55+ Poetic Jane Eyre Quotes About Love, Life, Passion, Independence, and More!Jun 10, 2021 04:00 PM
Quotes from Jane Eyre
While the novel is hauntingly beautiful, the writing is also eloquently written, daringly progressive, and a terrific love story to boot. Her incredible words are remembered by many and we’re here to represent to you some of the most memorable and inspiring Jane Eyre quotes!
- “Yet it would be your duty to bear it, if you could not avoid it: it is weak and silly to say you cannot bear what it is your fate to be required to bear.”
- “It is a pity that doing one's best does not always answer.”
- “Crying does not indicate that you are weak. Since birth, it has always been a sign that you are alive.”
- “A great deal; you are good to those who are good to you. It is all I ever desire to be. If people were always kind and obedient to those who are cruel and unjust, the wicked people would have it all their own way; they would never feel afraid, and so they would never alter, but would grow worse and worse. When we are struck at without a reason, we should strike back again very hard; I am sure we should - so hard as to teach the person who struck us never to do it again.”
- “A beauty neither of fine colour nor long eyelash, nor pencilled brow, but of meaning, of movement, of radiance.”
- “I envy you your peace of mind, your clean conscience, your unpolluted memory. Little girl, a memory without blot of contamination must be an exquisite treasure-an inexhaustible source of pure refreshment: is it not?”
- “It is a very strange sensation to inexperience youth to feel itself quite alone the world, cut adrift from every connection, uncertain whether the port to which it is bound can be reached, and prevented by many impediments from returning to that it has quitted. The charm of adventure sweetens that sensation, the glow of pride warms it; but then the throb of fear disturbs it; and fear with me became predominant when half an hour elapsed, and still I was alone.”
- “The eagerness of a listener quickens the tongue of a narrator.”
- “Friends always forget those whom fortune forsakes.”
- “I sat down and tried to rest. I could not; though I had been on foot all day, I could not now repose an instant; I was too much excited. A phase of my life was closing tonight, a new one opening tomorrow: impossible to slumber in the interval; I must watch feverishly while the change was being accomplished.”
- “It is always the way of events in this life, no sooner have you got settled in a pleasant resting place, than a voice calls out to you to rise and move on, for the hour of repose is expired.”
- “Our honeymoon will shine our life long: its beams will only fade over your grave or mine.”
- “His presence in a room was more cheering than the brightest fire.”
- “Feeling without judgement is a washy draught indeed; but judgement untempered by feeling is too bitter and husky a morsel for human deglutition.”
- How to Tell If a Girl Likes You: 9 Signs When a Girl Is Into You!
- 40+ Best Halloween Greetings to Accompany Your Spooky Night!
- Know How to Cite A Pdf in APA with This Helpful Guide
- 3 Ways How to Make Silicone Molds at Home, Easiest Tutorials Ever!
- 40+ My Son Quotes That Illustrate The Great Love from Parents to Their Son