quotes - Photo by Alex Green from Pexels
Tripboba.com - There’s no denying that the feeling of guilt or regret must have hit us all. One thing that’s obvious is the fact that you can’t change what has happened in the past. What you can do is to move on and figure things out so that you can live your life peacefully.
Guilt quotes that we have today will, at least, make you feel good about yourself. Try to get inspired from these guilt quotes and focus on what you have right now!
Quotes About Guilt
For a starter, we decided to come up with these quilt quotes. Read along for a day with inspiration and motivation.
- "Negative emotions like loneliness, envy, and guilt have an important role to play in a happy life; they're big, flashing signs that something needs to change." – Gretchen Rubin
- "With integrity, you have nothing to fear, since you have nothing to hide. With integrity, you will do the right thing, so you will have no guilt." – Zig Ziglar
- "An exciting and inspiring future awaits you beyond the noise in your mind, beyond the guilt, doubt, fear, shame, insecurity and heaviness of the past you carry around." – Debbie Ford
- "No man can be judged a criminal until he is found guilty; nor can society take from him the public protection until it has been proved that he has violated the conditions on which it was granted. What right, then, but that of power, can authorize the punishment of a citizen so long as there remains any doubt of his guilt?" – Cesare Beccaria
- "Fear is the tax that conscience pays to guilt." – George Sewell
- "No matter how frustrated, disappointed and discouraged we may feel in the face of our failures, it's only temporary. And the faster you can stop wallowing in guilt, blame or resentment, the faster you can put it behind you." – Fabrizio Moreira
- "I know that a man who shows me his wealth is like the beggar who shows me his poverty; they are both looking for alms from me, the rich man for the alms of my envy, the poor man for the alms of my guilt." – Ben Hecht
- "There's no regret. You can't regret. I mean, I've felt regret but I've also refused to allow regret to sow a seed and live in me because I don't believe it. You feel it, it's like guilt, it's like jealousy, it's like all those horrible things. You've just got to snip them and get them out, because they're no good." – Jude Law
- "The human life is all one thing, like a blade tracing loops on the ice: a little kid, a twenty-three-year-old infantry sergeant, a middle-aged writer knowing guilt and sorrow." – Tim O'Brien
- "Guilt is perhaps the most painful companion of death." – Coco Chanel
- "How blunt are all the arrows of thy quiver in comparison with those of guilt." – Robert Blair
- "Nothing is more wretched than the mind of a man conscious of guilt." – Plautus
- "Where all are guilty, no one is; confessions of collective guilt are the best possible safeguard against the discovery of culprits, and the very magnitude of the crime the best excuse for doing nothing." – Hannah Arendt
- "If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends." – Charlotte Bronte
- "What you believe is very powerful. If you have toxic emotions of fear, guilt and depression, it is because you have wrong thinking, and you have wrong thinking because of wrong believing." – Joseph Prince
Lady Macbeth Quotes About Guilt
If you are a fan of William Shakespeare, you must know his writing called Macbeth. In this play, Lady Macbeth is a leading character and among the main characters, as well as the wife of Macbeth.
During her life, she has done things which later led her to feeling guilty. And Tripboba is here to share guilt quotes by Lady Macbeth. Let’s take a look!
- "Thy bones are marrowless, thy blood is cold. Thou hast no speculation in those eyes."
- "To bed, to bed. There’s knocking at the gate. Come, come, come, come, give me your hand. What’s done cannot be undone. To bed, to bed, to bed."
- "I have given suck, and know how tender ‘tis to love the babe that milks me I would, while it was smiling in my face have plucked my nipple from his boneless gums and dashed the brains out."
- "For Banquo’s issue have I filed my mind for them the gracious Duncan have I murdered."
- "What, all my pretty chickens and their dam at one fell swoop."
- "Had I as many sons as I have hairs, I would not wish them a fairer death."
- "Everyone did bear thy praises in his kingdom’s great defense."
- "Our duties are to your throne and state children and servants."
- "Bleed, bleed, poor country!"
- "O nation miserable with an untitled tyrant, bloody-sceptered."
- "Fair is foul, and foul is fair hover through the fog and filthy air."
- "Go pronounce his present death and with his former title greet Macbeth."
- "Thou shalt get kings, though thou be none. Why do I yield to that suggestion whose horrid image doth unfix my hair and make my seated heart knock at my ribs."
- "Yet do I fear thy nature; It is too full o’ th’ milk of human kindness to catch the nearest way."
- "If it were done when ‘tis done, then ‘twere well it were done quickly."
For more inspiring guilt quotes, why don’t you head to the next page and be inspired!
Quotes About Guilt and Shame
If you’re dealing with guilt or shame, the following shame and guilt quotes might make you feel better.
- "We feel guilty for what we do. We feel shame for what we are." – Lewis B. Smedes
- "Guilt is just as powerful, but its influence is positive, while shame's is destructive. Shame erodes our courage and fuels disengagement." – Brené Brown
- "I believe one of our souls' major purposes is to know, love, and express our authentic selves. To live the life and be the person we were created to be. However, our true selves only emerge when it's safe to do so. Self-condemnation, shame, and guilt send your true nature into hiding. It's only in the safety of gentle curiosity, encouragement, and self-love that your soul can bloom as it was created to do." – Sue Thoele
- "The distinction between shame and guilt is very important, since these two emotions may tear a person in opposite directions. The wish to relieve guilt may motivate a confession, but the wish to avoid the humiliation of shame may prevent it." – Paul Ekman
- "Glory, built on selfish principles, is shame and guilt." – William Cowper
- "It is more dangerous that even a guilty person should be punished without the forms of law than that he should escape." – Thomas Jefferson
- "I never wonder to see men wicked, but I often wonder to see them not ashamed." – Jonathan Swift
- "Shame and guilt are noble emotions essential in the maintenance of civilized society, and vital for the development of some of the most refined and elegant qualities of human potential." – Willard Gaylin
- "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame." – Benjamin Franklin
- "Nothing more unqualified the man to act with prudence than a misfortune that is attended with shame and guilt." – Jonathan Swift
- "A minister of state is excusable for the harm he does when the helm of government has forced his hand in a storm; but in the calm he is guilty of all the good he does not do." – Voltaire
- "We live in a society where we're not taught how to deal with our weaknesses and frailties as human beings. We're not taught how to speak to our difficulties and challenges. We're taught the Pythagorean theorem and chemistry and biology and history. We're not taught anger management. We're not taught dissolution of fear and how to process shame and guilt. I've never in my life ever used the Pythagorean theorem!" – Iyanla Vanzant
- "Work on psychological blocks like shame and guilt - they falsely color your reality." – Deepak Chopra
- "If you don't enjoy your life, sorrow, sadness, suffering, fear, shame and guilt will." – Iyanla Vanzant
- "Despite their differences, pride, shame, and guilt all activate similar neural circuits, including the dorsomedial prefrontal cortex, amygdala, insula, and the nucleus accumbens. Interestingly, pride is the most powerful of these emotions at triggering activity in these regions - except in the nucleus accumbens, where guilt and shame win out. This explains why it can be so appealing to heap guilt and shame on ourselves - they're activating the brain's reward center." – David D. Burns
Survivor's Guilt Quotes
Survivor’s guilt is defined as the feeling of guilt that occurs after surviving a life-threatening traumatic event when others have not. These are common reactions to traumatic events and symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, or also known as PTSD.
Read the following quilt quotes!
- “The problem with surviving was that you ended up with the ghosts of everyone you’d ever left behind riding on your shoulders.” ― Paolo Bacigalupi
- “People generally don’t suffer high rates of PTSD after natural disasters. Instead, people suffer from PTSD after moral atrocities. Soldiers who’ve endured the depraved world of combat experience their own symptoms. Trauma is an expulsive cataclysm of the soul.” ― David Brooks
- “One must consider that small children are virtually incapable of making much impact on their world. No matter what path taken as a
- child, survivors grow up believing they should have done something differently.
- Perhaps there is no greater form of
- survivor guilt than “I didn't try to stop it." Or “I should have told." The legacy of a helpless, vulnerable, out-of-control, and humiliated child creates an adult who is generally tentative, insecure, and quite angry. The anger is not often expressed, however, as it is not safe to be angry with violent people. Confrontation and conﬂict are difﬁcult for many survivors.” ― Sarah E. Olson
- “Don't step off the road ― there might be another one!” ― James M. McGarrity
- “There comes a time for us not to just be survivors, but to be warriors. Yara, you have your life, and the chance to make the most of it. Don't run or hide from that challenge or let your guilt keep you from living your life. This gift is such a beautiful opportunity. Embrace it. Seize every opportunity from here on out. Live.” ― Becca Vry
- “Many veterans feel guilty because they lived while others died. Some feel ashamed because they didn’t bring all their men home and wonder what they could have done differently to save them. When they get home they wonder if there’s something wrong with them because they find war repugnant but also thrilling. They hate it and miss it.Many of their self-judgments go to extremes. A comrade died because he stepped on an improvised explosive device and his commander feels unrelenting guilt because he didn’t go down a different street. Insurgents used women and children as shields, and soldiers and Marines feel a totalistic black stain on themselves because of an innocent child’s face, killed in the firefight. The self-condemnation can be crippling.” ― David Brooks
- “They feel guilty for having survived so they pretend the bad things never happened.” ― Dalton Trumbo
- “He cannot forgive himself for having saved himself when his wife and child went to their deaths we are all as if drugged. Yesterday all of my family were living and now - all are dead. Each of us stands as if turn to stone. I weep for my fate, for what I have left to see.” ― Chil Rajchman
- “It wasn’t me these people cared about; it was my capacity to soak up pain like a sponge.” ― Ilana Masad
- “The wave of pure outrage blindsided me. I shouldn't be here, I thought. This is utterly fucked up. I should have been sitting in a garden down the road, barefoot with a drink in my hand, swapping the day's work stories with Peter and Jamie. I had never thought about this before, and it almost knocked me over: all the things we should have had. We should have stayed up all night together studying and stressing out before exams, Peter and I should have argued over who got to bring Jamie to our first dance and slagged her about how she looked in her dress. We should have come weaving home together, singing and laughing and inconsiderate, after drunken college nights. We could have shared a flat, taken off Interrailing around Europe, gone arm-in-arm through dodgy fashion phases and low-rent gigs and high-drama love affairs. Two of us might have been married by now, given the other one a godchild. I had been robbed blind.” ― Tana French
- “He will be okay. Keep courage. Courage. That's what they kept calling it. This thing they wanted him to keep. But how did you keep something you did not own? Did not know? Could not find in the hungry panic inside you?” ― Sonali Dev
- “A vale of crippling numbness drifted over her, a depression so great it waved over the floor where she stepped like water.” ― Matthew Little
- “You were one of the lucky ones," Dr. Fleming had told him not a fortnight ago. "But you can't see it as luck. In your view it's intolerable, your survival. You're punishing yourself because a whimsical God let you live. You think you've failed the dead, failed to protect them and keep them alive and bring them back home again. But no one could have done that, Ian. Don't you see? No one could have brought all of them through!” ― Charles Todd
- This Japanese Couple Always Wear Some Matching Outfits In 41 Years Married Life And It's Just Too Adorable (14 Pictures)
- This Instagram Account Illustrated The 12 Famous and Funniest Cat Pictures On The Internet
- 75 Birthday Wishes for Cousin Sister, Best to Funny Messages
- These 20 Pictures of Adorable Kittens Under a Cozy Blanket Will Make Your Heart Warmer Than Ever!
- 12 Moments When This Talented Makeup Artist Turning Herself Into Famous Celebrities From Around The World