60 Christian Christmas Quotes to Lift Up Your Spirit on the Big HolidayJul 26, 2021 07:00 PM Christian Christmas Quotes - Photo by Nicole Michalou from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Now that we’re heading towards the end of the year, it’s time to plan everything for the big holiday with your family and friends. As you know, Christmas and New Year have become one of the most celebrated holidays of the year, which can bring happiness to our lives.
One of the most popular things to do on the big day has to be exchanging cards that are filled with beautiful words and wishes. Christian Christmas quotes can be your inspiration in expressing yourself.
Tripboba has brought to you the 60 best Christian Christmas quotes that are popular and can be used for the day. Let’s find out your favorite!
Merry Christmas Christian Quotes
Whether it’s casual or religious, your Christmas cards can be filled with your own chosen words. If religious and Christian you wish for, you can decide and choose among the following Christian Christmas quotes.
- "To prepare our hearts for Christmas, we must cultivate the spirit of expectancy." – Handel H. Brown
- "The good news of great joy changed the course of every silent night to come." – Alicia Bruxvoort
- "Peace with God, peace with others, and peace in your own heart." – Rick Warren
- "God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it." – Pope Francis
- "We consider Christmas as the encounter, the great encounter, the historical encounter, the decisive encounter, between God and mankind. He who has faith knows this truly; let him rejoice." – Pope Paul VI
- "Faith is salted and peppered through everything at Christmas. And I love at least one night by the Christmas tree to sing and feel the quiet holiness of that time that's set apart to celebrate love, friendship, and God's gift of the Christ child." – Amy Grant
- "The great challenge left to us is to cut through all the glitz and glam of the season that has grown increasingly secular and commercial, and be reminded of the beauty of the One who is Christmas." – Bill Crowder
- "For it is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child himself." – Charles Dickens
- "When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?" – Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "Christmas is joy, religious joy, an inner joy of light and peace." – Pope Francis
- "The giving of gifts is not something man invented. God started the giving spree when He gave a gift beyond words, the unspeakable gift of His Son." – Robert Flatt
- "To prepare our hearts for Christmas, we must cultivate the spirit of expectancy." – Handel H. Brown
- "Who can add to Christmas? The perfect motive is that God so loved the world. The perfect gift is that He gave His only Son. The only requirement is to believe in Him. The reward of faith is that you shall have everlasting life." – Corrie Ten Boom
- "Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." – Norman Vincent Peale
- "Christmas is best pondered, not with logic, but with imagination." – Max Lucado
Christian Quotes About Christmas
The love you have for your family and friends must be celebrated this day – as much as you can. Because not everyone is lucky to have someone they love and care about, so you definitely don’t want to take this day for granted.
Tripboba’s next version of Christian Christmas quotes will be listed down below. Scroll down and find out your favorite quotes:
- "The very purpose of Christ's coming into the world was that he might offer up his life as a sacrifice for the sins of men. He came to die. This is the heart of Christmas." – Rev. Billy Graham
- “The great challenge left to us is to cut through all the glitz and glam of the season that has grown increasingly secular and commercial, and be reminded of the beauty of the One who is Christmas.” – Bill Crowder
- “The Almighty appeared on earth as a helpless human baby, needing to be fed and changed and taught to talk like any other child. The more you think about it, the more staggering it gets. Nothing in fiction is so fantastic as this truth of the Incarnation.” – J.I. Packer
- “Jesus was God and man in one person, that God and man might be happy together again.” – George Whitefield
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “You can never truly enjoy Christmas until you can look up into the Father’s face and tell him you have received his Christmas gift.” – John R. Rice
- "I truly believe that if we keep telling the Christmas story, singing the Christmas songs, and living the Christmas spirit, we can bring joy and happiness and peace to this world." – Norman Vincent Peale
- "Best of all, Christmas means a spirit of love, a time when the love of God and the love of our fellow men should prevail over all hatred and bitterness, a time when our thoughts and deeds and the spirit of our lives manifest the presence of God." – George F. McDougall
- “Any one thinking of the Holy Child as born in December would mean by it exactly what we mean by it; that Christ is not merely a summer sun of the prosperous but a winter fire for the unfortunate.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “All the Christmas presents in the world are worth nothing without the presence of Christ." –David Jeremiah
- “Faith is salted and peppered through everything at Christmas. And I love at least one night by the Christmas tree to sing and feel the quiet holiness of that time that's set apart to celebrate love, friendship, and God's gift of the Christ child.” – Amy Grant
- “At this Christmas when Christ comes, will He find a warm heart? Mark the season of Advent by loving and serving the others with God's own love and concern.” – Mother Teresa
- “...And then, just when everything is bearing down on us to such an extent that we can scarcely withstand it, the Christmas message comes to tell us that all our ideas are wrong, and that what we take to be evil and dark is really good and light because it comes from God. Our eyes are at fault, that is all. God is in the manger, wealth in poverty, light in darkness, succor in abandonment. No evil can befall us; whatever men may do to us, they cannot but serve the God who is secretly revealed as love and rules the world and our lives.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “We consider Christmas as the encounter, the great encounter, the historical encounter, the decisive encounter, between God and mankind. He who has faith knows this truly; let him rejoice.” – Pope Paul VI
- “And when the Lord Jesus has become your peace, remember, there is another thing: good will towards men. Do not try to keep Christmas without good will towards men.” – Charles Spurgeon
Christian Christmas Quotes and Sayings
The great thing about Christian Christmas quotes is the fact that not only they can only bring you and your family closer together, but they can also make you close to the Almighty.
Here are more Christian Christmas quotes to inspire your holiday with the spirit of God:
- “If Christmas is just a nice legend, in a sense you are on your own. But if Christmas is true, then you can be saved by grace.” — Timothy Keller
- “The brightest Christmas ever was lit by a single star and swaddled in the most drab colors, but offered mankind the greatest gift of all…true and lasting love.” ― Toni Sorenson
- “If you desire to find the true spirit of Christmas and partake of the sweetness of it, let me make this suggestion to you. During the hurry of the festive occasion of this Christmas season, find time to turn your heart to God. Perhaps in the quiet hours, and in a quiet place, and on your knees—alone or with loved ones—give thanks for the good things that have come to you, and ask that His Spirit might dwell in you as you earnestly strive to serve Him and keep His commandments. He will take you by the hand and His promises will be kept.” — Howard W. Hunter
- “For, first, the birth of Christ was the incarnation of God: it was God taking upon himself human—a mystery, a wondrous mystery, to be believed in rather than to be defined.” — Charles Spurgeon
- “So God throws open the door of this world—and enters as a baby. As the most vulnerable imaginable. Because He wants unimaginable intimacy with you. What religion ever had a god that wanted such intimacy with us that He came with such vulnerability to us? What God ever came so tender we could touch Him? So fragile that we could break Him? So vulnerable that His bare, beating heart could be hurt? Only the One who loves you to death.” — Ann Voskamp
- “The great challenge left to us is to cut through all the glitz and glam of the season that has grown increasingly secular and commercial, and be reminded of the beauty of the One who is Christmas.” — Bill Crowder
- “For Christians, Christmas is a celebration of Jesus’ birth — that light has come into darkness and, as the Gospel of John says, ‘the darkness could not overcome it.’” — Tish Harrison Warren
- “Look to Jesus this Christmas. Receive the reconciliation that he bought. Don’t put it on the shelf unopened. And don’t open it and then make it a means to all your other pleasures. Open it and enjoy the gift. Rejoice in him. Make him your pleasure. Make him your treasure.” — John Piper
- “It comes every year and will go on forever. And along with Christmas belong the keepsakes and the customs. Those humble, everyday things a mother clings to, and ponders, like Mary in the secret spaces of her heart.” ― Marjorie Holmes
- “And when we give each other Christmas gifts in His name, let us remember that He has given us the sun and the moon and the stars, and the earth with its forests and mountains and oceans–and all that lives and move upon them. He has given us all green things and everything that blossoms and bears fruit and all that we quarrel about and all that we have misused–and to save us from our foolishness, from all our sins, He came down to earth and gave us Himself.” — Sigrid Undset
- “For it is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child himself.” — Charles Dickens
- “Thousands each year find their desire for salvation and holiness becoming too acute to bear, and turn to the One who was born in a manger to die on a cross. Then the fleeting beauty that is Christmas enters their hearts to dwell there forever. For who is it that imparts such beauty to the Christmas story? It is none other than Jesus, the Altogether Lovely.” ― A.W. Tozer
- “God chose the stable for His Son to be born in for a very important reason. You see, when God sent His only Son to live on this earth, He made a strategic decision not to shelter Him from the harsh realities of this life. God had no intention of shielding His Son by having Him born into the make-believe world of the rich and famous. God wanted His Son to experience life in its blue-collar boldness. … From day one, God the Father determined not to shelter His Son from the rude, crude realities of life on planet earth. … For our sake, Jesus was given no aristocratic advantage. He had humbler beginnings than any of us. He was born into a real family, and He worked a real construction job. He lived in a neighborhood. He had real friends. He suffered hardship like the rest of us have, and He died a cruel death for a crime He didn’t commit. So, when the Bible urges people who are going through disappointment and pain to pour their hearts out to the now-ascended Savior, we Christians can do so with the absolute assurance that Jesus understands. He’s been there.” — Bill Hybels
- “We celebrate the first Christmas because we know there’s a second coming.” — Matt Chandler
- “[Christmas] means not just hope for the world, despite all its unending problems, but hope for you and me, despite all our unending failings.” — Timothy Keller
Christian Christmas Quotes for Cards
Let’s all make Christmas this year the one to remember with the company of touching and beautiful Christmas cards. Take inspiration from the following Christian Christmas quotes below.
- "A happy holiday and blessed new year filled with joy and contentment."
- "Hosannah in the highest! Christ is born, celebrate with gladness!"
- "Merry Christmas to you and God bless you and your family with peace and joy for the year to come."
- "Rejoice! Rejoice! Rejoice in the birth of the Lord – for unto us a child is given this night to bring peace and love to all mankind."
- "Glory to the newborn king! Christ in Bethlehem was born – let us rejoice and give thanks to God."
- "Peace be with your spirit on this night as you rejoice in the gift of the love of Christ."
- "Make a joyful noise! Hallelujah – Christ was born, let us rejoice in his glory!"
- "Remember on Christmas to follow a star, it just might bring you to the light of the world."
- "The glorious Christ child was born in a manger on this night. Let us think humbly on him as we rejoice this Christmas."
- "Hosanna and blessings to us all as we remember the birth of our Lord and saviour. Happy Holidays."
- "This Christmas let hope warm your heart, love warm your family, and the Holy Spirit warm all mankind."
- "May the harmony of Christmas stay in your heart all year round and may the Lord send his blessings."
- "May God bless you and let this Christmas season bring comfort and joy to you and your family."
- "Let the Lord send good tidings and the angels ring with joy! I wish you gladness and peace in the new year!"
- "Let the Lord guide you this Christmas season and warm your heart all winter long."
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness