57 Suffering Quotes to Help You Coping with PainsJul 29, 2021 08:15 PM Suffering Quotes - Photo by Pixabay from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Everyone suffers. It's part of the human condition. But suffering can be a door to your personal evolution, to growth and expansion, if you choose to change your thoughts and perceptions.
The bad news is: we are the creators of our suffering.
The good news is: we are the creators of our suffering.
We can stop our own suffering by understanding the root of what is causing us to suffer and then taking action, whether it be changing our inner dialogue or doing things differently.
Let these suffering quotes help you to solve your problems!
Quotes on Suffering
Beautiful people don't just happen. If you're not sure how you're going to make it through this, read the following suffering quotes.
- “Other people are going to find healing in your wounds. Your greatest life messages and your most effective ministry will come out of your deepest hurts.” — Rick Warren
- “To live is to suffer. To survive is to find meaning in the suffering.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” — Helen Keller
- “If you had not suffered as you have, there would be no depth to you as a human being, no humility, no compassion.” — Eckhart Tolle
- “Faith must be tested, because it can only become your intimate possession through conflict.” — Oswald Chambers
- “It’s an awful truth that suffering can deepen us, give a greater lustre to our colours, a richer resonance to our words.” — Anne Rice
- “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Kahlil Gibran
- “The cure for the pain is in the pain.” — Rumi
- “For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen: a gaseous nebula must collapse. So, collapse. Crumble. This is not your destruction. This is your birth.” — Zoe Skylar (I think)
- “The cavity which suffering carves into our souls will one day also be the receptacle of joy.” — Neal A. Maxwell
Suffering Quotes BuddhaSuffering Quotes - Photo by (El Caminante) from Pixabay
Here are some Buddhism suffering quotes that will make you feel better to face everything in your life.
- “Pain is certain, suffering is optional.” — Buddha
- “Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.” — Buddha
- "Pain in life is inevitable but suffering is not. Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself [by the way you think about the 'pain' you receive]. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. [You can always be grateful that the pain is not worse in quality, quantity, frequency, duration, etc]” — Gautama Buddha
- “Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.” —Lachlan Brown
- “If a man speaks or acts with a good thought, happiness follows him like a shadow that never leaves him.” — Lachlan Brown
- “Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals.” — Lachlan Brown
- “Ardently do today what must be done. Who knows? Tomorrow, death comes.” — Lachlan Brown
- “What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: our life is the creation of our mind. If a man speaks or acts with an impure mind, suffering will follow him as the wheel of the cart follows the beast that draws the cart. If a man speaks or acts with a pure mind, joy follows him as his own shadow.” — Gautama Buddha
- “Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Suffering follows an evil thought as the wheels of a cart follow the oxen that draws it. Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.” —Gautama Buddha
- “To understand everything is to forgive everything.” —Gautama Buddha
Suffering Love Quotes
Breakups are tough and hopefully, these suffering quotes can help you remember the happy times. We hope that you can cope with your pains.
Let these suffering quotes inspire you to see the light at the end of the tunnel and push you through heartache.
- “Our greatest joy and our greatest pain come in our relationships with others.” — Stephen R. Covey
- “Perhaps watching someone you love suffer can teach you even more than suffering yourself can.” — Dodie Smith
- “What is hell? I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love.” Fyodor Dostoevsky
- “If we must part forever, give me but one kind word to think upon, And please myself with, while my heart’s breaking.” — Thomas Otway
- “Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself by putting them back together.” — Unknown
- “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.” ― Faraaz Kazi
- “It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love.” — Miguel de Unamuno
- “Strong people alone know how to organize their suffering so as to bear only the most necessary pain.” — Emil Dorian
- “Millions of people are suffering: they want to be loved but they don’t know how to love.” — Osho
- “Love is the desire to see unnecessary suffering ameliorated.” — Jordan B. Peterson
- “If he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then I will either wait for him or forget him.” — Paulo Coelho
Suffering Quotes BibleSuffering Quotes - Photo by James Chan from Pixabay
Suffering will come, but God can give us grace and strength to overcome every trial and to fulfill our purpose and mission in His kingdom.
The Bible gives advice about the meaning of suffering and how we can best endure it. Read the list below the scriptures and suffering quotes from the Bible that mention the sufferings we all have to face.
- “And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.” —1 Peter 5:10
- “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” —2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- “Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.” —Romans 5:3-4
- “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.” —Romans 8:18
- “The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.” —Psalm 34:19
- “For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” —2 Corinthians 4:17
- “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?” —Romans 8:35
- “Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin.” — 1 Peter 4:1
- “But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” —1 Peter 3:14
- “For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him.” —Philippians 1:29
- “Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” —Galatians 6:2
Suffering from Anxiety Quotes
Do you feel anxious now? These suffering quotes might help you to calm down.
- “P.S. You’re not going to die. Here’s the white-hot truth: if you go bankrupt, you’ll still be okay. If you lose the gig, the lover, the house, you’ll still be okay. If you sing off-key, get beat by the competition, have your heart shattered, get fired…it’s not going to kill you. Ask anyone who’s been through it.” —Danielle LaPorte
- “Anxiety’s like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you very far.” —Jodi Picoult
- “Smile, breathe, and go slowly.” —Thích Nhất Hạnh
- “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” —Steven Hayes
- “Anxiety is love’s greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic.” —Anais Nin
- “Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.” —Arthur Somers Roche
- “Life is 10 percent what you experience and 90 percent how you respond to it.” —Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
- “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” —Dan Millman
- “People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them.” —George Bernard Shaw
- “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” —Deepak Chopra
- “The largest part of what we call ‘personality’ is determined by how we’ve opted to defend ourselves against anxiety and sadness.” —Alain de Botton
- “If you trade your authenticity for safety, you may experience the following: anxiety, depression, eating disorders, addiction, rage, blame, resentment, and inexplicable grief.” —Brené Brown
- “The only thing that could spoil a day was people. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.” —Ernest Hemingway
- “People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” —Thích Nhất Hạnh
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness
36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers
100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids Between the Age of 4-15 Years!
36 Instagram Story Questions to Get Closer With Your Followers