60+ Best Madness Quotes That Describe About Madness and InsanityAug 21, 2021 03:00 AM Madness Quotes - Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Madness is often also described as craziness. Being mad doesn't just mean being angry. In other words, insanity also means that you are trying to stay sane by being a little crazy.
On this page, Tripboba has collected various madness quotes for you to enjoy. As you read these quotes, you will see the different perspectives about madness.
Quotes on Madness
When a person does not act or follow normal social norms, they are often considered insane. When someone acts a little crazy, we often call it mad. Read these madness quotes to learn more about it.
- "It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane." — Philip K. Dick, 'Valis'.
- "Madness is to think of too many things in succession too fast, or of one thing too exclusively." — Voltaire.
- "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." — Friedrich Nietzsche.
- "Better mad with the rest of the world than wise alone." —Baltasar Gracian.
- "A child is a curly dimpled lunatic." — Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- "That's how the madness of the world tries to colonize you: from the outside in, forcing you to live in its reality." — Jeff VanderMeer.
- "Money is our madness, our vast collective madness." — D. H. Lawrence.
- "The creative person is both more primitive and more cultivated, more destructive, a lot madder and a lot saner, than the average person." — Frank Barron.
- "The road to madness is madness." — Lewis Black.
- "Creativity and psychosis often go hand in hand. Or, for that matter, genius and madness." —Miss Jean Blake
Quotes About MadnessMadness Quotes - Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels
There are some insightful madness quotes you can read here.
- "No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness." — Aristotle.
- "San Francisco is a mad city - inhabited for the most part by perfectly insane people whose women are of remarkable beauty." — Rudyard Kipling.
- "I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane." — Waylon Jennings.
- "I have found both freedom and safety in my madness; the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us." — Kahlil Gibran, 'The Prophet'.
- "Love is a state of temporary psychosis." — Sigmund Freud.
- "Anger is a brief madness." — Horace.
- "We all know your idea is crazy. The question is whether it is crazy enough." — Niels Bohr.
- "When authority is total, so too is the madness of the man who declares it, and the potential for abuse of power." — Rick Wilson.
- "How do we get ahead of crazy if we don't know how crazy thinks?" — Holden Ford, 'Mindhunter'.
- "The great proof of madness is the disproportion of one's designs to one's means." — Napoleon Bonaparte.
Love Madness Quotes
- "And in her smile, I see something more beautiful than the stars.” — Beth Revis
- "I don’t want to live–I want to love first and live incidentally.” — Zelda Fitzgerald
- “Of course, I’m being irrational! I’m in love!” — Dr. Zoidberg
- “I want to be your favorite place to go when you’ve had a bad day or a good day.” — Unknown
- “Love her so much, that she might doubt your sanity… but never your passion.” — Dean Jackson
- “I love you much [most beautiful darling] more than anyone on the earth and I like you better than everything in the sky.” — E.E. Cummings
- “Look at me that way again, and you may just claim what’s left of my heart.” — William C. Hannan
- “You are the most beautiful thing I keep inside my heart.” — Unknown
- “One is very crazy when in love.” — Sigmund Freud
- I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” — Leo Christopher
- “People do crazy things when they’re in love.” — Hercules
- Take a love who looks at you like maybe you are magic.” — Marty McConnell
- “My love for you tonight is so deep and tender that it seems to be outside myself as well.” — Katherine Mansfield
- “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” — Robert Heinlein
- “When you find someone, who can make you laugh. Smile. Grow. Lust. Want. Crave. Feel. Make you mad but happy. Keep that. That’s euphoria.” — Unknown
Quotes About Madness and InsanityMadness Quotes - Photo by Robin Higgins from Pixabay
Are madness and insanity same? You will get the answer from the madness quotes below.
- "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." — Edgar Allan Poe
- "Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect." — Edgar Allan Poe
- "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." — Friedrich Nietzsche
- "You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." — Robin Williams
- "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." — Albert Einstein
- "Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." — Friedrich Nietzsche
- "It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane." — Philip K. Dick
- "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't." — William Shakespeare
- "I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane." — Waylon Jennings
- "In a mad world only the mad are sane." — Akira Kurosawa
- "A man who is 'of sound mind' is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key." — Paul Valery
- "Truly great madness can not be achieved without significant intelligence." — Henrik Tikkanen
- "Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." — John Lennon
- "Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives" — William C. Dement
- "Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children." — Sam Levenson
Quotes of Madness
What is the nature of madness? The following madness quotes will give answers about it.
- “If there is a supreme being, he's crazy." — Marlene Dietrich.
- "I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood 40 years!" —Ouiser Boudreaux
- "The 'silly question' is the first intimation of some totally new development." — Alfred North Whitehead.
- "Madness tracked him like a homeless dog, needed only a kind word or gesture to throw its lot with him forever." — William Gay
- "Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you." — Carl Jung.
- "All forms of madness, bizarre habits, awkwardness in society, general clumsiness, are justified in the person who creates good art." — Roman Payne
- "Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood." — Wei Hui.
- "Insanity destroys reason, but not wit." — Nathaniel Emmons.
- "We were wild, we were crazy, we were mostly young." — Kenny Chesney.
- "Great wits are sure to madness near allied, and thin partitions do their bounds divide." — John Dryden.
- "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." — Dean Kansky
- "And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." — Friedrich Nietzsche.
- "When love is not madness, it is not love." — Pedro Calderon de la Barca.
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness